• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

Which of the retired jerseys is the least worthy?

Rate this topic

I'd say delvecchio. i've only seen one of them play, but i do know he was a poor replacement for sid abel.

here are your choices.

IPB Image

Credit goes to redwinger4747 for the question.

also gordie howe really lacked a physical presence, i think if he played today, we should call up booter to play on his line

Delvecchio played 24 god damn seasons with Detroit... Sid Abel did virtually half of what Delvecchio did with the the Wings, statistically and seasons played. Shame on all of you.

Delvecchio played 24 god damn seasons with Detroit... Sid Abel did virtually half of what Delvecchio did with the the Wings, statistically and seasons played. Shame on all of you.

i agree. delvecchio was also captain for a dozen seasons. he was yzerman before yzerman.

You know what sucks? This thread.

I'm very sorry about the quality of my thread, Mr Systemfel. Please know that i meant no disrespect towards messrs Abel, Lindsay, Sawchuk, Delvecchio, Yzerman and Howe.

sar·casm (sär'kÄÂz'É™m) Pronunciation Key

n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

"sarcasm." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. 30 Mar. 2007. <Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm>.

I'm very sorry about the quality of my thread, Mr Systemfel. Please know that i meant no disrespect towards messrs Abel, Lindsay, Sawchuk, Delvecchio, Yzerman and Howe.

n.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

"sarcasm." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. 30 Mar. 2007. <Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm>.

ahah :lol:

Thanks for a good laugh.

n.

HAHAHAHA, all I could do is laugh when I saw this thread. Personally, I think we should unretire Gordie's #. He was marginal at best...haha

Sid Abel.

I've always felt what Abel did was just a cut below that honor. I think he only received it due to the 'retirement kick' the Wings went on in the early 90s, when they re-retired Delvecchio's number 10, and that spurred off Abel, Lindsay, and Sawchuk's numbers being hung. It was 'wrong' to have Delvecchio without Lindsay, and 'wrong' to have Howe and Lindsay without Delvecchio.

Realistically, Yzerman, Howe, Delvecchio, and Sawchuk are the only numbers I would have hung. Lindsay was greater than Delvecchio, but played many years in another city and didn't even come close to Delvecchio's continued performance as a Wing.

Some think the Wings have too many numbers retired. 6 is nothing compared to Montreals 12.

With the obvious exception of Yzerman, I was not alive during the period of time these guys played. But when I look back at the great careers they all had, what they meant to the Wings during those years, and all else considered, every one of those players deserves to have their number retired.

Hahaha, wow Im glad to be of influence and sad I didn't see this thread sooner. I'll go one further and rank them with 1 being the best.

1. Howe

2. Yzerman

3. Lindsay

4. Sawchuck

5. Delvecchio

6. Abel

and with Lidstrom (who will be among them soon (hopefully not too soon)

1. Howe

2. Yzerman

3. Lindsay

4. Lidstrom

5. Sawchuck

6. Delvecchio

7. Abel

The fact that these people had their numbers retired means you really shouldn't disrespect them with a question like this...

... Abel.

I know, I was using it as sarcasm when I originally asked it. But since people wanted to actually discuss Ill offer my answer but seriously, they are ALL VERY DESERVING, so I mean no disrespect

Yzerman hands down.

I mea, what did the guy do anyway ?

Is this thread for real ?

Players who have dedicated their heart and soul to the Detroit Red Wings for the bigger part of their lives and we are really going to question if the honour they got is justified ???

Have we lost our ******* minds ????

This thread is a disgrace.