All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. krsmith17

2019-20 Prospects Thread

This is one thing I'll never agree with. Character is important, but never over talent. Fortunately, I believe Seider has the talent / skill to go along with the character / work ethic.
  4. ely s

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Character above talent, that is the philosophy the coach and the GM of Adler Mannheim have and they really like him. Seider had won Yzerman over during his draft interview with him. it took more than 40 minutes which was more than double the average time of his interviews with the other teams. I´m not sure, but I believe Yzerman would have picked Seider even if Byram would have been available. He has a real strong character, will and a lot of confidence not bigheaded and very humble. Yesterday I read in his hometown paper that he has the mindset to make detroit, so fingers crossed. I haven´t found it yet, but probably someone here can get the footage of the GER-USA game in Mannheim before the WC. There you can see how he does against NHL competition and make up your mind.
  5. ely s

Wings acquire Adam Erne from Tampa

I kind of like the waiting period to a certain degree. Erne for example, at first I thought why another lh foward? but because we all have so much time you get quite a lot of information about a player I didn´t know that well tbh. now it all makes more sense to me and I can start remodeling my thoughts. Through all the waiting people start digging for information, which gives us all more background information about players and prospects. information we wouldn´t look for during the season. Our overall "knowledge" about our players in the organisation gives us opportunity to discuss and the standard of discussion in this forum is very likeable.
  6. ChristopherReevesLegs

2019-20 Prospects Thread

One of the reasons I'm excited about Seider is I read the scouting reports and liked him, watched the footage I could find and liked him, then Yzerman drafted him high which felt extremely validating, but then, and this is this important part, I watched his interviews. The kid is gregarious and has a strong character. He was very comfortable in the spotlight despite feigning that he was nervous. The most I've seen of this from an 18 year old foreign born player maybe ever. That was the cherry on the top. Kids gonna kill. Hope he starts this year.
  7. ChristopherReevesLegs

Reddit red wings thread

I still use reddit a lot. I don't normally post there, but it's still a great social aggregation website. Like facebook or any social site, they went through the period of being lawless and edgy and everyone migrated there. But, like facebook and all sites, once the user base got huge they started to try find ways to monetize and become safer for advertisers. That meant reeling in all the things that made them popular to begin with. That started like 4 or 5 years ago now. I'd say they're on their death spiral, but if you only use r/hockey or r/detroitredwings it's great for new updates if you don't wanna comb twitter.
  8. ChristopherReevesLegs

I so much want to checkout during the summer, but I think this site will die if any of us did that. And this is why we must over-analyze all summer and start flame wars, for the good of the forum...
  9. ChristopherReevesLegs

New Assistant Coach, Adam Nightingale?

Yeah I posted this in another thread. I assumed bc we hired a new video coach and nightingale was still on staff that he had been promoted. Yzerman or Blashill must like him enough at least for now. I still think Yzerman may fire Blashill in the next two years and overhaul the coaching staff, and this is just a holding pattern.
  10. ChristopherReevesLegs

News From Around the NHL

This one? Not really my style, but the flag on the back is kinda tight. I'd honestly prefer it with 50 stars, but yeah the shutdown of this shoe because of the flag is beyond moronic. Lets not even get started. No, like I said I don't think this was ever a game worn jersey. Just a one-off for the fans. I've always liked coloring the number personally, gives a jersey some subtle pop. You're right that would be pretty sweet actually. Some flags might be harder to do thou. Bummer, they probably only make certain models here. I've got a "shoe guy" who hooks me up at cost on other brands, so I don't buy New Balance anymore. But fun story, I called this guy right after the China Tariffs were announced to pick his brain on how they were gonna deal with the tariffs (all their shoes are made in China). He says "all of our business will be moved to Vietnam within the week". So do tariffs work? Eh probably not, big companies will just move to the next cheapest country. But I do think the sanctions are puttin' the hurt on China more than anyone realizes. Sorry I've gone way off track.
  11. ChristopherReevesLegs

Grade The Offseason 2019: Yzerman's Opening Moves

I think you're losing sight on what the motivation of the trade was. For the Leafs, It was dumping cap. The price for doing that was giving away their first, not obtaining a throw in 6th. I'd much rather send that 1st to Carolina than Detroit in Dubas's shoes. The throw in pick is an after thought formality. Rivalry aside. You don't as a general rule wanna strengthen your divisional adversaries. Giving a 1st round pick to a divisional adversary in exchange for cap space. In fact I think it would have been much smarter for Dubas to send his 1st West, but maybe he didn't have a dance partner IDK.
  12. Yesterday
  13. Jonas Mahonas

2019-20 Prospects Thread

He is set to begin workouts with Hronek and Zadina tomorrow.
  14. ely s

2019-20 Prospects Thread

I read an article which said Seider wants to get acclimatised and work out and train with Red wings players, so my guess is that he starts training on monday. does anyone here have some sort of insider who knows where and with whom he´s training?
  15. MabusIncarnate

Reddit red wings thread

I stumbled on it recently, and one of the first threads I found on the Red Wings reddit was something along the lines of "Have you ever used letsgowings.com?" and I felt obligated to reply. It is good for up to the minute news and developments, i'll give it that. I'm not huge on reddit as a platform in general though, i'm just now looking into it a bit more.
  16. Dabura

This has been a really, really long offseason and it isn't even over yet.
  17. xault

Reddit red wings thread

I'd rather not. Reddit great for many things, but I come to LGW for the sense of community feeling reddit just doesn't have.
  18. Buppy

He's been "Assistant Coach/Video" here for two years. Not sure what makes it "out of the box".
  19. F.Michael

News From Around the NHL

I too am a big fan of New Balance - however the ones I'm currently wearing here at work are made in Indonesia Recently bought some Under Armour shoes (wife convinced me to try them)...I'm pleasantly surprised how good they are.
  20. LeftWinger

so, 3 of the 4 coaches are Michigan Native. Doug Houda drafted by and played for Red Wings. The local ties run deep in this organization.
  21. LeftWinger

News From Around the NHL

that would be pretty cool!
  22. mackel

Son of Florence?
  23. mackel

News From Around the NHL

Were all players required to wear a Jersey with the US flag? Or was their country used in their numbers?
  24. Last week
  25. LeftWinger

News From Around the NHL

yes, but just in case you didn't understand, I was referring to Nike halting production of the Betsy Ross Flag shoe.
  26. LeftWinger

Can't say I've ever heard of him, but surely an out of the box move! https://mihockey.com/2019/08/adam-nightingale-promoted-to-assistant-coach-with-red-wings/
  27. Michaelbug

Ray Sheppard traded for $1

What I am taking from this trade week is the number of mature age rookies that have already been picked up, if they have been taking before the national/pre-season/rookie drafts and a club has gone to the effort to trade for them then they be filling a required role and/or have serious potential.
  28. kliq

Reddit red wings thread

29. Buppy

Grade The Offseason 2019: Yzerman's Opening Moves

If, on the day Yzerman was hired, someone had predicted this off-season exactly, everyone would have said there was no chance of any of it and the person would have been labeled a troll. Yet 40% gave him an A or a B.
  1. Load more activity