• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sentonial Debut

VILLE NIEMINEN

Rate this topic

i was wondering if anyone has heard about any kind of suspension on his hit on Lebda? it's been a couple days now and i have yet to hear about this guy missing any games. i'm hoping the NHL doesn't screw up again and let Nieminen off without any kind of punishment

with the way ken and mickey were talking and the recent portrayal of the violence in the NHL over the past couple weeks, it seemed like he was gonna be suspended. guess i was wrong

u thought wrong...classic case of the NHL wimping out on punishment

Edited by Vonnie182

yeah no suspension, his in game punishment was enough id say, plus he made up for it by visiting brett in the hospital

He shouldn't get off because he went to visit him in the hospital. If it was a clean hit, the guy wouldn't have ended up in the hospital in the first place.

u thought wrong...classic case of the NHL wimping out on punishment

If the NHL had the balls to take action ealry on, maybe players like Chris Simon would think twice about what they are going to do.

Maybe not Ville's hit specifically, but in general.

Why would there be a suspension? It didn't seem all that dirty of a play to me.

It was. Lebda had his back to Nieminen and Nieminen took advantage. Also, it appears that Nimenen had placed his forearm near the neck of Lebda to drive his head into the boards a little bit more.

i think most of the reason lebda got a concussion was because he hit the metal santion.

dito.

not that Nieminen was a saint, but that was not a dirty hit. and suspending players just for hitting a Red Wing is... not exactly right IMHO :D

i think most of the reason lebda got a concussion was because he hit the metal santion.

I can agree with that. Regardless, it was still boarding and intent to injure.

True, but Nieminen has about as bad of a track record as Tootoo.

This may be true, but I think the real reason we want Tootoo's head is because he happens to be on a team that we're fiercely fighting for the division against. Nieminen, however, is not on a team that we have anything to worry about.

QFT

What does that mean? :unsure:

Anyone got a video of the hit? I missed the first period of the game. Center Ice had the Blues guys calling the game and they seemed to be OK with the fact that he was booted from the game they implied that Lebda turned on the hit and that it was not necessarily a premeditated dirty hit.

I do like the fact that he went to the hospital to check on Lebda though. That is the way it used to be and the way it should be. Hockey is an emotional and sometimes violent sport and sometimes you do things, on purpose or accident, that you may not have meant to do and someone is injured. I have played for a long time (25+ years) and have done some things that in hindsight I should not have to people that I was actually friends with off the ice. I let my emotions get the best of me so I can see how someone playing in a much more emotion filled an d meaningful game could do the same. In the old days the player who caused the injury always visited the injured player to apologize and basically show respect. Nowadays that respect seems to be leaving the game so it is good to see a player doing the right thing.

It was a dirty hit, you see the numbers by the boards you dont hit. Thats the first thing they teach you when you get in peewees. Since Nieminen has been suspended for the SAME EXACT thing in the past he shoulda got a 2 game supsension or something. Thats bulls*** he didnt learn the first time and this time was a slap on the wrist to him.

[i bet the only reason he went to the hospital was to cover his ass with the NHL. He figured oh this will look good and maybe i'll get off.] My opinion though.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/cup/...-comments_x.htm

Edited by GongShow86

It was a dirty hit, you see the numbers by the boards you dont hit. Thats the first thing they teach you when you get in peewees. Since Nieminen has been suspended for the SAME EXACT thing in the past he shoulda got a 2 game supsension or something. Thats bulls*** he didnt learn the first time and this time was a slap on the wrist to him.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/cup/...-comments_x.htm

I definitely think he should have been suspended. Being a repeat offender, I think it should have warrented one... however, I guess you could look at it, that he intechnically was suspended for one game, since he was ejected early in the first.

I definitely think he should have been suspended. Being a repeat offender, I think it should have warrented one... however, I guess you could look at it, that he intechnically was suspended for one game, since he was ejected early in the first.

Exactly. He should have been suspended, but I guess the league saw his punishment during the game as sufficient. On that note, I am a huge fan of the fact that this guy went to the hospital to apologize to Brett. It doesn't take back what he did, but to look at it on the bright side because Lebda couldn't play in the last game we got to see Lilja duke it out with Moan. No, but seriously. Chris Simon has yet to apologize in person to Hollweg for slashing him in the face, so at least Nieminen did that. Regardless, I am not a fan of the guy.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome