All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Rumors Thread

Surely Green will fetch more than this?
  3. @chaps80 still drooling over Mrazek? It’s over bro. He doesn’t care about you and he’s not your Red Wing anymore. It is a stupid thing. It’s also immature.
  4. I'm glad to see a few people on here realizing that completely avoidable circumstances could have stopped the Mrazek/management downward spiral awhile back, and that Holland made a stupid choice that may make him look like a fool. "Money, work ethic, attitude, blah blah," had he aggressively shopped Howard and retained salary to get him outta town. Maybe Jimmy cried in Holland's off ice saying he wanted one more chance. Who knows. Either way, dumb. The Cujo thing sucked for sure. He was also treated like s*** by Holland. One of the top 5 NHL goalies of his era playing in GR. f*** me. And he still makes Holland look stupid. Making the ECF, something the Wings and Holland's prized Jimmy havent done since 2009, without a spectacular roster in front of him would just show he screwed up. But yay, 2nd rounder! Mrazek wouldn't re-sign here unless he's desperate. He'd probably say "Show me $4 million" and hang up the phone.
  5. Today
  6. It's not a stupid thing. Some goalies don't like their predecessor around when they've won his starting job. It's a distraction. Some don't care, some do. if your committed to that guy, you do whatever it takes to fix that situation so he can move on. He was always the top guy everywhere he played, and wanted that in Detroit. Some forget, goalies are creatures of some VERY weird habits that can throw their game off if not completed or addressed. Holland could have ate salary and moved Howard out, but wouldnt budge on it. Hextall couldnt start a game without touching each face off dot in his zone and then at center ice. Even got into a fight over it when one team in the playoffs tried to block the center dot so he couldnt touch it. Habits and confidence you are THE top guy. Can be absolutely critical to his success.
  7. Rumors Thread

Just some tidbits to help speculation!
  8. Rumors Thread

Because Green is injured and there are more sellers than buyers
  9. Rumors Thread

Here's what Khan had to say about it... "Mike Green could end up missing the final six games before the trade deadline due to injury. Maybe it won't damage his trade value, but it certainly doesn't help. It is not considered serious. Green has participated in two full practices since then, including Friday. But it could give pause to potential suitors, including the Lightning."
  10. Rumors Thread

it has to be just precautionary for the deadline. He probably tweaked something and they aren't taking ANY chances on losing that 4th and 5th round pick in 2099!
  11. Rumors Thread

Green will miss his 5th straight game tonight. This worries me. We all hope it's precautionary, but what if it's not? I heard it was a neck injury? Any word on the severity?
  12. Rumors Thread

Here is a snipit from Eklunds page...ya, ya its Eklund, but we have to have some rumors to talk about!
  13. Rumors Thread

14. Rumors Thread

This will be yet another disaster. Green will net a 3rd at this point
  15. Rumors Thread

I hope Holland has some crazy s*** up his sleeve too, this trade was whacky! Come On Kenny, kick those tires all the way back to Akron!
  16. Rumors Thread

Absolutely not, but it would be nice to trade about 4 more players for more picks/prospects, but if we don't, meh...I'm sure we'll hear all the one liners why we didn't even trade 2 more.
  17. Rumors Thread

Do you really want the Sens to be the standard of how a trade deadline to be handled?
  18. Rumors Thread

We are all getting hopeful for Monday, but I have a feeling this will be Holland and his staff come 3PM
  19. Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Howard is not better than Mrazek. They both have their inconsistencies. Actually Howard is consistent, consistent at sucking after the All-Star break. Its just he is grossly overpaid and has another year on his contract so it would've been harder to trade. Plus Petr pissed in Holland's Wal-Mart brand Oatsie Rings so he was getting the ax before Jimmy anyhow. I still hope that Howard is gone before next year as well! Not unless the plan is, Petr steps it up, takes Philly to the ECF, we get the 2nd and the 2019 pick, Hextall doesn't qualify him, we dump Jimmy for a couple of pieces of burnt bacon, then sign Mrazek to a nice deal.....no?
  20. Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

I'm thinking it were that obvious that he was doing so, it would be illegal per CBA and NHL Rules. That is almost like circumventing the Cap in order to screw other teams. First of all, I am not sure if there is even a "cutting" process with the CB Rules and contracts. I guess he could waive him, but that would still be a glaring circumvention of the trade agreement and probably would be a hefty fine involved, maybe even trading privileges revoke for a period of time. Plus not only would Hextall screw his relationship with Holland, there are 29 other GM's that would take notice of that act and also refrain from dealing with him. If there are actual "fans" saying they actually think he would do that, then they don't know crap about the business aspect of sports and probably barely anything about the sport itself. These are the fans that get up and scream at the TV when the plays goes offside asking WTF did they blow the whistle for!?!?! ...will we draft a LH'd or RH'd Pitcher or go with a Short Stop?
  21. Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Come on Petr 4 more wins and Philly makes the playoffs and we get Phillies 2018 3rd make it to the Eastern Conference Finals and win 6 playoff games and we get their 2018 2nd instead.
  22. Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

Howard being better than Mrazek seems to be a theme on this board but I just don't see it. Howard is horrid and is the goalie that should have been given away.
  23. It's kind of nice that people here in Florida so willingly identify themselves as assholes and racist pieces of shi… https://t.co/jJDcuItXJV

24. Karlsson on the move?

The modern day Sens reminds me of the Chicago Blackhawks from the mid 90's to the mid 00's. 'Dollar' Bill Wirtz went full-blown tard - got rid of their best players - went thru several coaches, and GMs, and became a f-ing laughing stock of the league. THE BEST THING to happen for that Original 6 franchise was for Bill Wirtz to die. Melnyk is heading in that very same direction.
  25. Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

that is a good read. it also shows that loyalty may continue to kill this team
  26. That's cute - you think we'll win the Cup this millennium.
  27. Mrazek traded to Philly for Conditional 3rd and 4th Picks

In the final picture, it is nice to get something for the guy when he was going to leave UFA after not being qualified, but ya, before we had to settle for that result, the problem should have been addressed a long time ago. IMO, they should've traded Jimmy 2 seasons ago, but instead they handled the situation like bumbling idiots. Remember back when Hasek retired, we signed CuJo, then Hasek came back and that screwed everything up! What should've been a great experience for CuJo and us fans, turned out to be probably the worst experience CuJo could've had in his career! I mean we had him playing in the minors for pete's sake! I'm sure relations between those two became just as dicey as the relationship between Mrazek and Howard.
  1. Load more activity