All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. amato

GO FISH!!!!

Let's change that whine to wine, wine, wine.
  3. Today
  4. krsmith17

Official 2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread

Red Wings have 5 players that must be signed to ELC's by June 1st, 5:00pm EST, or they lose their signing rights... Zach Gallant Brady Gilmore Lane Zablocki Cole Fraser Reilly Webb Will Yzerman sign any of these guys? None move the needle either way, but if any are signed I think it would be Gallant for depth in the minors... The rest will probably be let go...
  5. LeftWinger

GO FISH!!!!

Sadowy, Pope, Gallant, Fulcher.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Hockeymom1960

GO FISH!!!!

Oh brother with some of you. Whine, whine, whine.
  8. ChristopherReevesLegs

Holland set to become GM of Oilers

Definitely. Oil fans seem super happy about the hire too.
  9. kliq

This will be very interesting, Tippet was always known for having nothing special on his rosters, but getting the most out of them. Now he is coaching a team that has the elite of the elite talent wise, but arent performing. Very curious to see what he can do.
  10. ChristopherReevesLegs

Dave Tippet being reported as Oilers new HC, my twitter links aren't working this morning Interesting as Dave was in charge of operations for the new Seattle team and by all accounts was going to hire Holland as his GM. Now Holland is hiring him in Edmonton. These two must have got pretty familiar over the last year.
  11. ChristopherReevesLegs

Official 2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Out for the rest of the tourney but will be fine Whoops!
  12. ChristopherReevesLegs

GO FISH!!!!

And Wolfe went to mine!
  13. Gotta keep the faith in veleno man , been cautious with him but I’m hoping he proves me wrong and becomes a 2c , i haven’t seen too many ppl on the podkolzin wagon but in my head I’m thinking in 3 yrs .... bertuzzi larkin mantha zadina veleno podkolzin thats gotta be one of the best top 6 in the league in 5 years right ? Haha , as for AA I do think it’s a matter of time before he’s moved there just won’t be enough spots if these kids all start developing and god knows who else we get right? I’m high on beecher personally so if we somehow got him with our second pick we’d have Larkin veleno beecher for the future you would think 100% AA gets moved for a dman so I’m hoping he goes for another 25-35 goal season cause if we decide to trade him he would fetch us a high return just imagine on trade deadline day to a cup contending team?a kid who will be an rfa with big numbers can probably fetch us a top d prospect and a 1st? Then it also helps us be less better and land a lafraniere or Raymond , a top 5 pick in 2020 i just think sooner or later of it all progresses right we might have to move people like AA and svechnikov(still think he can be a 20- 25 goal guy time will tell) AA + svechnikov for bean and a 1st would be aces
  14. amato

GO FISH!!!!

oh snap, Spezia went to the same high school as me haha small world.
  15. This isn't the first time I've seen you mention this. I hope you're right. And like nyqitf mentioned, Yzerman may also have a good idea of where his head is at. Not that I think he's spoken to him directly, but I'm sure a lot of people deep in the hockey circles have a much better idea of what's going on with all of these players (pending free agents) than most of us average fans do. Trouba would be a HUGE add, and getting him for free (giving up no assets) would be massive for the rebuild. I agree. I'd prefer to wait and see what we have in Athanasiou and Veleno (I think Rasmussen is better suited as a winger), rather than give up the assets to acquire Nugent-Hopkins. However, you're way off on your stats. You're looking at his assist totals, not points. He's actually been a 55-65 point center for most of his career, aside from two down years (2015-2017). That's a high, high end 2C, which is what we would hope Veleno could become some day. I think he can, but I've been wrong before... EDIT: I would consider trading Athanasiou or Rasmussen in a package for Nugent-Hopkins, but not Mantha... But again, the price would likely be too high in any RNH trade scenario...
  16. On this subject; any news on Larkins ballsac arrest?
  17. Hey there. As active hockey european fan, I like that idea. Some points.. - when it´s organized by club, it sucks. Real proper atmosphere is there, when it´s fully managed by fans. No given balloons, clap hands or s*** like this. - I mean, they are also paying for it, it´s not for free, not paid by club. Actually, these choreos, flags, etc., this stuff is not very cheap and takes time and lot of effort to manage. Usually, these people organizing these things spent most of their free time with preparations etc., it´s nearly full-time hobby - which means, you need fans core, who will be maintaining these thing and these people, you won´t summon them by waving magic stick, in traditional clubs, this is nearly religious role. - in big arenas, even the best fans are not able to make proper atmosphere. Yes, you will find many highlight videos from Sweden, Switzerland etc., but if you will go there, you will find many games basically ´silent´ - which means - these big arenas with sofas, jumbotrons etc., this is killing atmosphere, because you need enormous effort to get on this level there. You will find, that the best atmosphere is on old fashioned stadions for couple thousand people. It´s very simple, sound conditions are way better. For example, stadium for 4-5k people need like 1000 active supporters to have some real level. You know, I can remember, last year I was to Milano, italian football fans are considered to be one of the best in Europe. Stadium was full, 60k fans. Most of them very loudy and active. But I was not able to hear them from the other side. - it brings many issues. As mentioned, real atmosphere should be out of club control. Which brings many issues - lot of drunk agressive retards, very vulgar chants etc. But that´s the price. Anyway, hools culture is in Europe mostly connected to football, not hockey. Modern hockey is spreading aroung the Europe, I don´t like it. I want to go to hockey match, have a beer, stand there in cold air, take some booze, go for a sausage. Have a good times with friends, chant as loud as it´s possible, see away sector crying. No stupid cheerleaders, mascots in retarded suits, no advices what can and what I can´t do from some green-suited iq60 simpleton.
  18. ChristopherReevesLegs

GO FISH!!!!

Always liked AJ Jenks when he played for the Whalers, too bad he couldn't cut out a career above the ECHL. Kinda disheartening to see Pope and Sadowy on the walleye. Both seemingly random Holland projects.
  19. ChristopherReevesLegs

Karlsson on the move?

Wouldn't you rather revive a thread than start a new one? There's so much rich history on LGW
  20. ChristopherReevesLegs

Official 2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Meh I may be in the minority on this one, but I think Karlsson will hold up fine. I wouldn't be afraid to sign him. In regards to Trouba, I'd rather gamble that he wants to hit UFA to decide his fate. It kinda seems like it'll it happen with this player. I aslo get the strong feeling he wants to be back in Michigan. Some old friends of mine knew him when he was in highschool in Rochester MI and always said he was super close with family and especially his mom. I have the feeling this kid has his eyes set on the Red Wings and returning home at some point in his career. Meh I don't really have any interest in RNH. I'd rather lean on AA/Veleno/Ras at C than trade for him. He didn't get more than 25 pts in the last 3 seasons not counting this one. This one he had 41. He's really not that good. Mantha is by far the better player. Lmao I forgot about this Yeah I want Byram, but not trading up level want. There's other good players out there if we dont get him. Let him hit FA, then sign him.
  21. Neomaxizoomdweebie

GO FISH!!!!

It's the minor league affiliate to the minor league affiliate, so yeah.
  22. Neomaxizoomdweebie

Karlsson on the move?

I dont even remember starting this thread.
  23. Jonas Mahonas

Karlsson on the move?

Yuk
  24. He wont be. Earmarked for Chi.
  25. Jonas Mahonas

GO FISH!!!!

Looks like this team is for guys going the wrong direction.
  26. Neomaxizoomdweebie

GO FISH!!!!

Yep. I noticed him collapse when he gave up the OT game winner
  27. I'm never really in favor of trading up in the draft, but especially in one that is as deep as this one. I want Byram, like pretty much every Red Wings fan, but I'd also be more than okay with any number of other high end prospects at 6. I say stay at 6, hope Byram somehow falls to us (the way our boy, Zadina did last year ), and if not, take the best center available. Cozens, Turcotte, Zegras or Dach...
  28. _SP_

GO FISH!!!!

Bet you noticed Nagle!!!! Sadowy is on the team too.
  1. Load more activity