All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bad Fans?

We knew going into the season we would probably suck wind and that's hard to accept after all the years of success. I have watched games this year with less emotion then in years past as I feel we don't have the talent yet to compete at the level we used to. Do I believe we will get back to the elite sure do I think we will make the playoffs every year again for 25 years no way the cap has assured parity. So I eagerly wait for the draft and next season when the kids will be a bit more experienced maybe we will have a new cornerstone and maybe a coach because Blash is wearing on my nerves with the same rehearsed speech. I do get some enjoyment of pinging my hawks friends asking how their season is going....baahaaa as they say things could be worse.
  3. Has Blashill finally lost the team?

In his first move as Seattle GM hockey genius Ken Holland has made a bold move by bringing Dan Clearly out of retirement to lead the new team. Meanwhile Holland responded coyly when asked if he had been persuing talks with Mikael Samuelsson who is rumored to be interested in becoming the new teams slap shot accuracy coach. Said Holland whistfully, “Nobody could put the puck dead on the goalies jersey like Sammy.”
  4. Has Blashill finally lost the team?

Ok it seems they won’t fire Blashill until this cluster%[#^ of a season is over, but how about a compromise. Let him keep his job, but shut him the heck up. No more post game interviews with his empty, meaningless, pathetic babbling, tired cliches and excuses. You owe us that much Ilitch family!
  5. Today
  6. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

I wouldn't pick him at 2, but I'd definitely consider him anywhere outside of the top 3. Interesting to see Tkatchuk ahead of Svechnikov and Zadina on Craig's List... He also has Veleno at 27. I highly doubt he drops that low, but if he does, I'd be more than happy to snag him with our Vegas pick.
  7. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

The guy I wanted with our Vegas pick, Noel, is showing #16 in this March Craigs List, so I can pretty much give up on getting him. With the obvious #1 being Dahlin, if we got a 2-5, I'd go with Bouchard, then with out next 1st and two 2nds I'd attempt to get (if available) ; Mattias Samuelsson, Ryan McLeod, Joe Veleno.
  8. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

This is the guy if we aren't drafting #1 in Dahlin. I may even consider him at #2 if we get #2.
  9. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Ok, don't look now, but we are #4!
  10. Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

I see another win from Petr tonight!
  11. Bad Fans?

Regarding the Blackhawks - that's a different story than just being 'bad fans'. I've been to the old Chicago Stadium a few times in the early 90's...They were as much passionate as they were obnoxious. By the mid 90's - 'Dollar' Bill Wirtz went full-retard mode, and started to go cheap, and had gotten rid of a good number of popular players (along with numerous coaches)...They became the official joke of the NHL courtesy of their owner (keep in mind they stopped airing home games on tv)...And I honestly cannot blame many Hawk fans for turning their back on their team - it was a total joke of a franchise. The best thing for that franchise was for $$$ Bill to die, and his son Rocky to take over...It's no wonder why the fans came back when competent people were hired to run the team.
  12. Bad Fans?

If we're lucky... But I agree with others in here - as much as I want this team to win - the painful reality is that they need to be bad for a few more seasons in order to draft as much hi-end talent as possible.
  13. Bad Fans?

I never cheer for my team to lose even if it moves them closer to getting a better draft pick. Let's say you cheer for them to lose, you get the pick you want and they pick someone else or they pick the guy everyone wants and he's a bust. Now you're back to square one and you're still cheering against your team? Cheer for your team, hope that younger players get experience and confidence playing at the NHL level and that carries them into the next year. If you get the top pick in the draft and he works out, great. If not, no worries, there's a Steve Yzerman behind every Pat LaFontaine.
  14. Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

I'm hoping Petr stands on his head tonight, and shuts us out. Not only to improve our tanking job, but also to increase the Flyers coaching staff's confidence, and they play him throughout the rest of the season, and into the playoffs...Hopefully we can nab 1 more draft pick from them.
  15. RT @TechnicallyRon: How the seasons work in the UK: Jan - Cold Feb – Still Cold Mar – Still cold but snow now Apr - Rain May – More rain Ju…

16. Yesterday
  17. Love how Blashill isn’t fried. I get the season is done, but 10 in a row, gotta do something
  18. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Ok, I'm watching a tv show I haven't watched in about 2 years (Club Poker) of the people on it has a last name of Dahlstrom. A nice mix of Dahlin and Lidstrom, it has to be a sign, yes? No? Reaching a bit? I don't care, it's a sign! #1 overall and Lids is going to announce the pick! Dahlstrom!
  19. Last week
  20. Drafted First rounders

Yes as far as i know it's happened twice? Eric Lindros refused to sign with Quebec and Justin Schultz with Anaheim when he finally signed with Edmonton. Edit my bad Justin Schultz was a 2nd round pick for Anaheim not 1st round pick but he did refuse to sign with the Ducks.
  21. Bad Fans?

Is rooting for them to lose really worth it tho if they don't pick in the top 3?
  22. Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Well Petr gets his 5th win for the Flyers 6-3 over the Capitals now make the playoffs and Philly's 2018 4th becomes a 2018 3rd round pick.
  23. New draft rules

I think you make it that so that the 1st round is determined from 1-31 completely at random. Every team has a shot at every pick, regardless of where they finished. The worse the team, the greater the odds, but still everyone has a chance. That would discourage tanking. Also, I would implement rules similar to what Jonas said. Top 3 picks have to be held by different teams in consecutive years. No more than 3 years in a row picking in the top 10. Rounds 2-7 go strictly by previous seasons standings.
  24. Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Boom! 5th Win for Petr... Now finish it off and make the playoffs!
  25. Drafted First rounders

They can, like krsmith mentioned. But they are also giving up their chance to play in the NHL because the team that drafted them retains their rights and they can't play for any other NHL franchise until those rights are traded or expire. That's why unless ur a high profile prospect like Lindros who can force a trade, its unwise to do so cuz the team that holds ur rights can choose to hold on to them for 2 years for juniors and 4 years for college and european players. Then you can be signed by other NHL franchises. He wasn't a 1st rounder, but Jimmy Vesey did that recently.
  26. Drafted First rounders

And as revenge they took a LONG time to induct him into the Hall of Fame
  27. Has Blashill finally lost the team?

I agree with this. The Legwand and Cole trades I think had more to do with the former. Same with the Weiss and Nielsen signings. I am willing to give him a pass on those. The Abby and Helm deals are on him tho. The Datsyuk-Chychryn-Cholowski thing wasn't any of those things or his fault IMO. Daley and Green were good, smart signings. Sheahan, Wilson, Sproul, Tatar, and Mazek trades all seem to be solid so far. So at this point, the only thing I am putting squarely on Holland is his penchant for overpaying/overextending pending UFAs. I am willing to give him at least one more draft, free agency and TDL to see what he can do before I start looking at replacements next year (YZERMAN).
  28. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Maybe the better question is, if we aren't in a position to draft A. Svechnikov... would the team that does draft him have interest in E. Svechnikov? If so, what could we get for him? A prospect and their 2018 2nd rounder? A 2019 1st?
  1. Load more activity