• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Systemfel

Wings select Landon Ferraro at 32nd overall

Rate this topic

from the TSN

NHL Central Scouting's Blair MacDonald: "He's very good defensively. He has very good defensive positioning; he's always on the right side of the puck. If there's a turnover he's in good position right away. And he comes back deep in his own zone to help. He's very strong defensively, as well as being an offensive threat."

Red Deer (WHL)

POS: C SH: R

DOB: 8/8/91 HT/WT: 5-11/165

Style: Patrick Sharp

solid 2-way center who shots right. dead on with Wings needs...

for whatever reason when they were talking to him and ray on tv, i figured we would draft this kid. i randomly found ray ferraro card with him and his two son in the locker room. good pick kenny!

Landon is a hell of a player, i've watched him over the last 2 seasons and he only gets better and better every game. Excellent pick up for the wings.

Some people over on Mlive were critical of his plus/minus, but what they didn't check was his team was awful this season in Red Deer.

best PKer in the WHL? nice.

thank god!

the wings will have some great pk lines in the years to come with obviously z and dats, helm and abby, now ferraro. apparently he has the same qualities as the little ball of hate father of his, and more... he's the guy i wanted when a few others were picked (kassian...), so here's to him hopefully kickin' ass with the black aces next year :beerbuddy:

There's one more commentator in our corner...

Only when his son has the puck. When those soft euros have it then he's back to bashing them. "Zetterberg should've passed the puck to my son there. I know he was covered but still he has a better shot from the circle."

Only when his son has the puck. When those soft euros have it then he's back to bashing them. "Zetterberg should've passed the puck to my son there. I know he was covered but still he has a better shot from the circle."

Well I'm kidding but Ferraro has a ton of respect for the wings and it shows.

I said it last night when I found out that the Wings were going to trade their first round pick to TB that the Wings were going to get Landon Ferraro. God I Love it when I'm right!!!! Now on a hockey note: I think this is a good pick and I can see Ferraro playing with the Wings in a few years. He will need some more development and I think the Wings will bring him up slowly and make him a better player when he steps into the NHL. I don't see him playing this coming season but maybe soon.

I like all the picks the Wings had this season. I was not at all suprised to see the Wings go Offense in this draft only drafting 2 D-Men and 3 Centers and 2 Right Wings. I know that Andrej Nestrasil can be a C and a RW and I think that is great to have such a versitle player. All thise picks are great and I can't wait to see these players develop into great NHLers.