All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Scott R Lucidi

Toronto vs. Boston

Carolina is exceedingly annoying at this. They just constantly slam their sticks down on the sticks of their opponents. You can hear it the entire f v cking game. The problem with the Red Wings is that the GM and coach are too dumb to have a plan for this type of team that differs from the plan against Columbus. They enter every single game doing the exact same thing. When you play teams that are hard on the forecheck and constantly slash and hook, you have to bring a 2 bangers into the game and have them wreck shop for the first 10 minutes. Once the other teams know that the bowling balls are coming, they tend to get a little more focused on not getting smashed. That helps them to UNfocus on slashing gloves/sticks, and grabbing jerseys. The Red Wings don't understand the knife to a gun fight thing. It's frustrating.
  3. Scott R Lucidi

Rumors Thread

Kane was spotted getting shown a 4.25 million dollar house over off Long Lake Rd today. Hmmmmm
  4. LeftWinger

Patrick Kane IS a Detroit Red Wing

If there's a fit he'll be back. I hope they find a fit.
  5. LeftWinger

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Legend!
  6. Jimmybigrigs69

Utah... Yetis?

Youre joking but this is exactly how corporate teams are these days. Like Karaken rum being anncounced as the official drink/liquor of the Seattle team b4 they even announced the name.
  7. Jimmybigrigs69

Yeah hes French Dan Cleary. Daviel Clearron.
  8. AtlantaHotWings

Toronto vs. Boston

I have to agree with you despite the pain in doing so(still smarting over my potential divorce with Kane) I think the Bruins have a very strong leader in Marchand who learned with Bergeron like we used to have here. I am guessing if you step out of line he isn't afraid to correct your course. Yzerguy for 20 years taught what it was to be a Wing. Who would dare not give full effort when you watched him play through injuries etc. You were corrected if you didn't do it the "Red Wing Way" to Nick for 6 years team still strong still same culture to Hank for 6 years team starting to tilt down and not a lot of young blood coming in to learn the "Red Wing Way" imports(FA) more than folks driving down 96 from GR. to Larkin for the last 4 years team in garbage can needing to relearn the way hence the Perons/Kanes etc to mentor Larkin and teach the young ones coming up Has Larkin become a Marchand kind of presence now? He has had a glimpse on what is needed can he force the team to comply? He seemed IMHO to grow this year. We also had Scotty and Babs who both didn't give AF about being your buddy call it old school. Versus Blash and Festers which seem to be wanting to be buddies new school.
  9. Axl Foley

Utah... Yetis?

Utah Mammoth And this will be the new prize awarded to the Playoff Winners
  10. 13dangledangle

I remember this. I’m definitely not opposed to bringing back Perron on a hopefully cheapish hit. He’s one of our most consistently vocal players apparently!
  11. Jimmybigrigs69

Toronto vs. Boston

This exactly why I think we should take a step back, let Ghost and Kane go, and reload with youngsters. We want to build a Bruins team, and not a Leafs team that thinks they can spend their way to a cup. Bruins did it the right way, and despite every year folks saying "Bruins are about to collapse" here they are again. Because they built that culture and their young guys and UFAs are forced to buy into that culture. Leafs never accomplished or built anything besides drafting a few top guys then immedately trying to spend their way to the top. No one on that team has been there or done that and it shows. And thats exactly why we shouldnt knee jerk mortgage the future to push for a playoff run next year. Stay the course. Trust the plan.
  12. Jimmybigrigs69

We still have Perron. There was that interview with Newsy awhile back, sometime around our first skid, where Newsy said Perron stood up in the room and said OKAY, WERE GETTING 18 OF OUR NEXT 20 PTS, and Newsy said he was all like "David, lets keep it realistic" but then they went out and did exactly as Perron had declared they would. Thats why I want to at least keep Perron another season.
  13. Mckinley25

Toronto vs. Boston

I haven’t watched many games this year, but I caught the last half of game 2, and I was impressed with the stick checking effort and effectiveness by the Bruins. Those of you that watch regularly, are any other teams succeeding in this area as well as Boston? The team seems to be bought in. I think it’s fair to recognize this as a distinction between talent and coaching.
  14. 13dangledangle

I think what I'll miss most about Kaner is that swagger he brought, Yzerman touched on it lightly. It was a swagger like "ya we got this" and it was so refreshing for this group who had struggled so much, especially with confidence....THAT being said despite Kane our confidence crumbled and we missed the playoffs because of that blunder so lol I still hope he comes back but it's starting to seem like you are correct and he's as good as gone.
  15. Akakabuto

Toronto vs. Boston

The laffs have been doomed since when Dubas took over.
  16. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

Dahlin, Pettersson, and Zabinejad are okay I guess. Id like to see us continue to exploit the growing Austro-German market instead. Seider, Kasper, Bicker... this is where the future draft steals will be had.
  17. Jimmybigrigs69

Yeah Yzerman is done "outscoring our problems". Subtracting Kane and Ghost is subtracting the two players who only want to play the offensive side of the puck. Its also probably about 10 million off our books. Burgers and Edvinsson taking their spots is the long term internal growth we want to push for.
  18. kipwinger

Down the stretch it seemed like every game we'd get pinned in our zone and we'd be chasing the puck and scrambling and it was Kane's line on the ice every single time. The dude's a detriment at even strength and while I had a lot of fun watching him I'm happy if he's moving on. I don't expect him to play "defense" per se, but he doesn't even try to win puck battles and that can't happen in the top six.
  19. AtlantaHotWings

Toronto vs. Boston

Marchand is delivering He is drilling anything on the ice not a Bruin which is inspiring the team to do the same. He is doing the normal Marchand activities to throw you off your game Involved with Bert on the winning goal in which was borderline penalty time Dug in at end when he missed the open net. Came out with puck for the slam dunk on the empty net. If you were paying attention that very nice looking older lady behind on the glass was flipping him off. Thats when you KNOW you are under EVERYONE'S skin when old ladies are shooting ya the bird. I think Marchand is stealing Toronto's soul and they are doomed
  20. AtlantaHotWings

2024 Offseason Thread

I would be happy with this roster going into the playoffs...or worlds
  21. stephen-gregory-yzerman

2024 Offseason Thread

Forsberg-Pettersson-Nylander Bratt-Zibanejad-Lindholm Kempe-Karlsson-Raymond Nyquist-Eriksson-Ek-Arvidsson Olofsson/Rakell Hedman-Karlsson Dahlin-Andersson Lindholm-Ekholm Forsling Ullmark Markstrom Side note anyone notice Nyquist just had a career year 75pts at 34 years old?
  22. I found the osteoporosis essay on https://www.nursingpaper.com/examples/osteoporosis-essay/ while preparing for my clinical rotations in orthopedics. The detailed exploration of bone density loss, diagnostic criteria, and patient education strategies was exactly what I needed to prepare. This essay helped me to actively engage with patients, providing them with informed advice and care plans. For students seeking a thorough understanding of osteoporosis, this paper is a must-read.
  23. Akakabuto

2024 Offseason Thread

C’mon, you want that swedish depth. You need that swedish depth.
  24. Scott R Lucidi

Toronto vs. Boston

Oof. That one stings.
  25. Yesterday
  26. Scott R Lucidi

2024 Offseason Thread

What about Borje Salming?
  27. Jimmybigrigs69

2024 Offseason Thread

Sweden has completely fallen off since then. Name one good swede in this league now. Hedman? Thats basically it. There isnt even a single swede projected to go in the first round this year. For petes sake theres a Norwegian that will be going in the first!
  1. Load more activity