All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ChristopherReevesLegs

Grade The Offseason 2019: Yzerman's Opening Moves

I think you're losing sight on what the motivation of the trade was. For the Leafs, It was dumping cap. The price for doing that was giving away their first, not obtaining a throw in 6th. I'd much rather send that 1st to Carolina than Detroit in Dubas's shoes. The throw in pick is an after thought formality. Rivalry aside. You don't as a general rule wanna strengthen your divisional adversaries. Giving a 1st round pick to a divisional adversary in exchange for cap space. In fact I think it would have been much smarter for Dubas to send his 1st West, but maybe he didn't have a dance partner IDK.
  3. Today
  4. Yesterday
  5. Jonas Mahonas

2019-20 Prospects Thread

He is set to begin workouts with Hronek and Zadina tomorrow.
  6. ely s

2019-20 Prospects Thread

I read an article which said Seider wants to get acclimatised and work out and train with Red wings players, so my guess is that he starts training on monday. does anyone here have some sort of insider who knows where and with whom he´s training?
  7. MabusIncarnate

Reddit red wings thread

I stumbled on it recently, and one of the first threads I found on the Red Wings reddit was something along the lines of "Have you ever used letsgowings.com?" and I felt obligated to reply. It is good for up to the minute news and developments, i'll give it that. I'm not huge on reddit as a platform in general though, i'm just now looking into it a bit more.
  8. Dabura

Wings acquire Adam Erne from Tampa

This has been a really, really long offseason and it isn't even over yet.
  9. xault

Reddit red wings thread

I'd rather not. Reddit great for many things, but I come to LGW for the sense of community feeling reddit just doesn't have.
  10. Buppy

New Assistant Coach, Adam Nightingale?

He's been "Assistant Coach/Video" here for two years. Not sure what makes it "out of the box".
  11. F.Michael

News From Around the NHL

I too am a big fan of New Balance - however the ones I'm currently wearing here at work are made in Indonesia Recently bought some Under Armour shoes (wife convinced me to try them)...I'm pleasantly surprised how good they are.
  12. LeftWinger

so, 3 of the 4 coaches are Michigan Native. Doug Houda drafted by and played for Red Wings. The local ties run deep in this organization.
  13. LeftWinger

News From Around the NHL

that would be pretty cool!
  14. mackel

Son of Florence?
  15. mackel

News From Around the NHL

Were all players required to wear a Jersey with the US flag? Or was their country used in their numbers?
  16. Last week
  17. LeftWinger

News From Around the NHL

yes, but just in case you didn't understand, I was referring to Nike halting production of the Betsy Ross Flag shoe.
  18. LeftWinger

Can't say I've ever heard of him, but surely an out of the box move! https://mihockey.com/2019/08/adam-nightingale-promoted-to-assistant-coach-with-red-wings/
  19. Michaelbug

Ray Sheppard traded for $1

What I am taking from this trade week is the number of mature age rookies that have already been picked up, if they have been taking before the national/pre-season/rookie drafts and a club has gone to the effort to trade for them then they be filling a required role and/or have serious potential.
  20. kliq

Reddit red wings thread

21. Buppy

If, on the day Yzerman was hired, someone had predicted this off-season exactly, everyone would have said there was no chance of any of it and the person would have been labeled a troll. Yet 40% gave him an A or a B.
  22. mackel

Complaining about moves that we're made when we don't even know if we were in conversations is rose colored hindsight.
  23. nyqvististhefuture

Well I don’t know if it’s a gift if we’re offering the better deal ? ... they got a 6th from the canes , I’d we were willing to say you know what take our 3rd rounder you think Dubas wouldn’t do it? and at the moment there isn’t much of a rival going on and like you said drafts are a roll of the dice so even if we get the 27th pick let’s say it doesn’t mean we can land a top guy so I think they’d have made the deal with us Yes I agree it takes years before we can see what happens with any teams picks but for me personally I like to swing for the fences , sure someone like grewe will probably be an Nhler and we’ll probably like him a lot but I like to go for the first line guys and go for it I like seider as well I’d just have preferred to have moved AA in a deal to get him and have podkolzin in a dream scenario , I think he’ll be a player for us but at 6 we need him to be really good not just a decent #3-4 who can put up 25 pts cause in my eyes I can already see podkolzin and Petersson tearing up the league together on the same line but anyways as you said it’s all a waiting game now
  24. Jonas Mahonas

News From Around the NHL

I didnt know this. I will switch going forward.
  25. ely s

2019-20 Prospects Thread

he left Germany on Wednesday, so as long he didn´t go by boat, he should be in Detroit by now.
  26. krsmith17

I agree. Bit much...
  27. ChristopherReevesLegs

We got Erne for a 4th. Erne was drafted in the 2nd and has shown potential in the NHL... so basically a young 3rd liner for a draft pick that has like a 10% chance of ever becoming an NHL player. No reason to be disgruntled about this deal. A 2nd round player for a 4th round pick... who Yzerman demonstrably wants. Good deal. I like. If Svechnikov can't make the team cause Erne is there then Svech can eat s*** and die for all I care.
  28. ChristopherReevesLegs

News From Around the NHL

As much as I love shoes made by Chinese and Vietnamese slave children, I'm a New Balance guy. Made in America baby. Crazy how you can still make goods in the U.S. if you're not taking 95% margins....
  29. ChristopherReevesLegs

I mean your asking TORONTO to gift DETROIT on the Marleau deal. I don't expect divisional adversaries to make those kind of deals. Especially between long standing rivals like TOR and DET. Drafts are dice rolls. It's take a half decade before we can have any sort of meaningful discussion about it. But I like our biggest reach in Seider... which is a pretty uplifting thought when you think about it.
  1. Load more activity