All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Pierre McGuire on Wings-Tavares

Honestly, the Wings may not be that far away from another Cup. Larkin and Mantha look ready to dominate this team. Within 2 years the contracts of E, Kronner and possibly Z will be gone. Next year one if Howard or Mrazek will be gone. Greens cap will be gone. Add to that AA and as mentioned, the growth of Larkin and Mantha, along with the possibility of a generational player next draft. If we add Tavares for 7 years and possibly a top 2 defender this year or next, they could be right there within those 7 years of Tavares' contract and beyond.
  3. Pre-Season Games

I had seats in Section 226 row 10 close to center ice last night and I absolutely agree. There's a large "catwalk" in front the upper row seats on both sides of the arena (believe one side is where the broadcasters are). This "catwalk" obstructs your view of that beautiful scoreboard and you do feel that you aren't getting the full "experience" of the arena. Will definitely be keeping that in mind next time I order tickets.. And yeah, they need to fix that goal horn and fwiw... If you are a smoker, there are NO OUTDOOR SMOKING SECTIONS. I wanted to grab a vape between periods and asked an employee near one of the entrances and he was nice enough to inform of that. You want to go out to smoke/vape you will have to pay for another admission to get back in. Will definitely be bringing a stealth vape setup next time I go.
  4. The 13th F......

So you have Witkowski and Booth on the roster just in case of emergency, and you call up Frk/Svech every chance you get?
  5. Today
  6. Pre-Season Games

He's got a ton of poise and composure under pressure for such a young player. He just doesn't panic at all, so he's making the correct decisions. I don't know all the details, but it sounded like he was just disappointed with his first college season and decided to make the change to juniors. As much as it's nice to see young guys commit to school, in the end it distracts from hockey, and if he really wants to be a professional hockey player I think this will be a good move for him. He will dominate juniors.
  7. Pierre McGuire on Wings-Tavares

Thanks. I trust Doug Weight, and naturally as a great hockey players Tavares probably wants to win a few cups. I also trust Tavares though, and he's said explicitly multiple times it's important to him to be loyal to the team that drafted him and he loves playing for NYI. Stamkos, as far as I know, never even said those kind of things and look where he ended up. This will be hyped to the max until he re-signs with the Isles, but I think it's all just that. Hype. He'll probably be an Islander for life.
  8. Pre-Season Games

I thought he would be going back to St. Cloud State like last year. Wonder why that change was made. Seems more talent comes from the CHL, though, so I think it's a good thing.
  9. Athanasiou Rumor

AA is first line upside potentially in my opinion. On top of that, it's bad logic. It implies we should let our prospects walk to improve our chances to land a generational talent. I would rather let our veterans walk to further that chance.
  10. 2018 Detroit Red Wing All-Star(s)

Probably Anthony Mantha
  11. Athanasiou Rumor

The Winged Wheel podcast had a pretty level headed take on the situation and I really agree it's basically a win win situation: AA signs: Wings have a young third line winger with second line updside AA walks: capspace plus the Wings are worse thus improving their chances for Dahlin And that's exactly where I'm at now I don't care anymore because it's really a win win situation
  12. I have 3 Openings in My Free ESPN Fantasy Roto, Snake Draft League. Live draft is 10/1/ at 7pm EST. If you're interested, let me know. Rules: http://games.espn.com/fhl/content?page=fhlrulesindex2018 Thanks
  13. Pre-Season Games

Wasn't impressed overall despite the win last night. Howard looked ok to me, if anything good is asked of me. Sadowy and Street hardly seemed AHL ready last night. Back down they go. Addon: Cholowski is more than AHL ready. Should be playing with the Griffins this season, bummer. He has that 'game slows down with the puck on his stick' trait. Hard to explain. But most offense starts there, with the first good leading pass. Will be keeping a big eye open on his progression.
  14. Pierre McGuire on Wings-Tavares

I apologize that was really stupid on my part, requesting a source but not having one by myself. So here's the source: https://elitesportsny.com/2017/06/03/no-shocker-new-york-islanders-weight-says-john-tavares-wants-win-cups/
  15. The 13th F......

They don't need to be plugs, but yes, typically teams have 3 players (2 forwards, 1 defenseman) healthy scratched every game, assuming they're filling out the 23-man roster limit.
  16. The 13th F......

We need multiple plugs? Good to know. News to me.
  17. The 13th F......

I never suggested this... Like I said, ideally teams prefer to go with 14 forwards and 7 defensemen. Booth and Witkowski would be my 13th and 14th forwards... Frk is nothing like Pulkkinen other than their shot...
  18. The 13th F......

Where'd you read this? So Sproul is ready for full-time NHL duties then and Daley is holding him back? Is that what I'm not understanding? So change his name out with Bertuzzi, Svechnikov, I just threw in young player X
  19. The 13th F......

Frk is a one trick pony, Pulk 2.0
  20. The 13th F......

We already have that depth skater in Luke Witowski. He should be the one sitting while Frk plays, not Booth sitting so Witowski can play.
  21. The 13th F......

Bertuzzi is hurt, they don't think Svechnikov is ready, PAP or Booth aren't going to hold them back, plus I'd rather have one of them as the 13th guy sitting in the press box than a kid who could be playing in GR instead. I'd still rather have Svechnikov in Detroit, but Holland is going to do his thing
  22. Worst Contracts by Team

What got me is their owner signed them to those deals then immediately started complaining about having to sign them top those deals and that's why they needed a CBA that helped the owners more
  23. The 13th F......

Again, I don't think anyone is suggesting that we sign either Booth or Parenteau to play regularly above any of the kids. The only way they should be signed is as a depth forward (regular healthy scratch) playing a scattered game in a pinch (game day injury type situations). If we only had 6 defensemen on the active roster, I'd be completely fine with signing Dennis Wideman to a PTO and giving him a one year contract as a depth defenseman. Players on the active roster have to sit every night. We're not going to call up Svechnikov to sit, nor are we going to call him up to sit Sheahan or whoever else. Booth is the exact type of player you want as your 13th forward in my opinion. Hell, I would have even been okay with Miller coming back, strictly as the 13th forward, and I'm sure you know how I feel about Miller as a hockey player...
  24. Pre-Season Games

For all the heat Cholowski and Rasmussen have taken because "but but Holland different draft the guy I wanted!" both have looked really good in preseason. Big Ras looked right in step last night. Not exceptionally fast, but more than kept up, sometimes skating faster than Nyquist and Tatar. Very responsible, excellent passing and shooting, very good net screening, and a little bit nasty in front of the goalie. Looks like a very composed and confident player. Like Ras Cholowski looks calm and collected out there. Above average decision making. Smooth skating for a D-man. Will probably never be a flashy player, but does all the little things right like Lidstrom did. Real potential to be an anchor on the backend for us. Frk has that nifty slapper, but he looks like sort of a blah one-dimensional player to me. Other than those 3, nobody else has really made a big impression on me.
  25. The 13th F......

Yes I think I misunderstood your last sentence. I just don't understand how everyone is cool with signing bottom of the barrel players, who no one else in the league wanted, that take spots from kids, but signing a legitimate top 4 who can help the team and take a spot from a kid is something to raise arms over you'd think it would be the other way around.
  26. Pre-Season Games

Cholowski was assigned to Prince George of the WHL today. It was expected sooner or later, but I would have liked to see him play another game or two. Oh well, hopefully he dominates the W this season and helps the Griffins this spring.
  27. The 13th F......

Absolutely nothing. He's a top 4 defenseman. You must have misread something I said...
  1. Load more activity