All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Scott R Lucidi

2024 Offseason Thread

Kane will be back. Our team is going to be good next year.
  3. Today
  4. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

Of course Yzerman and Brisson are going to talk. That's their jobs. You were just 100% making up statements and attributing them to Kane and Debrincat. I hope Kane decides to stay too, but I have not gotten that impression from his statements. Brisson is also going to be dealing with Yzerman on Sprong and McIsaac this summer, so plenty of opportunity for conversation.
  5. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

Kanes family lives in Buffalo. He owns a home there and another outside of Chicago. He's not married, and his only child is 3. I don't think he's concerned about uprooting the family. The teams that were after him last year besides us were reported as Florida, Dallas, and Buffalo. Not sure how those teams situations have changed since then. But he would be viewed as the holy savior of the Sabres if he returned home. I could also see a return to Chicago happening. But maybe he's only truly interested in contenders, it could be a number of teams if thats the case. IDK if it's in the yzerplan to hand him a 5x5. Last year we could afford to risks. That ability has greatly diminished now IMO.
  6. AtlantaHotWings

2024 Offseason Thread

Kane proved what he is still capable of and this was off a season of rehab not training as he said like an athlete. I don't fault Kane to see what he can make on the open market as he took low end money for a show me contract. He showtimed it. The question do you want to uproot the family yet again learn new teammates tendencies etc. Vs train in Detroit with Larkin and others and be part of helping to put an Orig 6 back into the picture. What teams can afford him if he wants say 5x5 term going by his statement on playing till 40
  7. 13dangledangle

2024 Offseason Thread

I agree he is going to get money and term. of course I want him back, but that conversation 100% sounded like Kane & his agent will hear out the wings then decide whether or not to hit the market
  8. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

Again, not what Dcat said. The quote is "He came here in the first place, and he chose us for a reason. Obviously I don't know what he's going to do, but we are hoping he stays here." Not, I think he's going to play here. Not, why would he not come back? In fact, not only does he not say he thinks Kane is coming back, he openly admits he does not know what Kane will do. Furthermore, Kane explicitly says in his interview that what he is looking for is different than last year. So DCats statement about him choosing us in the first place is feckless. Not that it matters much since he admitted he doesn't know. And just curious, who did Kane mention he wants to play with next year...?
  9. Scott R Lucidi

2024 Offseason Thread

I agree with this. But Kane isnt dumb either. He showed hes still a 30 goal, 40 assist winger. He's not going to play for Rasmussen money.
  10. 13dangledangle

2024 Offseason Thread

LOL No he wasn’t. He was asked if he thinks Kane is coming back and he said well he did pick to come to Detroit to begin with so why would he not come back is exactly what he was saying.
  11. AtlantaHotWings

2024 Offseason Thread

Fester and Yzerguy
  12. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

Correct, that is much different. It's a reference to last year... not next year. Dcat still said nothing about thinking or expecting Kane to be back NEXT year. And Kane does not at all talk about who on the Red Wings he wants to play with next year. I can't even find anything he said that you might reasonably confuse for that. Perhaps you might be the one who needs to do a little rewatching... regards
  13. 13dangledangle

2024 Offseason Thread

He actually said “he picked to come here for a reason” while saying why he hopes he also comes back. Much different
  14. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

They did not. "I hope he will be back" is not the same as "I think he will be back". Your brain is doing a little wishful thinking if you're confusing those statements. Regards,
  15. 13dangledangle

2024 Offseason Thread

Are you a regard? They absolutely did make both of those statements. Perhaps watch their end of season pressers again.
  16. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

Neither Kane or Dcat made either of those statements. What Kane did say was his agent is going to explore options. I get that you want him back, so do I. But Kane spoke in the past tense about the wings the entire time, and went out of his to highlight how healthy and pain free he is now. He's already selling himself to the next franchise.
  17. AtlantaHotWings

2024 Offseason Thread

He said after the game he turned and saw the bench and knew it didnt matter. "I didn’t really know fully," Kane said. "I think some of the other guys knew. I mean, even at the end, there wasn’t much of a reaction coming off the bench, so I figured there wasn’t too much to celebrate." https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2024/04/16/detroit-red-wings-eliminated-playoff-push-shootout-win-montreal-canadiens/73350900007/
  18. 13dangledangle

2024 Offseason Thread

I also don't think that's true. He seemed very much interested in staying, he's a pro so he's not going to show his hand as it's business. BUT he even commented on who he would play with next year would indeed be a big question mark-I think he'll come back. DeBrincat said he also thinks he will be back as well so thats something
  19. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

No one celebrating was my point. Kane doesn't have the miles and time to waste playing rebuild with us. He needed this year to prove he still has it. He's done that and now he'll set his sights on a true contender. He was an awesome bonus this year, but I'm not under any delusion he has loyalty to the Wings. You don't honestly believe that. Every player says empty platitudes like that to the media. And every core player wants their GM to add talent for them to play with. We certainly could see some moves this summer, but IMO it will be much quieter than what your hoping for. If SY was unwilling to give up guys like Berggren and his draft picks at the TDL, he certainly isn't going to part with them now. Furthermore, guys like Chiarot and Copp are going nowhere. SY is building a culture, and he's not going to jump ship on the vets he's made commitments to. And they're not even bad, so why move them? Don't listen to the hater(s) screaming nonsense about them 24/7.
  20. LeftWinger

2024 Offseason Thread

Not necessarily. None of the team celebrated. A promise to improve the team in areas, some term, and he could be back. I hope he's back or we're in trouble. How do you replace a PPG guy? He can't be angry that Yzerman didn't make any moves at the TDL because he was one of the players saying how much they all love playing together and how they feel they can win with the guys they have. He did mention about who he's playing with. That's a coaching thing. I know you cannot let a player dictate the line mates, but he'll be top 6, maybe get him an upgrade at C if he's not gonna play with Larkin (I suggested Domi before) and keep them together. He seems to like Domi. If Yzerman can unload some cap ( a couple of Fabbri, Holl, Chiarot, Husso, for example) he could seriously upgrade his top 6 by reaching out to Domi and Bertuzzi. Could you imagine that top 6? Bertuzzi-Larkin-Raymond Kane-Domi-DeBrincat Those two lines would have it all. Playmaking, sniper, sandpaper. You'd have a solid bottom 6 anchored by Rasmussen, Compher, Copp (Perron if he returns) Still trade Berggren and a 1st for a serious D upgrade. Like him or not, Chychrun would be a big upgrade. Of course this all depends on clearing enough cap to sign and re-sign the players we need to sign. And maybe Ottawa retaining 50% of Chychrun. Because Domi/Bertuzzi would probably cost about $10-$11M combined, also knowing Seider/Raymond will probably cost $13-$16M combined. It could work if we dumped some of the salary mentioned above. If you could get another $12-$14M in cap avail via trades, it's doable. Fill in the final few spots with kids.
  21. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

I'm aware
  22. Scott R Lucidi

2024 Offseason Thread

@Motor City Mullets check discord
  23. Scott R Lucidi

2024 Offseason Thread

Kane scored more goals in 50 games than Zadina got in 250.
  24. Yesterday
  25. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

Kane effortlessly scoring that season ending shootout goal to no celebration perfectly encapsulates the season and his time here. He's gonezo
  26. AtlantaHotWings

2024 Offseason Thread

Dude is wearing a lot of emotion on his sleeve and it's understandable
  27. kipwinger

2024 Offseason Thread

I forgot about Larkin’s wife losing her baby. When the reporters asked about his year he almost broke down. He’s in a lot of pain and I genuinely hope he gets help and works through it. That was tough to watch.
  28. LeftWinger

2024 Offseason Thread

You my be right, but it sounded like if he could get term here, he'd be interested.
  1. Load more activity