All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Of the top tier prospect I'd prefer to lose Zadina, then Seider, then lastly Veleno. If a throw in is necessary I'd prefer it not be the same position as the main trade chip. So if you trade Seider, don't throw in a defenseman, if you trade Zadina don't throw in a winger, don't have to worry about it if you trade Veleno because we don't have any other decent centers. So while I'd still do the trade you listed above, I'd prefer it be Zadina + McIsaac/Lindstrom + 1st (conditional) OR Seider + Berggren + 1st (conditional). At the end of the day this is all just an intellectual exercise anyway. Tampa is in "win now" mode, they're not letting Point walk. I think they'd trade half their team rather than lose a core guy like him.
  3. I guess I am just gun shy. But I do believe (unless they take a 1 year hometown deal) both Marner and Point are getting $9M+. I trust Steve will do the right thing of course, and unlike Holland, he will not overpay for a player, so if he does acquire Point, I will trust he will pay what they are worth to him. I guess we have to start somewhere, and acquiring a potential 100 point player would be a huge step in the right rebuild direction. so, Zadina, Berggren, 2020 1st (Lottery protected to go to 2021) for Point?
  4. He's an RFA, he's not getting 9 or 10 million dollars. And while that team was an offensive juggernaut, it's just as likely that good players playing with other good players is a net positive for all involved. Kinda like how ALL of Mantha, Larkin, and Bertuzzi's numbers increased when they started playing together. It's just as likely that a fair portion of Kucherov's points can be attributed to playing with Point as well. I'd trade ANY of Zadina, Veleno, or Seider plus our 2020 1st (conditional to protect if it's a top 3-5 pick) for Point, and basically any of our mid-tier prospects or roster players as well.
  5. The only thing that makes me hesitate is he's only scored 90+ once, and that was on a team that totaled 62 wins and 128 points. Not saying he can't be a consistent 90+ point player, but his previous years were 66 and 40. I believe the team he played with had a ton to do with his 92 points. I feel that on most other teams he goes back down to 60-70 points, which, to me, lessens his trade value. But you're right, someone will pay up for him because of this one year (same with Marner,) I hope it's not Yzerman. I do not want to give up either of Zadina or Veleno OR our 2020 1st round pick, PLUS pay him $9M-$10M on the chance that he'll get 90-100 again playing with Larkin, AA and Mantha instead of Stamkos, Kucherov and Hedman. If it'll cost what you are saying, I'll pass.
  6. I said a TOP prospect. You're not getting a 23 year old, cost controlled, 90+ point center for cast aways. You're going to pay a premium, which means a 1st (which I hope Yzerman is smart enough to make conditional) and a top prospect (Zadina, Veleno, Seider).
  7. what about Rasmussen and a 2021 1st, maybe toss a Berggren in too?
  8. I think you'd have to give up a top prospect and a 1st at least. Probably Zadina or Veleno and a 2020 1st to get the conversation started, maybe a depth prospect on defense as well.
  9. Today
  10. rumor, but we are hearing our name alot in the Point trade rumors. What would you give up?
  11. For RFAs there is every reason to wait. Mantha and Bertuzzi will want to wait because both will get more money if they perform as good or better than they did a year ago. Wings' management will want to wait on AA because even though he had a breakout year last season it's hard to tell whether he's going to consistently perform at that level. Wait, see if he does it again, before giving him "30 goal scorer per year" money rather than "20 goal scorer per year" money.
  12. It's going to cost us when both Mantha and AA score 30 and net 50-60 points. But we'll have plenty of cap space to re-sign them. I agree, take care of you homegrown for sure. I hope neither gets traded, but if that #1 D becomes available, or maybe even a #1 RH'd sniper, I could see a deal being made.
  13. kipwinger

Zadina Says It

Not holding out hope for him either. He hasn't been able to win a starting job in college hockey, so he really hasn't played any significant minutes/amount of game. And he wasn't all that good when he did play. I suspect that's not too good for his (much needed) development. But I'm certainly not going to pretend I watch the kid play or anything. Just basing this on what I've read. Much more optimistic about Larsson and last year's crop of goalies.
  14. barabbas16

Zadina Says It

What are your thoughts on Petruzzelli?
  15. Wheelchairsuperhero

Zadina Says It

Nailed it. I don't think he's there yet defensively, but I also don't think he's as far off as some people are suggesting. Sometimes it just looked like the pace of the pro game surprised him, and he'd be a step behind in the play. I think that's going to resolve with seasoning. Agree, but I don't think It's because he's defensively inept, but rather an adjustment thing. Disagree. I probably watched a couple dozen or so Griffs games this year and while there's adjustments I hope he can make, I don't think It involves any of this. And defensive black hole is just a gross over-exaggeration imo.
  16. kipwinger

Zadina Says It

Sure, I'll get right on that. Hold your breath. You asked why I thought it was a disaster, I told you. Five out of ten prospects already out of your system after only two years is pretty bad. If the question now becomes "who would you have taken in the 5th round instead of X?" then I'd say your threshold for persuasion is absurdly high.
  17. Euro_Twins

Zadina Says It

Ok. So we still have a handful of guys that could be impact players from that draft? So it's not yet a bust. But you havent told me who they should have drafted instead. It was a weak class and we knew it going in to begin with. But please let us know all the gems we missed.
  18. Theres no particular reason to wait, in my opinion. Take care of your homegrown first.
  19. Buppy

Lufty Signed - 3 Yr ELC

He was actually good for the first half of 17-18. But I think that was the last bit of life he had left in him, and he's just been getting Weekend-at-Bernie'd around ever since. Gotta think pretty soon s***s gonna start falling off as he rots. I don't think we could get away with it.
  20. No, but typically RFAs would prefer to wait unless they think they can get a big payday already. They have no leverage now. Mantha and Bert in particular are probably optimistic about their ability to increase their value this season. I could see AA going for a deal this summer though, but in his case it may be Yzerman would want to see more before making a big commitment to him. There's no particular reason to rush anything anyway.
  21. Buppy

Official 2020 Offseason Rebuild Thread

Some people didn't want him in the first place. Some of us had doubts before he got here. Yes, he's only been here a few months. And in that time he reached with our two highest draft picks, then made two UFA signings of the exact variety people said Holland was so awful for making. You can tell yourself that this was the start of the Yzerman Era you've always dreamed of, but we all know it's not. And he was a GM in Tampa for 9 years, with the luxury of starting with Stamkos, Hedman, St.Louis, the 6th overall pick, and more. Enough to make it to the conference finals in year one. Regressed after that but added 3rd, 10th, and 19th overall picks from those years for the trouble. Had Johnson and Palat emerge 6 years ago, and Kucherov the year after, plus more draft finds after that.... And all he has to show for it is one loss in the Finals, one President's Trophy paired with an embarrassing first round sweep, and even missed the palyoffs one year because Stamkos got hurt. He's had as much success drafting as you could reasonably hope for, somehow even without any of his high picks being very good, yet hasn't won anything. Maybe he just hasn't had the luck you need in the playoffs. Or maybe he's just not that good at tweaking a team.
  22. Are there rules about when u can resign RFAs? Im wondering why Yzerman isnt getting deals for AA, Mantha, and Bert done this summer. Do we have to wait?
  23. kipwinger

Official 2020 Offseason Rebuild Thread

If ALMOST beating the Red Wings points record and then getting MAULED in the playoffs makes Yzeramn a superb GM then actually having the points record and losing in the Conference Finals makes Jim Devellano a god. Yzerman's Lightening team also missed the playoffs 3 out of his 9 years as GM and got bounced in the first round two other years despite having superstar talent in their primes. So yeah, sorry if I think his list of accomplishments is pretty thin.
  24. Jonas Mahonas

Lufty Signed - 3 Yr ELC

Would you take him back at 4 years, 2.5 mil per?
  25. Yesterday
  26. F.Michael

Former Red Wing, Greg Johnson, Dead at 48

Sad.
  27. LeftWinger

Seattle

way back, I suggested bringing back The Whalers! I hope they do!
  1. Load more activity