• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Question About Kicking Rule

Rate this topic

I know a goal cannot be allowed with a kicking motion directing the puck in. But what if the defender is trying to kick the puck out of the crease and accidentally kicks it into his own net, does the goal count?

I have never seen that in a game so I decided to throw it on here to see if anyone knows the answer? :D

I am thinking this was a joke......if not, I am worried.

no joke, the opposing player can do anything and everything to the puck, and if it goes in his net, its a goal for the other team

i clicked on this thread thinking we'd be talking about what happens when a player kicks another player with his skate. I'm deeply disappointed in this thread. One time a kid kicked me in the chest with his skate. I slashed him across the arm so hard he immediately clutched his wrist and cried. I got a five minute major for that. He got nothing from the refs, but I wasn't complaining.

Opposing player can kick, high stick, bat down with his hand, grab it and nosedive into his goal with the puck and it counts.

just to make sure this thread goes places... :P

if a player grabbed it and nosedove into his own net, wouldn't it be blown down because he closed his hand on the puck and had possession

I know a goal cannot be allowed with a kicking motion directing the puck in. But what if the defender is trying to kick the puck out of the crease and accidentally kicks it into his own net, does the goal count?

I have never seen that in a game so I decided to throw it on here to see if anyone knows the answer? :D

short answer is yes

I was referring to the original question.

I've never seen it in a game, so shoot me and kiss my grits.

I had never seen a player put the puck in front of him on a breakaway and then fall down on top of th epuck and slide into the goalie and the goal, but that apparently counts too. It happened in the Brawl in Hockeytown game and that may have been the most pissed I have ever been during a reg. season game.

i clicked on this thread thinking we'd be talking about what happens when a player kicks another player with his skate. I'm deeply disappointed in this thread. One time a kid kicked me in the chest with his skate. I slashed him across the arm so hard he immediately clutched his wrist and cried. I got a five minute major for that. He got nothing from the refs, but I wasn't complaining.

:lol::lol:

I have to agree. :D

Nothing beats Marc Bergevin catching a dump in and throwing it past a stunned Roman Turek. In the playoffs no less.

I will never forget that! I laughed so 'effin hard. You can tell Bergevin was just trying to get rid of it so he didn't get a delay of game penalty, but it was hilarious to see him throw it in his own net.

If a palyer grabs the puck in crease besides the goalie it is a penalty shot, the puck can go off of any part of the defending players body, or stick but if he covers the puck or grabs in the crease it is a penalty shot for any player on the ice

why?

there is alot of people in this world not up to hockey knowledge like yourself

I didn't really think this was a hockey knowledge type of question, I thought it was more common sense. I equate this to something similar to "If you punch your teammate in the face, is it a penalty?"

Maybe I am the one out in left field here, I just didn't get why there would even need to be a debate.

I didn't really think this was a hockey knowledge type of question, I thought it was more common sense. I equate this to something similar to "If you punch your teammate in the face, is it a penalty?"

Maybe I am the one out in left field here, I just didn't get why there would even need to be a debate.

maybe we should ask Bettman

It's not a debate. It's a question.

Like, what is offsides? Can a goalie check a player with the puck behind the net? Can the goalie be a shootout selection? If McGoo whistles in the forest, and no one is around to argue, is he still wrong?

EDIT: Ok, that last one is more of a debate, but we all know the answer.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty