All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Pre-Season Games

We play our first pre-season game tonight in Boston, but apparently none of the first 3 games (all away) will be aired. The first game we'll be able to watch is this Saturday, the 23rd, also against Boston (first game ever at the LCA). Why in this day and age is there no broadcast for ALL pre-season games? Even if it was only available via stream, that would be fine. But to not allow fans to watch these games is a crime... Anyway, not that it really matters, but here's the lineup for tonight's game... Mantha - Larkin - Parenteau Bertuzzi - Sheahan - Glendening Witkowski - Rasmussen - Frk Nastasiuk - Turgeon - Shine / Elson Lashoff - Jensen Cholowski - McIlrath Sulak - Saarijarvi McCarron Mrazek Coreau
  4. https://t.co/fuefMedfYt

5. Met a Couple Red Wings Family Members

Way cool. Thx for the share.
  6. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

My Ken Holland senses say neither
  7. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

My heart says Svechbro. My head says Dahlin. "If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!" - Kierkegaard
  8. I'm at ID&C in Sarasota, FL https://t.co/GbllkSN07k

9. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

We could probably win without that scenario if Mantha, Larkin, Older Svech , Cholowski, Rasmussen, Mrazek all pan out.
  10. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

Here's a scenario... We finish just outside of the playoffs. We win the draft lottery despite having the worst odds of any team. We draft Rasmus Dahlin first overall. *Vegas* drafts Andrei Svechnikov second overall. Svech pulls a Lindros and refuses to play in Vegas. Demands a trade to Detroit. McPhee has to sell low and trades Svechnikov to Detroit for peanuts. Red Wings turn things around over night and win multiple Stanley Cups over the next 10 years. *wakes up*...
  11. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

Yeah, if we can get ourselves a 35-40 goal, 75-85 point producing winger, I'd be okay with that... The fact that he's Evgeny's brother would just add to the excitement. I'm sure the brothers would be thrilled to play on the same team as early as next season. Imagine Evgeny playing all season in Grand Rapids (I doubt he does), and then both of them make the team out of training camp next season... But like I said before, if we do get the number one pick, I think we'd have to take Dahlin. He looks to be the slightly better player, according to most scouts and analysts, he fills a much bigger need, and top end defensemen in general are just so much harder to acquire than top end wingers. Just give us two of them please...
  12. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

Agreed.
  13. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

I would do whatever possible to land Svech. You can't pass up brotherly chemistry on ice, not to mention Svech WANTS to play with his bro.
  14. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

Agreed. At this time, Dahlin and Svechnikov appear to be a notch or two (or three, or four...) above the rest of the draft class. And it's widely believed this is going to be a relatively deep draft class, so that's saying something. We do currently need a top-tier defenseman and a top-tier centerman very badly, but Dahlin and Svechnikov are both looking like franchise gamechangers. It's not necessarily a stretch to say Svechnikov projects as a bigger, meaner Tarasenko/Kucherov. Plus, he wants to be a Red Wing.
  15. RT @WYBEARSFOOTBALL: #WyandotteFootball Congratulations Coach George Filipiak! First Wyandotte Blue & Gold Awards Coach of the Year! #BFL h…

16. You've heard of Elf on a shelf, now get ready for... https://t.co/gjl1QyOxTg

17. Yesterday
  18. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

I have a feeling they will draft a winger or a defenseman next draft.
  19. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

I agree to an extent. There's no question center and defense remain to be our two biggest areas of weakness, and wing is by far our biggest area of strength. However, let's just say we end up drafting 2nd overall, and Dahlin is off the board. Assuming not much changes between now and then, I'd take Svechnikov (who looks to be far better than any of Tkatchuk, Veleno, Hughes, Merkley, etc) without hesitation. I know it's not easy to trade for a top line center or top pair defenseman, but that's the route I'd go if young Svechnikov ends up falling in our lap. I still maintain that trading for a young prospect with potential could be the way to go.
  20. Met a Couple Red Wings Family Members

That's pretty awesome!
  21. Hey everyone, just wanted to share I've had a fun summer Red Wings related. Today I met Budd Lynch's nephew. I have a Life Insurance License, every year to keep the license valid, we need to earn credits. I earn credit by attending a day of teaching at a conference center, and the teaching includes a free lunch. Today at lunch, one of my coworkers and I had Lynch's nephew come up to us and ask if he could sit with us, because he didn't know anyone. We do the typical intros, "Nice to meet you", and small talk. There was a TV in the lunch room, and it had sports on. They were showing the Leafs training camp, so I said, "I'm not a fan, but I think the Leafs are going to have a good year". Lynch's nephew agreed, and said he not a Leafs fan either. I said, "I'm a Wings fan", and he said he is too. I told him, "I have family in Windsor, so I grew up going to Tigers and Wings games". Lynch's nephew said, "My Uncle worked with the Red Wings. He did different jobs, then play-by-play, and was the PA Announcer." My jaw dropped and I said, "Wait a minute, your Uncle is Budd Lynch?". Anyway, it was a fun conversation talking about Budd, Ted Lindsay, Gordie, Joe Louis Arena, the current Red Wings team, and more. I asked Budd's nephew when Budd started play-by-play (I forgot off hand), when he said 1949 I went, "He saw it all! That's when everything started". Add to that, in July I met Bob Probert's oldest daughter, she works at a restaurant owned by family on my Uncle's side. We were sitting down waiting to order, and my Aunt goes, "Oh, Probert's daughter works here, there she is over there". I said, "Really? I want to ask her about her Dad then, but how could I bring it up?". My Aunt says, "I'll ask her how the Bikers Fundraiser went, then you can say something". Anyway, my Aunt asks Probert's daughter about the fundraiser, so I said, "Yeah, my Aunt says you work here. I can see the family resemblance" (she does look like her dad). I added, "I remember your Dad, he was a great player. I remember when him and Joey Kocur where the 'Bruise Brothers'". Probie's daughter said, "Oh Joey Kocur, he's so nice". Leaving I said to her, "I'm going to brag to my friends I met one of Probert's daughters. Maybe you get that a lot?" She said, "Sometimes". Cool huh?
  22. Debrincat-Schmaltz-Kane. So many filthy mitts on that line. Patrick Kane finally has playmakers on his line. Good luck gettin the puck ????

23. Wonder what the odds are for the 1st overall...

I don't care where we draft. If we don't take a center with #1 upside, or a defenseman with the same, then we're not one iota better. Those have been our two most glaring issues for about 10 drafts now, and remain that way still.
  24. Will Tyler Bertuzzi Make the Team Out of Camp?

Both. He had an infuriating talent for being on the point on the power play, firing a shot that would have made original trilogy Imperial Stormtroopers seem like Chris Kyle by comparison, then watching the opposing team skate by him unhindered to score a shorthanded goal. He did it frequently on even strength as well, though it wasn't always a goal it was definitely a quality chance. Regarding Bertuzzi, I think he could be an "x-factor" 4th liner - grinder, agitator, but with a surprising pair of hands that makes him a legit threat to score if he takes the puck.
  25. RT @JuddLegum: ???????? The GOP’s on the verge of passing a bill that will phase out Medicaid ENTIRELY ???????? https://t.co/fZydaQnwqI

26. If you have the Stitcher app, you can find us here and subscribe. https://t.co/uAUgJhhNiI

27. DRW Training Camp 2017

So Holmstrom appears to be having a great camp? Is he starting in GR this year?
  28. DRW Training Camp 2017

Vets will all bounce back ,play like they're 29 and healthy, and the team will win the Cup. At least that's what Kenny hopes
  1. Load more activity