All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Brendan Smith traded to Rangers for 2nd (2018) and 3rd (2017) Round Draft Picks

Oh please. No one is unfairly picking on anyone. Yall need to buck up. KR, you argued left and right for the better part of 5 years that Smith not only had the potential to be a top 4 puck moving Dman, but at times you argued he already was one. Now things have shook out... the waiting to see what he becomes is over... and now suddenly when these results are in we cant revist the argument? I find that down right silly Smith and Jurco were both extremely hyped prospects. Had there not been a big hype train, we wouldnt be here discussing their failures to live up to that hype now. Yall can say thats face rubbing, but to that id just say yall made your beds, time to lay in em. Remember the amount of s*** Eva took for hyping Hudler night and day? Guy took it like a champ. If youre not mature enough to discuss gtfo. Thats directed at all you sensitive snowflakes KR, you know your s***, and I respect your opinion, even though we disagree sometimes. And as resident Smith fanboy I'm most interested to hear what you think about Smith at this point of his career. Regardless of how it got to this point for him I think we can both agree 1. Hes not top4. 2. Hes not a puck mover (at least not an NHL caliber one). Am I wrong?
  3. Today
  4. Why are we better than last season?

Where is @shocky2002 when you need a good corsi analysis.
  5. The MANtha watch.....

If we can trade AA for a potentially elite D-man, we do it in a heartbeat. If its Larkin or Mantha, we need to strongly consider it. Our organization has shown that it can draft young forwards late in the draft that can turn into top 6 players. All of Datsyuk, Z, Tatar, Nyquist, AA were low draft picks, and even Larkin/Mantha were not at the top of the draft. Name one D-man since Kronwall that we have drafted ANYWHERE was a top pairing guy, let alone elite. We ca't bank on UFA's because a young UFA D-man in his prime is not likely coming to Detroit, he is much more likely to go to a team that is on the verge of a cup. We may be there in a few years, but we arent yet.
  6. RT @iLikeVinesDaily: New York City https://t.co/saYolunmJZ

7. Happy Thanksgiving, Peeps

Hope everyone has a great holiday. Lets Go Wings!
  8. Caged In The Cave-Them Boys Are Back https://t.co/GdIj6au6OJ

9. Yesterday
  10. Poor Tom Hanks at the end of Castaway. Got nowhere to go.

11. The MANtha watch.....

If we traded a great young F for a great young Dman are we better? For the last 10 years or so the Preds have had the best BL corp and 1 of the top 3 G and they barely made the playoffs. It wasn't until they added high end F's that they became a great team. So does having only one good group work? I would say no. The Kings, Pens, and Blackhawks have all won multiple SC's over the last 10 years or so. All have had great F's and great Dmen. So do we have both? No. Do we have enough assets to make the trades required to have both? No. We have to draft and sign UFA's. If we had 6-8 young high end F's that would be different. But we are not there yet.
  12. Why are we better than last season?

Yeah but we all know that eye ball tests don't work and unless you are a mathfreak you have no idea what you're talking about.
  13. Why are we better than last season?

Through 21 games they are 10-8-3. Last year after 21 games they were 10-10-1 The big difference is last year they won 6 of their first 8, then went on to lose 9 out of 11. Standings wise it is too early to tell, but I think they look better on the ice.
  14. Ericsson needs to sit

If E was 22 and was being paid league minimum, nobody would have a problem with him on our third pairing. Given he is 30+, being paid 4mil+, and is on our 1st pairing, he's under a microscope.
  15. The MANtha watch.....

Granted, DeAngelo was just a sweetener. But, still. "Want our sexy asset? It'll cost you your sexy 1C. I don't need to move my sexy asset, so you need to really sell me on this. Don't come to me with Nyquist or Tatar. It's insulting."
  16. The MANtha watch.....

Tl;dr is all i look for
  17. The MANtha watch.....

I think the real problem for us is that we lack players that other teams really covet. We have good assets and, in theory, we should be able to put together a package that could get us a Girard type. But, ultimately, market/trade value comes down to what GMs want and what they're willing to give up to get it. If a GM is going to give up a high-end D prospect, he's going to want something *Sexy*, an asset that many GMs covet. *A Real Good 1C* or *A Real Good 2C* or *A Jonathan Drouin*. GMs generally want Taylor Halls, not Nugent-Hopkinses. We could offer, say, Tatar and a 2nd and a prospect, but I don't think that really excites any GM, unless they're desperate. I imagine Ron Francis holds out for something better. "Well, I've got Lou offering me Marner for Hanifin. Can you offer me *A Mitch Marner*?" I guess we could counter with Athanasiou, but I'm not sure he's viewed as favorably as we'd like to think he is. To be clear, I'm not necessarily saying AA is inferior to Marner. Rather, I'm saying Marner has name recognition and draft pedigree that AA doesn't have. The HYPE! is stronger with Marner. The hope, I guess, is that we find a perfect fit. That the stars align and Holland('s successor) finds a way to trade pieces we don't need for a high-end D prospect that [insert GM] feels he doesn't need. But I'm not holding my breath. tl;dr Anthony DeAngelo and the 7th overall pick in a weak draft cost the Rangers a solid 1C in Derek Stepan. Trades are hard dumb.
  18. 11/19 GDT - Avalanche at Red Wings - 6:00 PM EST

The Avs are currently in a playoff spot. And they're 2 pts. behind us with 2 games in hand. They're not really a bottom feeder - like us, they're currently a bubble team.
  19. 11/19 GDT - Avalanche at Red Wings - 6:00 PM EST

This loss was bad, real bad. Letting up a 3-1 lead late in the third and ultimately losing at home against a bottom feeder is as demoralizing as it gets. On top of that, the dominance Colorado displayed at the end of the game was.. Punishing.. Aggressively dominating. Rape comes to mind. Let's see how they look right after this. If you think it's easy to shake this treatment off 'even' for the veterans think again. I could bet you Z discussed hanging them up over dinner at home if we could somehow find out. Albeit as it is, it's just conjecture from me. Stars are aligning. When one of our key players goes down, the plunge begins. And the trek toward Dahlin begins in earnest.
  20. Why are we better than last season?

Too early to say they're better. They were about the same last year in the standings, before falling apart during a home stand. The better answer is, because kipwinger isn't here anymore.
  21. Ericsson needs to sit

I can't watch E. Its not that he's overpaid that bothers me, just that he is horrid. Wings are better off with anyone other than him at this point.
  22. Ericsson needs to sit

If you keep paying attention to the guy, you're not going to like it. Watch Z play. Dude keeps ******* up on every shift the last few weeks. No one seems to complain though because they aren't looking for issues in him.
  23. Ericsson needs to sit

You're going to give yourself an ulcer. It seems like it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. "Ericsson is bad, therefore I only notice his mistakes." I've been as hard on him as anyone the last couple years, but he's been better. Note, much like the Lions following the Millen era, better does not mean good.
  24. 11/19 GDT - Avalanche at Red Wings - 6:00 PM EST

On another note, they need to dress 12 forwards. I know Booth isn't anything special, but there's no need to wear out your forwards by double shifting them, and it screws up chemistry and flow.
  25. Ericsson needs to sit

ha ha...was that two minute soliloquy after the ridiculously stupid, unneeded, horrible timed penalty in the 3rd that lead to the Avs starting their comeback to win the game? Funny, cause our radio team just spent some time last Wed on pregame to the Flames game saying the exact opposite. Anyway, I Totally agree with you. Someone in this organization likes him to the point of being blind. Reminds me of the Jason Williams/Brett Lebda organizational love. Why I am bringing this up now as juklitz posed...good question. I just can't take it anymore!!! I swear under my breathe whenever I see him on the ice. But now, I think we now have some legitimate, viable, "net-net" gain options with some of our younger guys to sit him or trade him..something!! He's literally driving my insane with rage.
  26. Ericsson needs to sit

That's what I thought so too at first but the OP wrote out like 3 paragraphs so it seems like he is serious.
  27. Ericsson needs to sit

Yeah, Ericsson has been much better this season, the past few weeks in particular. I honestly thought this was a joke thread, in the same way someone just made a thread "3 goal Howard"... Ericsson isn't a "great" defenseman by any stretch, but he's far from this team's biggest issue right now.
  28. Ericsson needs to sit

I have been watching. Did you see the game yesterday? Ken and Mik spent a good 2 minutes talking about Ericsson's improvement. Talking about how he wasn't very good the last few seasons but has done better so far. That's why it's kind of ironic you posted this thread right after a game where they were praising Ericsson. Anyways he won't sit. The org sees him in a different light than we do. He's a big guy that plays tough minutes against opponents he shouldn't be playing. The org still believes in having big stay at home type players surrounded by mobile defensemen. His likelihood of getting benched is probably one in one thousand.
  1. Load more activity