• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/30 GDT: Stars @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Turks playing tonight... Lets hope he trouble against the wings continue

3-0 Wings (Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Bert) Hasek outplays Turco for another **** ***!!

Fixed it. :crazy: jinx, jinx!!

Hasek is number one in GAA in the NHL today again, at 2.09. Just sayin', I won't go start a new thread to announce it. :hehe:

I'm getting a little concerned about Detroit's lack of scoring lately. They haven't scored 3 or more goals in a game in two weeks. They better work on that or sooner or later it will bite them in the ass.

Hasek is number one in GAA in the NHL today again, at 2.09. Just sayin', I won't go start a new thread to announce it. :hehe:

Funny i was thinking about it, and knew you would post with a jinx. Cmon its not realllllllll! lol

Edited by Bryguy

We need to start getting some offense from some of the guys below.

Holmstrom - 11 games without a goal

Calder - 0 points in last 6 games

Lang - 1 point and no goals in last 6 games

Lidstrom - 1 point and no goals in the last 6 games

Sammy - 1 point, 0 goals, ten million shots in the last 6 games

Hopefully, they're just getting their cold streaks out of the way before the playoff begin.

We need to start getting some offense from some of the guys below.

Holmstrom - 11 games without a goal

Calder - 0 points in last 6 games

Lang - 1 point and no goals in last 6 games

Lidstrom - 1 point and no goals in the last 6 games

Sammy - 1 point, 0 goals, ten million shots in the last 6 games

Hopefully, they're just getting their cold streaks out of the way before the playoff begin.

LOL! :lol:

Calder was very good last night though and was unlucky not to get a point.

Insert generic quote of Wings winning and any concern I can conjure up after 2 consecutive wins in playoff style games here.

On another note: Turco is the worst choke artist goalie. So good and dependable during the regular season; stinks in the playoffs. Here is to him being on the other team. That alone makes me consider giving the Division to NSH, and playing DAL instead of CGY.

My #1 concern is staying healthy. Lets get past this game and get to our 4 games against CLB and CHI healthy. I like our play against the stars the past few years and I think this will be a W to pull ahead of nahsville and tying the GP.

What the heck is FOX2 ? Guess I don't get to watch this game. Why isn't this on FSN tonight, they can't show Detroit two nights in a row or something? They're trying to force me into watching basketball .. yuck.

Yeah, that's my job *****. :P

I started that "questionable" thread because it was Backstrom and not Hasek or Brodeur at #1. Not that GAA matters anyway, the S% is what catches most people's eyes. In that respect, Hasek is respectable, but not spectacular. His GAA is a product of good team defense, not his goalie prowess.

Although Dom is the man, his stats don't say it. I still think he should be a Vezina candidate, but not the winner (Luongo).

What the heck is FOX2 ? Guess I don't get to watch this game. Why isn't this on FSN tonight, they can't show Detroit two nights in a row or something? They're trying to force me into watching basketball .. yuck.

FOX2 is WJBK in Detroit and WXSP in Grand Rapids. FSN is carrying the Pistons game.

its nice and fun that we won our last 2 , but i was thinking, whens the last time we scored 4-5 goals and kicked someone's ass lol ......does anyone remember ? i know the way were playing now is the way we'll have to win most games come playoff time but i was just thinking about the last time the wings gave someone a beat down and i just cant remember

its nice and fun that we won our last 2 , but i was thinking, whens the last time we scored 4-5 goals and kicked someone's ass lol ......does anyone remember ? i know the way were playing now is the way we'll have to win most games come playoff time but i was just thinking about the last time the wings gave someone a beat down and i just cant remember

You are seeing the fruits of Babcock's style. Win by allowing less goals will necessitate scoring less goals. Now, we are still in a mini-drought, but the current system we play allows us to win despite the drought. If we got down by a couple of goals, I think you would see a completely different style of play (one like last year when we lost a number of games 4-6 and so on). While it may not be exciting, it does reflect Western Conference Playoff Hockey more, doesn't it?

You are seeing the fruits of Babcock's style. Win by allowing less goals will necessitate scoring less goals. Now, we are still in a mini-drought, but the current system we play allows us to win despite the drought. If we got down by a couple of goals, I think you would see a completely different style of play (one like last year when we lost a number of games 4-6 and so on). While it may not be exciting, it does reflect Western Conference Playoff Hockey more, doesn't it?

unfortunetly

It's been quite a while. Would be nice to see.

Wed Oct 11, 2006 Coyotes 2 - Detroit 9

Tue Dec 5, 2006 Blues 1 - Detroit 5

Thu Dec 28, 2006 Blue Jackets 4 - Detroit 7

Sun Feb 11, 2007 Flames 4 - Detroit 7

Would be nice to see a game like that!

The lack of consistency and assuredness that we can score when needed is a worry, to me. Every 6-8 games, they pull out 5 or 6 or 7 goals, a couple of times. There was that ridiculous 9-2 game in early October vs. Phoenix - but that was a fluke, obviously. :hehe:

The majority of the Wings' wins and losses are by a goal or two. When the Wings simply don't generate more than one, it obviously requires the goalie to pull off a shut out to win. If things don't change, that ought to make for an interesting playoff.