All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 2/17 GDT - Red Wings @ Predators - 8:00 PM EST

Errorson played 23 minutes tonight. Even when we win, we lose.
  3. Rumors Thread

I'd say he's darker than most middle easterners.I'd bet he's a bit African or Indian, probably more likely African based on the proximity of Greece. I love when we start to flirt with problematic topics lol
  4. Today
  5. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

I disagree there. This is buyout candidate numero uno. I could seen him on an NHL PTO next year after the buyout though
  6. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

They obviously don't plan on keeping him. Waivers is step one to see if anyone bites. Noone did. Step 2 is try to trade him after retaining salary. I think there's a good chance there. Last resort would be to buy him out and he becomes an UFA. Either way he gets picked up by another NHL team next year because he is still good enough to play in this league. I would be shocked if he doesn't get at least a one year one way show me deal at least next year if he gets bought out. Its not like I'm arguing he's a top 4 D here, I think we all agree he isn't even tho he's paid like one. I just don't think he's the hot garbage that some of you think he is. Its simply my opinion, y'all are certainly allowed to disagree.
  7. For the record, I am not advocating we bring back Smith. What I am saying, is if he was bought out and wanted to come back here on a 1 year/PTO /Booth style deal, I would do it. Worst case, he sucks and we cut him. Best case, he looks good and we trade him to the Rangers for a 2nd and a 3rd
  8. Phaneuf traded to Kings for Gaborik and Shore

Its part of a running joke about Howard being average because of his injury history. Perhaps its run its course. My bad.
  9. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Evgeny Svechnikov is not exactly having a stand out year for the grifffins this season. I see no reason to favor his brother. ALWAYS DRAFT THE SWEDISH D MAN Dahlin BELIEVE
  10. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

That’s true. Who knows, he may be focused on getting in shape and improving to get a recall. Just throwing that out there that he may not care. It happens. Just doesn’t look good on Smith that they’d risk losing him for nothing on waivers after giving up what they gave up so far. Seems like a major issue with him.
  11. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

I really couldn't care less what his *being s*** at hockey* issue is, all I know is he hasn't performed for two different teams. Being waived 1 year into a 4 million AAV contract is a lot worse than you're making it out to be. Smitty just became hockey cancer.
  12. 2/17 GDT - Red Wings @ Predators - 8:00 PM EST

Yeah. Stop doing what it is ur being paid to do. Lose on purpose. That's how you become a model franchise.
  13. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

How does showing up out of game shape after one off season mean he doesn't care? To my knowledge, this hasn't been a pattern with Smith. He's been in the league for how many years now? One off season should not define a player. Not saying he should be brought back by the Wings, they don't need him. It wouldn't be worth the assets to acquire him. But to say there are all of a sudden attitude or motivational issues seems a bit unfair IMO.
  14. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

Chapsy, you and I can agree on this one. Just no. Stay away. He was a constant disappointment here. Then he signs a big deal and totally steps off the gas. This guy is dumber than even we could've predicted. Like Kick said, I wouldn't tolerate that behavior from a top player, why would I accept it from Brendan Smith.? Just no. Stay away.
  15. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

Smith simply may not care anymore. He got his cash for life contract. He can slack off all he wants and never see the NHL again if that’s his chosen path. The Rangers overpaid then overpaid again. Not often you see that type of assets and money invested in a player just to have the team turn around and waive him. And it’s not like the Rangers are that good. It is a massive red flag.
  16. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

I was speaking from an NHL GM chair in general, not any team specifically. He wouldn't be a fit everywhere, but at half his current salary, I would add him if I was looking for D depth. I guarantee you he plays in the NHL next season somewhere. If I was KH, I would absolutely take him over XO or Jensen tho. I just wouldnt give up anything to get him.
  17. 2/17 GDT - Red Wings @ Predators - 8:00 PM EST

f*** it, playoff push..
  18. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

Yeah you don’t sign a guy who got cut on his first year contract because of being out of shape and not taking conditioning seriously. Huge red flag. Doubt the Wings take him back anyways.
  19. 2/17 GDT - Red Wings @ Predators - 8:00 PM EST

Dahlin will be gone 9-10 spots before the Wings pick
  20. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

Exactly. Need to move on. People talk about players needing to be traded for not playing to their potential around here all the time. That actually happens with Smith and people would take him back, even though he was waived by NYR in his first season after signing a $4 million per season multi year deal and them giving up a 2nd and 3rd to get him? No thanks. He’s their problem now.
  21. 2/17 GDT - Red Wings @ Predators - 8:00 PM EST

why we win so much lol dahlinnnnnnn
  22. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

this makes holland look like a god
  23. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

I'm not counting him out, but I don't think he was ever going to be a top line winger. If he's not a top 2 winger, that would make him a middle six winger. I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm just not that high on Evgeny. Saying this is a bad year is a bit of an understatement though... To think, we could have had Brock Boeser with that pick...
  24. Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

Enough with bringing back former Wings. Especially ones that can’t stick around the league. I know it’s a favourite move of Hollands though, so I wouldn’t doubt he’s already been working the phones with the Rags asking about Smith.
  25. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Wouldn’t count out Evgeny Svechnikov from top 6 role yet. He has yet to develop. Having a bad year this year
  26. Phaneuf traded to Kings for Gaborik and Shore

Ahh I didn’t realize they already had a guy on LTIR. That does change things. But ya, they could trade a ghost contract to a team needing to add cap. Best case for Ottawa is Gáborík actually retires if there’s some indication he’s considering it.
  27. Phaneuf traded to Kings for Gaborik and Shore

If you say so. I never implied that he was average. He was a risk at that contract, that’s all.
  1. Load more activity