• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rage

NHL Connect - A Kris Draper Blog

Rate this topic

I read this earlier today, and thought I'd pass it along. Some nice comments in there, and nice to hear Kris respond to the questions asked by fans.

A Kris Draper Blog

Here's one of the Q & A's.

Which team would represent the biggest challenge for the Redwings in the playoffs?

The thing is, every team in the west will be tough. And we’re not sure were going to finish one or four, so we won’t know who we’re going to get until it’s all over. Everyone is a possibility. There are seven teams that will finish with 100+ points it looks like. From number one to eight, it’s going to be tough and any single one of those teams is going to have a shot to win the cup.

To say one team, that’s tough, because there isn’t one team that will give a harder matchup than another. San Jose has a great PP, and they’ve given us some trouble this season, but every team will be dangerous.

Edited by rage

What was Stevie like, in your experience, when he wasn’t on the ice?

Stevie was a great individual who influenced a lot of our careers. I mean I can speak for myself personally, he was a big influence in how I go about the game. The way he handles himself on and off the ice, he’s a true role model.

As far as the locker room goes, he was very comfortable; he was one of the guys and that’s what made him so great a player and such a great leader. He fit in, joked around, when it was time to be serious he was serious, he went to dinner and movies with the guys on the road and he played as hard as anyone.

And as great as he was he was on the ice – he was a legend, a hall-of-famer – he also was just one of the guys in the locker room. He was down to earth, and that made him the great player and person that he was.

:thumbup:

It was a good read to read his responses.

Edited by Manny4Prez

Which team would represent the biggest challenge for the Redwings in the playoffs?

The thing is, every team in the west will be tough. And we’re not sure were going to finish one or four, so we won’t know who we’re going to get until it’s all over. Everyone is a possibility. There are seven teams that will finish with 100+ points it looks like. From number one to eight, it’s going to be tough and any single one of those teams is going to have a shot to win the cup.

To say one team, that’s tough, because there isn’t one team that will give a harder matchup than another. San Jose has a great PP, and they’ve given us some trouble this season, but every team will be dangerous.

This sums up exactly what I've been saying for the past few weeeks. There are so many people on the boards trying to figure out who the Wings are going to play as the first or fourth seed, yet we don't even know if they're going to be in one of those two positions.

Win your games, and let the rest fall into place.

I posted the questions about who the guys room with on the road. I'll see if he answers it.

Oh man, I know it's exciting to come in contact with a athlete, but it drives me crazy when people suck around by telling them how great they are. It's over done. Just show some respect, ask your question, get out of there, and see if he answers.

I would think after a while it would get tiring for the athletes, when they make contact with the fans, that people go nuts and go on and on about their abilities. Athletes are just like the rest of us, but their occupation is done in front of Millions of people.

This sums up exactly what I've been saying for the past few weeeks. There are so many people on the boards trying to figure out who the Wings are going to play as the first or fourth seed, yet we don't even know if they're going to be in one of those two positions.

Win your games, and let the rest fall into place.

wow its like you should be on the team or somethin haha

I just came here to add this when I saw someone had already done it.

The follow quote gave me goosebumps.

How much are you, Cheli and Nick involved in motivating the team for the playoffs? I know Steve (Yzerman) had a big effect on the teams’ success, are the coaches relying on you guys to lead most of the way?

I would say the one thing that stands out in my head the most was in 2002 we were down 2-0 to Vancouver and people had pretty much written us off. “Too old,†“too slow,†“can’t come back,†everyone was saying. The media basically challenged everything we had been doing. Stevie Yzerman had a closed door meeting before game three and said “we have a great team here and we have a great opportunity. Let’s go out and do everything we can do to win game three.†And it was him talking to his teammates, but his friends as well. Everyone really believed in one another right at that moment, and certainly everyone knows what happened. That’s something that I’ll never forget.

Hey Kris, Just wondering how you and the guys entertain yourselves on long plane trips?

I’m a movie guy. I’ll watch a lot of movies, especially now that you can get all the TV series on DVD. I watch Lost, 24, and Prison Break, those are my three favorites. If I need a break from movies, I’ll take out a book and read. Those are the two things I like the most..

He likes 24. :P

Lots on the line tonight and a matchup you might see down the line in the playoffs as well.

But I’ll speak more on this game tomorrow. Until then, some questions answered:

Looks like he will be posting more Friday!!! :thumbup:

Edited by rage