• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, NineLegs said:

I dunno what you're talking about. I'm here to talk to hockey. Not sure why ur such a huge dick to everyone.

Again, not everyone. Just the literal pieces of s***. Anyway, I'm done. Continue talking hockey until you inevitably get banned again.

Theodor Niederbach(5´11") has got 2 brothers, a twin and an older brother(25) who is 6´4" ! Would be interesting to know if his older brother was around the same height at 18....

I think it's too early to start a 2021 Draft Thread just yet, but in any event sign me up for this guy. Kent Johnson, center at Michigan, is playing at a point per game pace as a freshman. Oh, and he's absolutely sick. Reminds me a bit of Jason Spezza.

17 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think it's too early to start a 2021 Draft Thread just yet, but in any event sign me up for this guy. Kent Johnson, center at Michigan, is playing at a point per game pace as a freshman. Oh, and he's absolutely sick. Reminds me a bit of Jason Spezza.

plays with a long stick like spezza

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Watch this be the draft year where we win the lotto, but there's no consensus #1 pick that stands out amongst his peers.

Anywho - the kid above is ranked within the top 10 for the 2021 draft.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/521697/kent-johnson

9 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

plays with a long stick like spezza

Yeah - I noticed that too...Not sure if that's a good thing, or bad at a higher level such as the NHL, but if the kid is used to playing with it, and has success - then why not.

On 12/16/2020 at 6:23 AM, F.Michael said:

Watch this be the draft year where we win the lotto, but there's no consensus #1 pick that stands out amongst his peers.

Anywho - the kid above is ranked within the top 10 for the 2021 draft.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/521697/kent-johnson

Yeah - I noticed that too...Not sure if that's a good thing, or bad at a higher level such as the NHL, but if the kid is used to playing with it, and has success - then why not.

its generally not a good thing.  nhler rips it  away from guys that dont protect close to body.

25 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

its generally not a good thing.  nhler rips it  away from guys that dont protect close to body.

This is definitely interesting. I'm curious if there's any source for identifying which NHLers use longer sticks.

18 hours ago, kipwinger said:

This is definitely interesting. I'm curious if there's any source for identifying which NHLers use longer sticks.

the taller ones normally do.  chara and myers need them to reach the ice!  Franzen comes to mind for Wings with a longer stick.  Mantha too.  both bigger guys without a puck handling need.  not gonba find too many centers with a longer stick.

4 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Lafreniere = 4 pts in 19 games
Stutzle = 12 pts in 20 games

I thought Lafreniere was supposed to be good

No doubt! When I saw the graphic a couple games ago that FSD put up with rookie points, I saw Stuetzle with those points, and Laf wasn't even there. I have a feeling that Stuetzle will win the Calder. Might not, but it's not like Laf is going to with numbers like that. Strange happenings...

5 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Lafreniere = 4 pts in 19 games
Stutzle = 12 pts in 20 games

I thought Lafreniere was supposed to be good

Stutzle was also more developed to play at the NHL level having played in a men's league already. Lafreniere is still making the shift from juniors to the pros. He'll take longer, but he'll get there. He is still the better prospect.

On 3/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, sconicof said:

#100. Ouch. I understand the age and concern of not improving all that much for next year, but I cannot imagine what advice Zach is getting if at all to stay in the draft.

Edited by LeftWinger