All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Rumors Thread

Rumor has it Pittsburgh is going to try and trade Kessell…
  3. Today
  4. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Nothing embarrasses me. I'll explain it one more time... pretend there is a Ken Holland Manual on how to conduct off season business. He has been using it (doing much of the same thing every off season for how long now?) to conduct his approach to the off season every season. Page 1 of the manual usually starts off by ( I left this out) being in the running for and then losing out on a highly touted NCAA player and then it's usually followed by signing a virtually unknown player from wherever, doesn't matter the position, he usually does this. You can look over the last 5+ years and see this to be true. Usually that player is touted as to having a chance to be in Detroit and is said that he'll make it so there is more competition to make the 1 or 2 spots available, but never usually makes it and splits after the contract is up. Also, I left out the introduction where Holland ALWAYS says we need to change the makeup of the team, get bigger, get more sandpaper and get harder to play against. This is where we are at now, reading the same introduction and the same page 1. I had said, if after hearing what Holland had to say AGAIN about changes, then he goes and does the same stuff as the previous years, we'll be on the same page 2, because instead of doing what he says and taking risks, making bold moves, he would've just reverted back to his manual and played it the same way he always has. I expect big things from him starting now, especially since he was given (another) two years and wants to rebuild this team towards its former glory. Going by the same book, status quo, is not rebuilding, so far (even though it is good to sign depth players, I get it) he has done the same thing he does each year. Now maybe the new Holland Manual has the same couple of few pages and then he'll make the bold changes needed, that is fine, but when I said it may be scary, I meant if we all get excited about new changes, new types of players, more kids on the big club, but then he just defaults back to the same old Holland, like he is re-reading the same old book or manual, it will suck and we'll all be pissed off and lose even more interest in this team. Look, signing UFA players is good, to fill your 50 man roster, I didn't bash the Rybar signing whatsoever, I just simply said, so far, he has followed the same order of his business as usual manual, and hoped he started writing new pages to it soon or it could get scary and we would all be angry again. Now, lets get this draft here and see which direction he will go! I prefer the Bouchard/Dobson type, but if Hughes is drafted, it would not be a bad thing, we are in dire need of BOTH types of d-men. I just think we need a Bouchard type more desperately than the Hughes type first. Besides: met·a·phor ˈmedəˌfôr,ˈmedəˌfər/ noun A metaphor is a figure of speech that describes an object or action in a way that isn't literally true, but helps explain an idea or make a comparison. They sure do spell things oddly where you come from...
  5. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Nope, I've never been a beat writer for the Tigers. Not even much of a baseball fan to be honest... You must be thinking of that other guy, I think his name is Pat Caputo or something...
  6. He's no insider or anything, but like Buppy said he hosts a weekly show called Inside Hockey Town on 97.1 with Ken Kal. He's been a writer/radio personality in the Detroit Area for years. More of a baseball guy I think as I'm pretty sure you used to be a beat writer for the Tigers. I dont take what he says as anything special, just found it interesting. I actually not a huge fan of his, but he's not some schmuck.
  7. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Haha my ban has been lifted! After literally a decade (although previously it wasn't set to end til 8/10/29). Judging by the # of posts here wondering if it's cause of lack of posters.
  8. 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

I have tickets to game 1 for the finals! Wow. This city is just hockey nuts right now. The public practice today ended before everyone in line to see it made it in. A few things will determine this series. If Vegas continues to take unnecessary penalties Ovi will fry them on the powerplay. If Washington doesnt play every game in the finals like the way they played the last 2, Vegas will smash them. The Vegas forecheck and their ability to answer is almost uncanny.
  9. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

https://wingsnation.com/2018/05/23/red-wings-not-signing-jordan-sambrook/
  10. Rumors Thread

11. 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

One of these is wrong. Doesn't it bother anyone that "capitals" is in all lower case letters?
  12. Trading the Beard

They could use it under their jock straps.
  13. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Which means we're taking Bouchard.
  14. Trading the Beard

We can probably get a good return if we move the beard to Pittsburgh or Chicago. Crosby and Toews both need one to play with.
  15. Trading the Beard

So an Amish guy with a smart phone and taking a picture of himself? Is this what a metaphor is? So are we discussing trading the beard or Z? I agree with you the beard would get a solid return. I just wouldn't trade Z.
  16. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

It's spelled "M-E-T-A-F-O-R"
  17. Trading the Beard

I also call you FIAB.
  18. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Sambrook is meh. Can we still sign McKee?
  19. Trading the Beard

How does playing a veteran of Zetterberg's calibre help develop younger players? Seriously? Dude, I know you're not really this dumb... One of the best two way centers of his generation, absolute warrior / work horse on and off the ice... What can the kids learn from him? Larkin definitely hasn't learned anything, and Rasmussen definitely wouldn't either... I'm done now. My brain hurts...
  20. Yesterday
  21. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Yeah, I would have liked to see him given an opportunity. I was pretty hopeful that he'd develop into a steady 3rd pairing guy for the Wings some day. He had a good draft +1 year, but kind of plateaued, maybe even regressed a little last year. Still would have preferred to see him get a shot in Grand Rapids over Lashoff, Renouf or McIlrath. He can still be signed before June 1st can't he? I guess not... That's unfortunate. Yeah, he did regress. I still think his play in junior should have warranted a shot in GR. His ceiling was always likely a 3rd pairing guy though, and we already have a log jam there. I was always rooting for the kid, because of the Draper story, but I guess it wasn't meant to be... Oh well...
  22. @SurvivorReRe hey how are you

23. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

Obviously I did, bc i responded "soooo signing players? Thats what sports teams do..." You never addressed it after that. Figured you were too embarassed by that point to explain any further, but ill listen now if you care to continue. You havent explained anything so far, you just keep telling everyone they dont get it lol
  24. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

I feel I explained it enough. You obviously didn't read where I said it had nothing to do with position or nationality. But ya, since you apparently don't get it, we'll drop it. Besides you guys brought it back up after the Lindstrom signing. Not me... We'll address it again mid summer.
  25. Official 2018 Off Season *Rebuild* Thread

No I really dont understand ur metaphor. You used it to try and explain that a young depth goalie on an ELC somehow means were not rebuilding, which makes no sense at all. So maybe you should either explain ur metaphor in detail or drop it altogether. Just a thought. You havent explained what "same ol stuff" is either. I have a feeling you dont know what it is lol
  26. Trading the Beard

I'm honored but for me, you're not even an appetizer.
  27. Trading the Beard

In reality, none of those teams need Z.
  1. Load more activity