• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Detroit Vs Calgary Predictions

Rate this topic

Guest tangstoiggy

Bertuzzi vs. Iginla, I can't wait

Flames no all about Bertuzzi, he was in the same Division... No problem with the Flames shutting him down

as for Z, how good will he be when returning after an injury

Going to be a great series

Flames in 6 - no doubt in my mind

If the WIngs under estimate the Flames....they will be in trouble

Season stats mean nothing in the Playoffs

wow we're in the exact same situation

living here in calgary all i've heard lately is "kipper is in playoff form" junk when he realy doesn't look it-it sounds more like they're telling it to themselves. he's had really good games but it seems like his bad moments are really bad and are easily forgotten.

I disagree. Kipper seems to thrive under pressure. Playoffs are just his game.

The last 10 games have been his best hockey of the season.

I agree.

Guest tangstoiggy

People in my office are wondering what the hell I am laughing at. HILARIOUS!!!

Wingz in 7. Just plz shut dowNiggy.

Not just Iggy

Wings better worry more about

Langkow, Huslius, and Tanguay,

David Moss has proven to be a true goal scorer also

Like Flames of past season, Iginla is not the only one to shutdown on that team anymore

Not to mention breaking thru the defense of Stuart\Regehr, Warrener\Hale, Phaneuf\Hamrlik

and then you need to get it Past Kipper, who when need be, stands on his head.

This isnt going to be an easy series for either team...and it will be a hard hitting battle the whole way,.

Hopefully Hasek doesn't pull his little Flip Flop all over the place to try and get a penalty, like he did the last time the Wings were in Calgary

It was hilarious though :D

Edited by tangstoiggy

For all of the well-deserved talk about Datsyuk and Zetterberg, the most important player on the Red Wings is still #5. Maybe Lidstrom gets slightly overlooked because we all just expect greatness from him, but his play and leadership will dictate how long this playoff run lasts. Go Red Wings!

Well said. I couldn't agree more. Pronger out-played Lidstrom last year, and that was a major factor, along with the obvious methods used to beat the Wings in the playoffs. I'm glad the boys don't start until Thursday, as I'd like Bert and Hank to get as much time to get ready as possible.

Go Red Wings!

Flames no all about Bertuzzi, he was in the same Division... No problem with the Flames shutting him down

as for Z, how good will he be when returning after an injury

Going to be a great series

Flames in 6 - no doubt in my mind

If the WIngs under estimate the Flames....they will be in trouble

Season stats mean nothing in the Playoffs

Bertuzzi isn't the Wings' go-to guy like he was in Vancouver. The Flames are going to have their hands full with the best line in hockey. Bertuzzi is just a compliment to punish the Flames defense and chip in some offense against the Flames weaker pairings.

The Wings aren't going to be underestimating anyone. They know the pressure is on to get out of the first round and they're not going to take the Flames lightly. This is the type of matchup they've been preparing for all year. When they Wings are on their game they can absolutely smother teams.

Edited by ARice89

Not just Iggy

Like Flames of past season, Iginla is not the only one to shutdown on that team anymore

Not to mention breaking thru the defense of Stuart\Regehr, Warrener\Hale, Phaneuf\Hamrlik

and then you need to get it Past Kipper, who when need be, stands on his head.

This isnt going to be an easy series for either team...and it will be a hard hitting battle the whole way,.

Hopefully Hasek doesn't pull his little Flip Flop all over the place to try and get a penalty, like he did the last time the Wings were in Calgary

It was hilarious though :D

I didn't mean that he was the only one we have to shut down, i am just hopeNiggy has a ruff series.

Flames in 6 games.

Im also going Calgary in 6. However, im not nearly as confident in this pick as i was in 04 or wouldve been last season had they met. The Flames havent been the same physically this year, and they'll need to dial that back up. Im saying they will, and after the series people will be pointing alot of fingers at Schneider and Chelios as being significant reasons for the loss.

Guest tangstoiggy

Bertuzzi isn't the Wings' go-to guy like he was in Vancouver. The Flames are going to have their hands full with the best line in hockey. Bertuzzi is just a compliment to punish the Flames defense and chip in some offense against the Flames weaker pairings.

The Wings aren't going to be underestimating anyone. They know the pressure is on to get out of the first round and they're not going to take the Flames lightly. This is the type of matchup they've been preparing for all year. When they Wings are on their game they can absolutely smother teams.

As the wings will have their hands full also, the Flames have a few goal scorers also, (And when on their game they can smother also) .....not just Iggy to shut down anymore

as for the Defense. The Stuart\Regehr pairing, seems to shutdown lines pretty well.

As for Bertuzzi, The Flames no all about Bert and what he is capable of. Come sfrom being in the Same division for so long

Maybe the change has made Bert a better player, but his last two seasons in Vancouver, he was no threat to the Flames.

Warrener has been known to throw some pretty good hits on Bert also. Hit him so hard one time, his helmet flew off..it was hilarious :D

Flames fans probably can;t wait to Boo Bert in the Dome, its been awhile ;)

anyway,, heres to a good, clean hard fought battle between to well deserving teams

I didn't mean that he was the only one we have to shut down, i am just hopeNiggy has a ruff series.

I know, actually Iggy has had one of his best seasons scoring wise. If it wouldn't of been for the few weeks he missed with his knee injury, he would be right up at the top in points.

But we all know how he can turn it up in the Playoffs, as can Kipper.

Those 2 actually play much better when under pressure or pushed to do so.

This was a great board in the 04 run, so had to swing by again. Lots of great posts still.

If there is a way to flip the switch and start performing, this is without doubt the best team Calgary's had in almost 20 years. They could be scary good.

'Could be' teams don't seem to fare well in the playoffs though. Personally I think the wings wil take this fairly quickly. I think the games will be pretty hard fought but the Flames seem to find ways to lose this year. I also think Iginla and Phaneuf might be too fired up, and end up running around.

Should be good games anyway.

PS - how do you change your handle on here?

Niggy? That's classy.

I respect the flames, but I don't fear them.

You guys did get conroy back as he helped in 2004, but forgot to get one more guy. Martin Gelinas.

Only this time we have our own version of Martin Gelinas. Kyle Calder.

And in game 6 when he scores in overtime you won't see any flames coming out of the flamethrower machine or the annoying sound of that goal horn. Its gonna be Calder netting the silencer, and sending everyone home.

Wings in 6.

Edited by Mighty Wings

Not just Iggy

Those guys scare me a mile away compared to Iginla. He's a proven force anytime in hockey, playoffs or not, he's their capitan and arguably their hardest worker. I think if Lidstrom, his paired d-man, and Hasek can shut down their first line, the team can do the rest. A lot of this teams hope relies on Hasek and the defense. We have a capable offense to win the close games.

Langkow, Huslius, Tanguay, Moss are decent goal scorers, but I'd be more worried about defensive play if I was Calgary. I think a lot of these games will be one goal games, some unfortunately, decided by officiating.....

As for Bertuzzi, The Flames no all about Bert and what he is capable of. Come sfrom being in the Same division for so long

I don't get what you mean by this. The Predators know who Zetterberg is. They see him eight times a year and it makes it no easier for them to shut him down.

I'm revising my decision as I'm thinking Datsyuk will be a non-factor and one either Bertuzzi or Zetterberg will sadly end up missing some key games or be forced to play at something far less than 100%.

Calgary in 7. Love the Wings and all but I gotta stay realistic and this is just the way I see things going.

I'm hoping for the Wings. :blush: I'm a Canucks fan so naturally I hate the Flames with a passion... let's see 'em doused! I'm also a Bert fan and I hope he turns it on for you guys in the playoffs this year.

Edited by vintagecanuck

With all of these predictions for this series, one would think they were at a Flames forum. I mean shouldn't all Red Wings fans believe that they are going to win? What's the point in watching if you assume they are going to lose? I know recent history should give us all doubts about these playoffs, but let's have some faith in this team. I respect everyone's own personal predictions, but it doesn't seem right to ever pick against the Red Wings. Stanley Cup #11 is coming to Hockeytown, Believe!

Edited by GoWings1905

With all of these predictions for this series, one would think they were at a Flames forum. I mean shouldn't all Red Wings fans believe that they are going to win? What's the point in watching if you assume they are going to lose? I know recent history should give us all doubts about these playoffs, but let's have some faith in this team. I respect everyone's own personal predicitions, but it doesn't seem right to ever pick against the Red Wings. Stanley Cup #11 is coming to Hockeytown, Believe!

:clap: