This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Euro_Twins

2019 Draft

So you admit goku is better!
  4. F.Michael

WPG vs STL - Series Thread

Personally I'd like to see a Stars/Blues series next.
  5. kylee

NSH vs DAL - Series Thread

Pleasantly surprised by this series, so far. Dallas' top line is just overpowering the Preds, which is odd because in a lot of cases 1 line can be shut down in the playoffs. Dallas is capitalizing and playing a hard checking game as well as Nashville playing bad team defense in front of Rinne. Edit: Subban got burned on 2 goals. Yikes.
  6. GMRwings1983

That's true but I wouldn't say they screw it up. They never have the talent or goaltending that the other teams have. They're never deep at center and lack the superstar power. Tarasenko is good and many of their players are playing well right now, but will they get enough scoring or goaltending to go all the way?
  7. chaps80

CAR vs WSH - Series Thread

And Ward in his rookie season taking them all the way after Gerber imploded.
  8. kliq

For the most part I agree, but they did have Eric Staal who at that time was a legit star. He scored 100 points that year, and was 7th in the NHL in points.
  9. chaps80

Yeah, Carolina has no jump tonight. Horrible effort all over the ice from what parts i've been able to watch. everytime i come back to the tv it's another two goals added.
  10. Dabura

This is reminding me of the '97 Wings-Avs series. Wings won Game 4, at home, 6-0. Avs won Game 5, at home, 6-0.
  11. Dabura

Fair point. But I feel like this team has the capacity to be really exciting and dominant, it just lacks some scoring punch at forward. The Boyle and Simmonds adds made some sense but weren't necessarily key pickups. Granlund is a good scorer, but I don't think he was The Guy that the Preds really needed. So, understandable moves...but not enough, imo. Basically, I feel like Poile is getting too cute. They've finally opened a Cup window, they don't know how long it'll be open for, and Poile decides Boyle, Simmonds, and Granlund will put the team over the top. I get that the Preds' whole thing has always been getting good value out of underrated guys and such, but c'mon.
  12. chaps80

More slop. 4-0.
  13. chaps80

Report: Detroit to name Steve Yzerman as GM

Things aren't even THAT bad right now. The young core had a great year, lots to build on. I see fans of teams that made/are still in the playoffs complaining about how their team sucks and chokes and all that, and I always think, f*** we've been spoiled as Wings fans for a long time. No fans of other teams can even bash us for sucking right now due to the quarter century of success we came out of.
  14. kickazz

You’re cute.
  15. chaps80

Nashville has always played boring hockey. lol
  16. chaps80

I don't mind STL, but it'd hard to get excited about any playoff success they ever have, because they always find a way to screw it up. That franchise has had so many cup-ready rosters over the years and failed hard.
  17. Some SJWs were raising hell about Winnipeg's playoff "whiteout parties". WHY'S IT GOTTA BE WHITE???
  18. chaps80

Carolina playing sloppy hockey tonight. That and Ovie is everywhere it seems.
  19. Dabura

Blues win the series!
  20. chaps80

Yeah, Vegas made what ended up being some huge steals in that expansion draft, whether roster players, prospects, or picks, but I think a lot of that was GMs just not being prepared for it. They only had the rules set up in early 2016 (rules designed to make the new franchise more competitive out of the gate compared to previous drafts by limiting protections even further) and the league couldn't give a definitive date at that time on when the new franchise would begin play. Then the draft ended up taking place at the end of the 2016-17 season. No one wants to give anything away of course, and every team has to, but there are ways to minimize the loss when you have time to do so. The league is a buisiness that needs the best chance to succeed wherever it expands to in the end though, and opinions will always be mixed on if the Vegas success story was a good thing or a bad thing.
  21. Hockeymom1960

You're just full of rainbows and sunshine aren't you?
  22. Dabura

Schwartz with the natural hat trick. Blues lead 3-0 early in the 3rd. Schwartz has now scored the past four goals in the series.
  23. Dabura

I mean, I know one cares, but what the Blues are doing right now is pretty impressive. That they're even in the playoffs is kind of nuts. At one point in the season, the Blues were firmly in the league basement. Now they're on the verge of taking out the team that many picked to win the Cup in their pre-season predictions.
  24. Dabura

Blues are outshooting the Jets 22-6. And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack Schwartz scores, again. Blues lead 2-0. Schwartz has scored the past three goals in this series.
  1. Load more activity