All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Motor City Mullets

The Yzerplan The Vision Becoming Minnesota Repeating History Help 9/11

I am here to find f**k you all...
  3. Well... here we are I've been waiting to make this post, but I think it's finally time The Situation We are likely going to miss the playoffs. And we also won't have the cap space to make the team better in the offseason. In fact many of our players will walk in UFA for nothing, and it's very likely the team may get worse. On top of that, we also won't be drafting high, or in number. The vicious cycle of mediocrity is staring us in the face. Before I suggest what the yZerPLaN should do about it, I want to address some hard truths... Tough Pills For Swallowing This team is never going to win a cup with Larkin at 1C He isn't a defensive stalwart, but his offense is pretty good. Still, he's not within the realm of the NHL's elite centers. But he would be one of the best 2C's in the league if we could only find the player to bump him down. At the same time, the loss of Larkin in the lineup completely destroys this team. Which shows just how awful this team as a whole truly still is. Larkin is the cheap bandaid masking our flaws Larkin should have been sold at the 2023 deadline. It would have netted us a kings ransom in return, and another $8.7 million to spend on the rest of the lineup. Instead Larkin will be just good enough to keep us propped up in the mediocrity zone. The manlet isn't very good Debrincat has scored only 7 regulation goals in the last 52 games. This is not the high-end sniper one should consider as part of a scoring core. He's not worth the contract he's on, and that contract sets a bad precedence for young wingers like Raymond in need of new contracts. He really brings nothing else to the team if he's not potting goals. And he's not potting goals. Seider has been neutered by "da system" Love the fight the other night, but the Mo we fell in love with doesn't exist within the current state of the team. Aggression and creativity are at an all time low. He's Derek's robot out there, and this doesn't maximize any of his god given natural talent. I once argued Mo was designed to be the perfect leader/captain. Now I doubt this. In the words of Herb Brooks, "I wanted the guy who wouldn't take the test". Lyon is not a starting goalie He's strung together about 18 good performances out of 37. Or basically 50/50 chance we have an NHL goalie in net each night. He's played in 39 NHL games before reaching Detroit and is on the wrong side of 30 Yzerman has again failed to secure the net position, despite annual attempts, for the last 5 years Edvinsson is nothing special This will probably garner the biggest reaction, but I stand by it. I do not see a superstar in the making in the slightest. An NHL player yes, but not the serious difference maker everyone initially expected. The raw talent and size is there, but he has no idea how to use it. I see him topping out as a Brad Stuart. Useful 2nd pairng defender. I feel similarly about Cossa and Kasper at this point. Contributors, but not difference makers. The only exciting prospect we have is ASP Berggren is actually pretty good, and this team is mismanaging him Kid should have been on the roster to start the season. Instead the red wings would rather waste money on Kostin and time on Czarnik to bury him. Sad and stupid. Yzerman is not infallible Not trading Larkin and loading up with Debrincat and Kane are looking like serious mistakes.Then doubling down on this team at the 2024 TDL made it even worse. This is not even considering the other bad contracts and trades he's executed. I still have faith in the man that he will aggressively address our current problems Newsy needs to be gonesy No explanation necessary What do we do? I don't have a magic solution. All I know is standing pat (like we did at the the TDL) isn't the solution, and true solutions require bold decisions. And I do not consider trading Fabbrii, Maata, and/or Veleno for scraps to be a bold solution. Same with buying out Husso or Petry. What I would propose for bold is trading Dcat and Edvinsson. Those are trades that would actually the net serous assets we need. Players or picks. I would refer picks. We are also at the point where we either need to just call Cossa up, or acquire an actual proven goaltender Few actions this summer will lock us into the mediocrity cycle. Praying Yzerman isn't dumb enough to continue pursuing the Holland "we like our team path"... Oh and LOLande should be fired ASAP
  4. Yesterday
  5. mackel

Last Gasp Wings vs Charging Caps

I'm predicting a 3-7 finish... wins against the Caps (irony) and the last 2 against the Canadiens (irony/false hope/torch marginally improved playoff odds)
  6. mackel

2024 TDL Thread

I agree... you'd have to do a major edit to this team in order make it a successful/competitive playoff team. To fix what's broken will take more than trading for more of the same overpaid mediocre complementary pieces similar to what we already have.
  7. Motor City Mullets

During the Season 2024 Thread

Our next 4 opponents be like...
  8. Motor City Mullets

2024 TDL Thread

My take is why potentially overpay at the deadline for a chance at playoff hockey? I could see what Holland had done - the streak and all, but for Yzerman - what does he gain if he has to send picks/prospects?
  9. Motor City Mullets

10. stephen-gregory-yzerman

I'll be honest in saying that I hope the Wings get their a$$e$ handed to them on this road trip so we don't have any more false hope
  11. Motor City Mullets

I'm not hoping for anything...We've achieved 'Minnesota Wild Mediocrity' where this team is mid pack - in the near future we'll have some seasons where we might make the playoffs - other seasons we won't. It's been frustrating.
  12. stephen-gregory-yzerman

Were 2pts out of a wild card spot with 10 games remaining. A lot can happen in that time. We just have to pass one of WSH/PHI - more likely the latter. Its still within reach. Why not hope we can go on a run and get in rather then hope we fall flat on our face? Its prob not likely we get in but as far as hoping goes Im gonna hope we go on another run - weve done it several times this season. If its lottery luck your hoping for were more likely to make the playoffs then any lotto balls falling our way. I question decisions made by Yzerman/Lalonde but Im still gonna root for this team to win.
  13. Motor City Mullets

After last nights OT loss - I would rather see this team fall apart and die rather than hold on thus giving us fans more false hope...By nature I'm a pessimist/realist - on paper we're barely good enough of a roster to sneak in to a wildcard spot - coaching staff on the other hand is AHL at best.
  14. Motor City Mullets

It is a lot to handle...I'll be honest in saying that I hope the Wings get their a$$e$ handed to them on this road trip so we don't have any more false hope...Just get it over with instead of a long painful drawn out ending...
  15. LeftWinger

This is true. But its time to start dealing away draft picks for talent. Young talent. Trade the above mentioned, plus Veleno, Maatta, Berggren, and start fresh. Should've dealt Sprong, Ghost, Holl at deadline for picks. Yzerman kept them together as a team and look how they've repaid him. I'd package a 1st, more picks and a player at the draft for Chychrun and the same for Fowler. The only D I want returning are Seider, Walman, Edvinsson. Chiarot, Holl, Maata will get you a few mid-level draft picks that can be packaged. Let Ghost walk, let Sprong walk. Offer Perron a coaching job. Buyout Petry and Husso. Go with Lyon/Cossa next season. Ugh this is too much. I'll go to the off-season thread.
  16. Motor City Mullets

Well - I'll defend Yzerman in that the guys you mentioned were/are in fact better than what we had (exceptions being Bertuzzi and Hronek).
  17. Scott R Lucidi

Yup. Chiarot, Petry, Holl, Husso, Fabbri at 19 mil in 2024 and 16 mil in 2025 is just brutal. What's the fricking point of watching this SHET? Absolute TRASH.
  18. LeftWinger

I talked a lot about him when he wasn't qualified. Yzerman had just signed two other former Hawks that weren't signed in prior years. I surely thought he'd do the same for a 3rd overall pick. But I just figured he knows more than I do. Damn I wish he would've signed him. Unless the Yzerplan included buying out 2 players this summer and trading away and acquiring better players, then i am getting very skeptical of this mysterious plan. 7 years is far too long. I want to see Chychrun and Fowler here via trade. I don't care of it costs 1st rounders. It's time to upgrade via trade. This drafting and waiting and filling the roster with middling UFA's has gotten old.
  19. stephen-gregory-yzerman

What do you mean? We signed native Michigander Andrew Copp that offseason. Great signing. Hes only 2 years older $625k more expensive and produces half as much. Why would we want former 3rd overall pick, 6'3" RHC Dylan Strome?
  20. Scott R Lucidi

Yzerman derailed his own plan
  21. Motor City Mullets

This is Larkin's 9th season as a Red Wing and has seen action in 5 playoff games. Yzerman's 9th season saw him in 50 playoff games. It's gonna be a while...
  22. AtlantaHotWings

If we had 2 more wins in both Dec and Jan so a whopping 8 points we all be fired up for April in the D So is that goalie defense offense
  23. Motor City Mullets

I think this team needs a new direction starting with what we have behind the bench...We're likely stuck with some of the older vets, but maybe a different approach/style of play may get something outta this team next season.
  24. Scott R Lucidi

I'm with you. Debrincat's little "darn it" face is so lame. It represents the Wings' lack of intestinal fortitude. Complete shet show from management. Bad decision making (signing 5 crap vet defesemen when we need 1 good one) compounded by more bad decision making (playing sucky vet defensemen when we have good young ones in the system) really sucks the high hard one. Time for some heads being pulled out of asses. That means you, YZERMAN. Pull your god damn head out, man.
  25. Motor City Mullets

Well - if they didn't play half this season like window licking regards - I'd be a poop-ton more enthusiastic.
  26. AtlantaHotWings

They are giving serious effort so I am all in
  1. Load more activity