• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Detroit Vs Calgary Predictions

Rate this topic

With all of these predictions for this series, one would think they were at a Flames forum. I mean shouldn't all Red Wings fans believe that they are going to win? What's the point in watching if you assume they are going to lose? I know recent history should give us all doubts about these playoffs, but let's have some faith in this team. I respect everyone's own personal predicitions, but it doesn't seem right to ever pick against the Red Wings. Stanley Cup #11 is coming to Hockeytown, Believe!

lol, over at the Flames forum there is a ton of negativity too.

Its just common nature to think the worst. The 1st round is the scariest one because you never know what team is going to come out to play.

Its just common nature to think the worst. The 1st round is the scariest one because you never know what team is going to come out to play.

The flames forum , I rember when Colorado was hot on your tail and all flames fans jsut gave up , Well theres always next year , I hope joe sakic breaks his toe , STOP WINNING AVS !!

Is it that negative over there now too ?

i guess if you assume the worst you cant be disappointed right? hahaha

Jiggy - I agree that the first round is the scariest round, but I still find it surprising the level of doubt on here. I could never in my life imagine not believing the Red Wings were going to win, but that's just me. Best of luck to the Flames in this series, it should be a terrific battle.

Edited by GoWings1905

Jiggy - I agree that the first round is the scariest round, but I still find it surprising the level of doubt on here. I could never in my life imagine not believing the Red Wings were going to win, but that's me. Best of luck to the Flames in this series, it should be a terrific battle.

your optimism makes me smile :)

With all of these predictions for this series, one would think they were at a Flames forum. I mean shouldn't all Red Wings fans believe that they are going to win? What's the point in watching if you assume they are going to lose? I know recent history should give us all doubts about these playoffs, but let's have some faith in this team. I respect everyone's own personal predictions, but it doesn't seem right to ever pick against the Red Wings. Stanley Cup #11 is coming to Hockeytown, Believe!

Awesome post! :clap:

This series will be determined by officiating. If the playoffs are called as they should be, then wings in 5. If the refs allow felonious assault on the ice, then flames in 7

You expect these playoffs to be any different than the last?

Think of the last 10 games of the year.

Cut the calls by 1/3, get the picture?

They should rename the playoffs, WWF on Ice.

im just so excited for this series.

but obviously the Wings cannot play like they did when they met last time.

they got knocked around.

but this is a different team.

ps.

im already annoyed by the calgary trashing of the Wings on their board.

things like "the Wings have such an inflated record cause they play st. louis, columbus, chicago etc"

man...

im just so ready to watch some good hockey on thursday.

Flames no all about Bertuzzi, he was in the same Division... No problem with the Flames shutting him down

as for Z, how good will he be when returning after an injury

Going to be a great series

Flames in 6 - no doubt in my mind

If the WIngs under estimate the Flames....they will be in trouble

Season stats mean nothing in the Playoffs

There is no way that the Wings underestimate anyone after the last few year's debacles

This is the first year EVER that I think that Detroit will lose a playoff series

So this means you thought we would win in 2003, '04, and '06, right?

:sly:

Edited by ARice89

Im also going Calgary in 6. However, im not nearly as confident in this pick as i was in 04 or wouldve been last season had they met. The Flames havent been the same physically this year, and they'll need to dial that back up. Im saying they will, and after the series people will be pointing alot of fingers at Schneider and Chelios as being significant reasons for the loss.

I'm not as confident, either. I'm giving the Flames a lot of credit for being able to turn it up when they need to. But they kind of did need to during this past few weeks as the Avalanche made their run, and the Flames didn't look like they had another gear. But hey, they made it to the dance, so they obviously did enough.

I do think the dependence on a really old defense corps, as good as they may be, will be an achilles heel for the Red Wings. Calgary's forwards will forecheck and just try to punish those guys and grind them down over the course of the series. So I can't argue with your choices for series scapegoats, either.

You expect these playoffs to be any different than the last?

Think of the last 10 games of the year.

Cut the calls by 1/3, get the picture?

They should rename the playoffs, WWF on Ice.

that's what i am afraid of. The amount of interference and obstruction that has crept back into the game is disappointing, while still calling ticky-tack hooking penalties. NHL officiating is a complete joke, but that's a diff thread.

With all of these predictions for this series, one would think they were at a Flames forum. I mean shouldn't all Red Wings fans believe that they are going to win? What's the point in watching if you assume they are going to lose? I know recent history should give us all doubts about these playoffs, but let's have some faith in this team. I respect everyone's own personal predictions, but it doesn't seem right to ever pick against the Red Wings. Stanley Cup #11 is coming to Hockeytown, Believe!

Well said I couldn't agree with you more!!!!! You gotta believe in this team. They are totaly driven this year!! LETS GO RED WINGS!!!! LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!! LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

The flames forum , I rember when Colorado was hot on your tail and all flames fans jsut gave up , Well theres always next year , I hope joe sakic breaks his toe , STOP WINNING AVS !!

Is it that negative over there now too ?

I should say that when I said flames forum, I of course meant www.calgarypuck.com. The other "official" site is nothing but a joke.

But no, its not as negative as it was a while ago...its better. But you'll find pessemism anywhere it seems.

I should say that when I said flames forum, I of course meant www.calgarypuck.com. The other "official" site is nothing but a joke.

But no, its not as negative as it was a while ago...its better. But you'll find pessemism anywhere it seems.

Hah , the official site is a laugh , They all like the flames , but they think so lowly of them.

Sorta like most of the wings fans on this site lately :sly:

Them Flames is missing one key ingredient. Heart. When you have no heart you can't go too far.

Red Wings in 6.

Calgary is far too flip-floppy about their play and I can't see any way they win in Joe Louis.

I like this article. We've known all along Hasek came aboard to solidify our goaltending for the playoffs, but to see him talk about it is reassuring. He's had his highs and lows this season, but it's been plain to see these last few weeks he's been tooling up for the playoffs. This guy is gonna be a beast; a healthy and motivated Hasek is the biggest difference between this and last year's team.

And if the Wings do make a deep run, I have this feeling that Franzen is gonna be a big part of it. I like this guy as a playoff performer.

Wings take the first game as they pepper kipper for the duration of the first. Shots are around 15-5, and the score is 2-0. Flames doggedly try to change the momentum and score one on the PP. The wings answer the reply with a PPG of their own and head into the 2nd int. up 3-1. Stellar defence from the wings in the third is the difference, we get one late which sets up for a great last few mins but the wings hit the yawning cage (sans kipper :P) and the final is 4-2.

Not so much ridiculous predictions for the rest of the series but this is how i see it going down.

Game 2 OT, flames take it 4-3 with a spirited effort spearheaded by our ferocious captain.

Game 3-4 Split at the dome

Game 5 The flames energy led by Matt Lombardi sets up a 2nd int lead. Flames finish strong with another win at the JOe (yes i'm reaching but feel the flames will give detroit fits on the forecheck.....i hope :)

Game 6 Energy at the 'Dome is deafening, and the flames and wings play an incredibly chippy, emotion-fueled game.

A higher intensity is felt by all in the arena, and the wings take a 2-1 advantage into the 2nd int. after some ridiculous goaltending by Hasek.

Go Flames Go!!!! chants fill the Saddledome in the 3rd and sloppy defensive coverage by the wings results in a 5-3 powerplay. Dion Phaneuf fakes the bomb from the point and sets up a wide open Alex Tanguay for the tying goal on a beautiful feed for the one-timer.

The game goes into double overtime and both teams are labouring, but adrenaline levels are still high. Chippy Saddledome ice leads to the series winning goal by Kristian Huselius who turns a fortuitous bounce off the center ice boards into a partial breakaway, shelving a snap shot over Hasek's glove.

............ a man can dream can't he?

This series will be awesome.

Enjoy it everyone :D