All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

I did too. I hate how politics has crept into everything.
  3. Rumors Thread

Maybe...
  4. Hossa's Career Might Be Over Already

Not going to happen...
  5. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Of course, if Hossa stays on LTIR over most of this season, you can always swing him to a cap floor team next summer. Again, if Chicago is willing to toss in the #8 for us (someone) to take Hossa's contract, there is no negative to acquiring him. It is a win-win for sure!
  6. Rumors Thread

Also known as...the Red Wings.
  7. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Hey, we got to spice this forum up! Too much politics, too much Hicketts, not enough real chat!
  8. So it seems that the last two seasons of missing the playoffs have caused Superior Fish to go out of business, eh? Not enough Octopi sales I guess! The team and the fans aren't the only one(s) to suffer during this drought! RIP Superior Fish.
  9. Hossa's Career Might Be Over Already

Actually it is a possibility. The cap is rumored to be upwards of $82M this season. If we deal some of our own cap away at the draft, we can most definitely fit his cap hit under. Plus, if he attempts to play, then can't, he goes on LTIR for us. We'd be fine. If Chicago is willing to give away the #8 to a team that will take his contract, Holland has to call them!
  10. Hossa's Career Might Be Over Already

If the rangers are serious about a rebuild, I could see them being all over taking Hossa and the 8th pick.... they have all kinds of cap space and then they'd have picks 8, 9, 26, 28, 39, & 48 this year.
  11. Rumors Thread

Yep. The LTIR bRokED Wings. Why? Does he turn green and look like Lou Ferigno?
  12. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

I was going to post something like that if he wasn't back before Friday, but believe me. it would have paled in comparison.
  13. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Welcome back Lefty!! You sure as hell didn't waste anytime getting back to your old ways
  14. Today
  15. Rumors Thread

Hey, welcome back, Lefty. Missed ya. I'm not a big Bylsma fan. My general impression of him as a coach is he's not very good at it and he's kind of bad at it. Fight me.
  16. Rumors Thread

I'd take that for sure. He has won a Cup and is Head Coach insurance if Blashill finds himself left on the side of the road. I address how this would work for us in the Draft thread. But not so we get Hossa back, more importantly to get their #8 overall.
  17. Official 2018 NHL Amateur Entry Draft Discussion Thread

That is a funny edit! I want to thank everyone for all the kind words! I am good, I am moving forward, I don't want to talk about it and I NEED this forum to keep my mind going forward! Thanks Again! Here is (are) my (fantasy) trade scenario(s) for draft day: Both Nyquist and AA address the offense and dynamics that Vancouver is in need of. Could very well become 1st line players there. Calgary is in DESPERATE need of another line. They have become a 1 line team, adding Helm and Svech gives them 2/3 making a very good line! To sweetin the deal the 2019 1s round is NOT lottery protected, so they get it no matter where we finish. But we get a #1 in Hamilton, so we're good. Here I take Chicago up on their desperation to get rid of Hossa's contract. I'd give them a couple of mid to later round picks to take his contract and their #8 overall. Worst case scenario, Hossa rides out his contract on LTIR much like Franzen. Best case scenario, he becomes healthy and gets us 15-20 goals a year for a couple of seasons. This eliminates the need to sign either one of Vanek or Kovy. Win-Wn for us and Chicago. (not that I am really into helping Chicago, but I'd piss down their back and call it rain to steal that #8 pick to get Oliver Wahlstrom.) Here is the good one. Sure, at first site, it doesn't look like a great deal for Montreal, but considering they are getting the #6 in return, two good old French Canadian kids to add to the team, PLUS they still should be able to draft the center they need in Kotkaniemi with that #6. So that gives us #3, #7, #8 in the 1st round. With those picks I take #3 - Zadina #7 - Best D Available #8 - Wahlstrom With Larkin as our #1 center, Z will slowly transition out as the #2 over the next couple of season's giving way to Ras. Nielsen will remain #3 for the rest of his contract unless he allows us to flip him to a contender on a future TDL day. I think, even with eliminating the 2019 1st round pick, that sets our rebuild on fire. (BTW, SO glad I was absent during all that political stuff in the other thread! I might be the only one left here when the MODS return!) Thanks again everyone for the kind words! I needed a break from life, but I need to move forward now and I had to get back on here to help keep my life moving on! Bring on Friday! Too bad I'll be working a 16 hour shift that day and will have to rely on my phone for updates! Here's to Holland ripping those tires right off the truck this year!
  18. Rumors Thread

19. Rumors Thread

Word on the street is Chicago desperately wants to move Hossa's contract. This is our chance, guys. Finally, FINALLY, we can have Hossa and Franzen on the same team again. Sort of,
  20. Rumors Thread

Apparently you've never seen my bear when he's angry...Don't make him angry...Or else!
  21. 2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Word to the MF. In 12 years, I've never posted this much.
  22. 2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Well Holland pulled off the Tatar trade so we can't criticize him ever again. Half-hearted trolling, really. It's not even my final form. I am bored to tears and I need it to be draft weekend.
  23. 2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Pffft. You call all that trolling?
  24. 2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

The Sharks had pregnant WAG's on that team. Wilson had no choice. He's not really a genius.
  25. 2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

Quit trolling me when I'm trolling people, ya jerk.
  26. 2018 Off-Season Trades / Signings / News

I trade for Hoffman only if I could turn around and trade him again. Wilson is my today hero.
  1. Load more activity