All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. kipwinger

2019 Draft

Just seeing this so my apologies for the delay. This is an interesting point, but it's misleading. The SHL isn't the NHL, and Allsvenskan isn't comparable to the AHL as a result. Over the years I've read (as much a possible) about the quality of the various hockey leagues around the world. In most cases where people discuss the relative strength of each league they place the SHL slightly below the AHL. So if we take the SEL and AHL to be roughly equal, then Allsvenskan would be comparable to the ECHL. So while your point still stands that Broberg WAS playing in a men's league, it's not as though it's a very good men's league. And his failure to produce many points against that level of competition is still a concern for me if I were contemplating taking him near the top of the draft. Also, saying that Allsvenskan is like the "worst half" of the AHL is misleading for another reason. The difference in the size and quality of the talent pools between the SHL and the AHL. The AHL is pulling talent from all around on the world, both in terms of prospects on their way up, and NHLers on their way down. The worst teams in the AHL are still NHL affiliates and are still likely to have MUCH more talent being infused into their rosters. Guys who dominate the SHL are generally guys who never made it in North American hockey or are Swedish NHL prospects with a year or two less development then they'll have when they eventually play in the AHL. As a result the "worst half" of the AHL is probably WAY better than Allsvenskan IMO.
  3. The 91 of Ryans

News From Around the NHL

4. Today
  5. Neomaxizoomdweebie

News From Around the NHL

If Holland was still GM, the Trouba news would have brought all of the Holland trolls out from hiding under their bridges. But Yzerman doesn't make the deal and it's all crickets.
  6. nyqvististhefuture

News From Around the NHL

Haha , I seen they have 3 3rds so I’m guessing it’ll be one of those moved which I’d gladly take ... i Just Don’t want f***en Arizona to get it , f*** those cheapskate f***ers it’s about time other teams get those type of contracts
  7. amato

News From Around the NHL

Nicolas Hague and eating the last year of Clarkson's contract for a late pick, please!
  8. nyqvististhefuture

News From Around the NHL

David clarkson submitted a no trade list lmao ... wtf so vegas trying to get rid of that contract ... f you Arizona lol time for us to recoup losing nosek, send us a 3rd
  9. amato

News From Around the NHL

Flyers are dum. maybe they'll want to recoop that third.. we could send them one for Gostisbehere
  10. LeftWinger

News From Around the NHL

meh, leave me alone, it was just initial shock and disappointment. I'm still disappointed but over it. just have to see if he extends, or goes UFA.
  11. Learn2LuvIt

News From Around the NHL

My buddy just texted me: If we could sign him for super cheap $$, do I think we should sign Phaneuf for a 1 year (2 max) to stabilize our D and provide some leadership until we're able to bolster our D via GR, draft, and trades? My one word response back to his very long text was "NO"
  12. nyqvististhefuture

News From Around the NHL

Zach bogosian 2020
  13. The 91 of Ryans

News From Around the NHL

Figure y'all will have to start scribbling some else's name on your fantasy roster napkins. My money's on Trouba staying in NY. #Werenski2025
  14. nyqvististhefuture

News From Around the NHL

I think we have 3 players max? And we gotta leave a few spots for trade deadline day especially say a green if we have to move him and help facilitate a deal if it means we get a 1st+ or 2 2nds type return not saying I wouldn’t eat salary on an ericsson or helm now we have to leave at least a spot open for deadline day which is why I’d take back like a Brandon Manning for Daley and probably help us get a better pick I’m sure yzermans already asked and will try and get the best deals and ask the players regardless of the list if they’d reconsider
  15. e_prime

News From Around the NHL

Daley and Ericsson both have modified clauses with 15 and 19 team no trade lists respectively. If I were Stevie, I'd have asked agents for updated lists upon hire. Is Kenny kicking tires yet? ...or still figuring out wtf to do with Lucic?
  16. krsmith17

News From Around the NHL

I'd be willing to retain salary on any players we want to move with one or two years remaining on their contract. We have cap space to burn and it should increase the return.
  17. nyqvististhefuture

News From Around the NHL

They got a 3rd as well!!???? Christ I must have missed that , even at 3 million I think we can move Daley he’s not super expensive and has 1 year left , veteran dman with cup experience all depends on teams cap situations but I do think we can get a really good pick man daley to oilers for a 3rd and Brandon Manning in a heartbeat , send manning down for the year .... eat salary off ericsson and move him for a 3rd -4th and move the picks to move into the 2nd, there’s really some nice moves to be made man and if yzerman is thinking longterm those chumps will be gone
  18. krsmith17

News From Around the NHL

Jesus... It was a 2nd in 2019 AND a 3rd in 2020 for Braun... 32 years old. $3.8M for one season... Daley is 35 years old. If we eat half his contract, $1,583,333 for one season... We should be able to get a decent pick, if that's the going rate...
  19. nyqvististhefuture

News From Around the NHL

Christ sharks got a 2nd rd pick from flyers from Braun , I know we hate Daley and ericsson but for sure we can land at least a 5th this weekend for each , I’m sure other teams value them more than we do , both cup winning dmen .... sure we’d have to eat some ericsson $ and we as wings fans are fed up of him but I’m choosing to believe we can move them this weekend and get decent picks Braun is a nice dman but I’m surprised he fetched a 2nd , Friday can’t come soon enough He had a real solid season , my bud who’s a rangers fan liked him but he’s happy with trouba + they have miller,lundqvist and other solid d prospects he played 20+ a mins a night , solid offensive numbers for his first full season ,can easily see him being capable of putting up 35 pts next season with jets being better offensively , I don’t see bowey being able to put up those types of numbers right now but I am hopeful he can be a pretty good player but that being said wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s not a longterm wing with a bunch of kids coming and future trades,ufa etc...
  20. amato

News From Around the NHL

I don't know about that. If ALL he wanted was a long term deal, maybe. But with potentially only two options (one of which may not have even wanted him), it's no surprise that the return was low. There were reports of higher offers than what they got from NYR. Then again, why even trade him then if he's RFA.. get him his one year deal and trade at the deadline or just send him somewhere else. Maybe the better offers would've pulled if they knew he wouldn't sign.. Maybe the Jets were just sick of the whole situation. Who knows.... seems like a weird situation. Obviously, I also hope he hits free agency. But it feels unlikely at this point.
  21. krsmith17

News From Around the NHL

Yeah, maybe. It would be close for me though. I'll be honest. I know very little about Pionk, outside of his raw numbers. I'm a fan of Bowey though. He had solid numbers in juniors and the minors, but was put in a tough situation in Washington. Traded to Detroit and struggled early on, but looked really solid the last couple weeks of the season, once he got used to the systems and teammates. I still think there's more to Bowey's game. I like him a lot as a 3rd pairing defenseman that can play physical and chip in some offense.
  22. e_prime

News From Around the NHL

I'll reassure myself by convincing myself that if Trouba is intends/is determined to sign long term with New York that Chevy would have gotten more.
  23. nyqvististhefuture

News From Around the NHL

Well I know if I had a choice I’d rather have pionk than bowey at this stage we just didn’t have the pick to offer, yzerman shouldn’t and wasn’t gonna give up the #6 pick , if we had an additional mid 1st round pick it might have been a different story but it is what it is
  24. amato

News From Around the NHL

Soooo basically, she learned her residency would be in New York (or at least she wants it to be) and so he told Chevy that he'd only sign long term with NYR or NYI.
  25. krsmith17

News From Around the NHL

Pionk and Bowey are two similar players that were in very different situations. Both are bottom pairing defensemen that will likely have similar careers. I wouldn't be surprised to see both play close to the same number of games and put up similar numbers next season. Cholowski on the other hand, is three years younger and has top three potential. Cholowski was a 1st round draft pick. Pionk was undrafted. Not even close to being similar valued players. I think it came down to New York or Detroit. Maybe Yzerman's offer didn't stack up to Gorton's because he knows something...
  26. amato

News From Around the NHL

MORE TRADES PLEASE!
  27. Buppy

2019 Draft

Stop giving away my secrets. Thought you said he had no speed. Pick a horse and ride it, Mr. Indecisive.
  1. Load more activity