• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

Along with others, I'm sick of hearing the bashing. The bitching and moaning is old. Alot on here overreact to the extreme. Reading some posts you'd thing the Wings are down in the series, Lids is the new Rory, and Hasek should be sat out for game 4. Give it a break, Langs been getting the Lilja treatment for a while now. Everyone bashed and bashed Lilja, I'll tell you what, he played about his best game of the entire year in game 3 and was one of the best Dmen out there. It came out of nowhere, and when Lang picks it up, most of ya'll will be jocking him again. I'm pleasntly surprised no one has really turned on Z yet. When Lang scores or nets a game winner, ya'll will gladly eat your crow, don't you ever get sick of that?

Edited by bringback91

I'm pleasntly surprised no one has really turned on Z yet.

Untrue. Even Zetterberg was criticized after Game 3. It was bulls*** though, as I don't think he really deserved it. He played great in the other games.

It just goes to show that, here at LGW, nobody is ammune to criticism. Jeez, sometimes I think we sound like Leafs fans the way we come down on some of the players. Sometimes it is deserved, like with Lang. Other times though, like with Zetterberg, it isn't.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Untrue. Even Zetterberg was criticized after Game 3. It was bulls*** though, as I don't think he really deserved it. He played great in the other games.

It just goes to show that, here at LGW, nobody is ammune to criticism. Jeez, sometimes I think we sound like Leafs fans the way we come down on some of the players. Sometimes it is deserved, like with Lang. Other times though, like with Zetterberg, it isn't.

I think Z's looked slow and not very Z like in all of the games. He's had flashes of times where he's looked like himself but that's it.

HOWEVER, it's not critism so much, because I GET that he came off of an injury, and he might not be 100%. Even if he is all better being off that long will cause you to miss a step. Everyone thought he'd come back and score 5 goals right away, but it's just common sense that it's going to be a process.

I think Z's looked slow and not very Z like in all of the games. He's had flashes of times where he's looked like himself but that's it.

HOWEVER, it's not critism so much, because I GET that he came off of an injury, and he might not be 100%. Even if he is all better being off that long will cause you to miss a step. Everyone thought he'd come back and score 5 goals right away, but it's just common sense that it's going to be a process.

That's the problem. If he doesn't score 5 or so goals a game, he's considered a non factor. Everyone forgets how great he played, especially in Game 1, for being gone so long from the back injury. This is what one loss can do to people.

That's the problem. If he doesn't score 5 or so goals a game, he's considered a non factor. Everyone forgets how great he played, especially in Game 1, for being gone so long from the back injury. This is what one loss can do to people.

Yeah, that's expanded to more than a few Wings in the past. criticzims fine, bashing is stupid.

Well, that's true. He's been playing okay, but not Z-like. In game 1 everyone was saying how great he was. We were at the game and he looked like he'd lost a few steps, was easily thrown off the puck, missing passes, tentative. I dunno. Honestly I haven't seen much critisism of Z, just speculation as to if he's still injured...which I think he is. Maybe not enough to sit out, but not 100% either.

I think Z's looked slow and not very Z like in all of the games. He's had flashes of times where he's looked like himself but that's it. HOWEVER, it's not critism so much, because I GET that he came off of an injury, and he might not be 100%.

I'm absolutely certain that Zetterberg is not anywhere near 100%, it's just that the pain/discomfort associated with his injury is at a tolerable level right now. Unfortunately, though his timing may come back I think that his back will continue to slowly deteriorate over the duration of the playoffs.

I've said it in other threads, but it bears repeating: At this point I'd be surprised -- shocked, possibly -- if he doesn't have surgery on it. (If it wasn't so late in the season and the injury occurred in, say November, I think he would've ultimately had surgery on it. But that's speculating on my part.)

I'm absolutely certain that Zetterberg is not anywhere near 100%, it's just that the pain/discomfort associated with his injury is at a tolerable level right now. Unfortunately, though his timing may come back I think that his back will continue to slowly deteriorate over the duration of the playoffs.

I've said it in other threads, but it bears repeating: At this point I'd be surprised -- shocked, possibly -- if he doesn't have surgery on it. (If it wasn't so late in the season and the injury occurred in, say November, I think he would've ultimately had surgery on it. But that's speculating on my part.)

I was completely worried about it before he came back. Game 1 of the playoffs is *too* suspect to be that he's not 100%. Wow, a hockey miracle, he got better right in time for the playoffs...I think not. He wasn't even sure what was wrong with him by the end of the season.

I think he's been okay, but I don't get why everyone's thinking he's playing so great. He's obviously still somewhat injured, and you might be right on that...if he gets worse his play won't improve...it'll also deteriorate. I'm starting to think that he (and maybe Bert, too) should get less minutes until they look better.

I'm starting to think that he (and maybe Bert, too) should get less minutes until they look better.

An excellent proposition if the club held onto that lead in Game 3, but we're not in a position for such luxuries, unfortunately.

Regarding Lang: As much as he deserves to sit -- it won't happen. He brings too much to the table, unfortunately. Size, excellent passing skills... Though it's hard to imagine, I think the 2nd line gets worse without him. So we'll just have deal with him and hope he "wakes up".

He's a streaky player and I find it hard to believe that he won't -- at some point in this series -- have a big impact. Perhaps with the man-advantage tonight?

An excellent proposition if the club held onto that lead in Game 3, but we're not in a position for such luxuries, unfortunately.

Regarding Lang: As much as he deserves to sit -- it won't happen. He brings too much to the table, unfortunately. Size, excellent passing skills... Though it's hard to imagine, I think the 2nd line gets worse without him. So we'll just have deal with him and hope he "wakes up".

He's a streaky player and I find it hard to believe that he won't -- at some point in this series -- have a big impact. Perhaps with the man-advantage tonight?

You are right, Babs would be afraid to put down his icetime for fear he might do something. I think it would be smarter to give someone who is putting up points more icetime. Put Flip up to the line with Dats and Homer, and put Hudler back with Lang and Calder...that line was on fire and scored many timely goals. Z and Bert should have pretty much 4th line status until they look better. That's NOT a knock on either player. I love Z and Bert. I don't want to see them get further injured, however.

I also pretty much agree about Lang...and I think if he was back with Hudler that would help him. They communicate well on and off the ice.

IIRC Lang had either the most giveaways for the Wings or the League during this last regular season.

Seems like I read that on freep.com or detnews.com, hmmm can't seem to find that stat on nhl.com though.

I wonder who keeps that stat?

Lang hasn't played great hockey to say the least. But I like him centering the line with Bert and Calder. This would make line 2 such a contrast from the 1st line. I also want to see Hudler on the 4th line with Flip and Franzen. That line brings so much energy and is very difficult to play against. Keep lines 1 and 3 the same. No will I see this? Of course not, Babcock seems to like Sammy for some reason.

Lang may be third on that list in giveaways, but when it comes to crucial giveaways, he probably takes the cake. I mean there's guys like Jagr, Thornton, Kovalchuk, St. Louis, and Ovechkin. Those guys like to handle the puck in the offensive zone alot, thus over 50% of the time the puck will be taken away, it's nature. Lang gets the puck taken away in crucial moments, and in crucial areas, like deep in the neutral zone, and in the defensive zone.

Edited by BeeRYCE

Guest LivingtheDream

Along with others, I'm sick of hearing the bashing. The bitching and moaning is old. Alot on here overreact to the extreme. Reading some posts you'd thing the Wings are down in the series, Lids is the new Rory, and Hasek should be sat out for game 4. Give it a break, Langs been getting the Lilja treatment for a while now. Everyone bashed and bashed Lilja, I'll tell you what, he played about his best game of the entire year in game 3 and was one of the best Dmen out there. It came out of nowhere, and when Lang picks it up, most of ya'll will be jocking him again. I'm pleasntly surprised no one has really turned on Z yet. When Lang scores or nets a game winner, ya'll will gladly eat your crow, don't you ever get sick of that?

Well I get sick of watching Lang skate and play in slow motion, all regular season and now especially in the playoffs. I'm also sick of people sticking up for a guy making 4 million and playing like he is vacation. won't buy this. "It's his style and he just looks slow and lazy." That is such crap. Any fan in the world knows jump and heart when they see it. Cleary is a perfect example. I want players who give us much as Cleary gave the other day. Anything less is not enough. Anything much less is despicable. Lang's play isn't just bad, it is shameful and disrespects the uniform. Sammy is just a no talent hack.

P.S. Lilja may have played great, but he was out of position on the second goal and blew it.

Guest Crymson

I used to be a Lang supporter, but I just can't do it anymore. He COULD have tied the game, who knows what could have happened IF he actually got a shot off late in the 3rd. Instead, just like his "breakaway" in game 2, he reverted to the pace of a snail and botched any chance of success. BENCH HIM, PLEASE!

I am burning with hate for Robert Lang. He is paid $5m per year, and for that amount of money he refuses to skate at maximum speed, refuses to hit, refuses to be the one who goes for the puck, is clumsy with the puck, is careless with te puck--to the tune of being top 5 in the league in giveaways--will not snap the puck, and, in fact, refuses to do move quickly on anything.

I'd honestly like to bench him for good. I dislike Samuelsson's play, and I disliked Willy's, because they cannot/could not score. However, I do respect them, because it is clear that they work hard; for example, though Sammy's slowness certainly frustrates me, he does not skate slowly deliberately. He is just slow as is.

Lang, meanwhile, actively plays below his potential. He is lazy. He does not put in his all. This infuriates me to an incredible degree, especially given how much the guy is paid. Hell, $100K is a lot of money. This guy gets millions, and he won't give his all. It's utterly despicable. It makes me burn.

I want him benched. No matter his talent, somebody who is willing to put in his all will do much more than will Lang. I imagine Lang's laziness drags down Sammy and Calder as well; who wants to work hard when your center, because he is lazy, by default assigns you a greater share of the work?

F*** you, Langer. I like Babcock, and I think he's got great qualities, but I feel one of his shortcomings is not knowing when to bench one of his normally "top" players. That player should be you. I don't know you manage to bear being so utterly irresponsible.

Opinions?

I'd rather see LangFELD than Lang again. Hell, I'd rather see Karen Newman suit up before Lang.

As much as I now hate Lang, I REALLY do not want to see "Mr. space-filler" Langfeld on the ice.

Yeah, this guy's a clown and a half. Turn him over, he's D-U-N.

We agree again, and oddly enough the two of us supported Lang throughout the first 50% of the season. W00t...

you complain about Lang being lackluster and really hurting us and yet you continue to put Zetterberg (most amount of shots on the team WITHOUT a point) out there on the first line with NO PRODUCTION whatsoever in these past three games? But alas its Lang so its okay to pin EVERYTHING going wrong on him. Hell, it's actually sort of refreashing to see that one player getting blamed for the bad play is not the GOALTENDER so far this year! It's nice to see fans actually scapegoating another player besides the Goalie... it really is.

I've gotta laugh in your face on this note, because Zetterberg has had several amazing chances that he made out of nothing. Only the fact that Kiprusoff is a Vezina-class goalie has kept him off of the board and, as others have said, Lang is 100% while Zetts is NOT. Also, Zetterberg does NOT turn over the puck, he makes plays that have lead to Datsyuk goals, and he is fabulous on defense.

Edited by Crymson

Well I get sick of watching Lang skate and play in slow motion, all regular season and now especially in the playoffs. I'm also sick of people sticking up for a guy making 4 million and playing like he is vacation. won't buy this. "It's his style and he just looks slow and lazy." That is such crap. Any fan in the world knows jump and heart when they see it. Cleary is a perfect example. I want players who give us much as Cleary gave the other day. Anything less is not enough. Anything much less is despicable. Lang's play isn't just bad, it is shameful and disrespects the uniform. Sammy is just a no talent hack.

P.S. Lilja may have played great, but he was out of position on the second goal and blew it.

I get what your saying and I respect your opinion. Do I think he's overpaid? For sure. He does bug me sometimes with his play or "lack of effort". But I refuse to jump all over the guy and rip him apart as many do as witnessed by the numerous "lang is lazy and he sucks" threads. Hell, if anything I'm pulling more for the guy than anyone else on the team. Fact is the Wings need this guy to step up if they want to win, same as Lilja. Lilja has done it, so I see no reason why Lang can't. I just can't be that guy that rips and rips on someone then jumps out of my seat when they score the game winning (or big) goal for my team. Sammy needs to pick it up as well, but he's got heart and he's streaky, hopefully he gets on a hot streak starting tonight.

That goal was on a s***ty call. Besides, a future hall of famer didn't look too sweet either.

Also, Zetterberg does NOT turn over the puck, he makes plays that have lead to Datsyuk goals,

Strictly speaking (as I have been so far about Zeta) his post season has been far from perfect and far from his normal play. Before the injury, sure he was feeding dats and not turning over the puck... Coming back in the first three games... He has been knocked off of the puck in several instances and which of the two goals dats scored did Zeta's Steller play lead to? His unassisted one or the one where Holmer assisted on it alone? I got a little chuckle myself with you thinking Zetterberg is playing like he used to, so far in the playoffs. :) So we both get a little laughter to lighten the day!

Zeta is a great player... right now, not so much! he's still hurt it is obvious to anyone at the game. I never expected much out of him coming into the playoffs with out playing for a month, much the same with Dats in the seasons pasts. Injuries take a huge toll on a player, and it takes many games to get back in stride. Would I have loved Zeta to come into the games and just dominate.. sure as hell.... was it at all a reality... sure as hell not.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest LivingtheDream

I get what your saying and I respect your opinion. Do I think he's overpaid? For sure. He does bug me sometimes with his play or "lack of effort". But I refuse to jump all over the guy and rip him apart as many do as witnessed by the numerous "lang is lazy and he sucks" threads. Hell, if anything I'm pulling more for the guy than anyone else on the team. Fact is the Wings need this guy to step up if they want to win, same as Lilja. Lilja has done it, so I see no reason why Lang can't. I just can't be that guy that rips and rips on someone then jumps out of my seat when they score the game winning (or big) goal for my team. Sammy needs to pick it up as well, but he's got heart and he's streaky, hopefully he gets on a hot streak starting tonight.

That goal was on a s***ty call. Besides, a future hall of famer didn't look too sweet either.

Sorry buddy, I was just venting. It's just that when a team has success in the post season it is with players who go compltely 100% out every single shift. Seeing Lang play as he has for so long is I do hope he pulls it together tonight. Since your name says this, I think comparing Feds to Lang is absurd.

I am burning with hate for Robert Lang. He is paid $5m per year, and for that amount of money he refuses to skate at maximum speed, refuses to hit, refuses to be the one who goes for the puck, is clumsy with the puck, is careless with te puck--to the tune of being top 5 in the league in giveaways--will not snap the puck, and, in fact, refuses to do move quickly on anything.

I'd honestly like to bench him for good. I dislike Samuelsson's play, and I disliked Willy's, because they cannot/could not score. However, I do respect them, because it is clear that they work hard; for example, though Sammy's slowness certainly frustrates me, he does not skate slowly deliberately. He is just slow as is.

Lang, meanwhile, actively plays below his potential. He is lazy. He does not put in his all. This infuriates me to an incredible degree, especially given how much the guy is paid. Hell, $100K is a lot of money. This guy gets millions, and he won't give his all. It's utterly despicable. It makes me burn.

I want him benched. No matter his talent, somebody who is willing to put in his all will do much more than will Lang. I imagine Lang's laziness drags down Sammy and Calder as well; who wants to work hard when your center, because he is lazy, by default assigns you a greater share of the work?

F*** you, Langer. I like Babcock, and I think he's got great qualities, but I feel one of his shortcomings is not knowing when to bench one of his normally "top" players. That player should be you. I don't know you manage to bear being so utterly irresponsible.

Opinions?

You win the LGW Conn Smyth for this post. I agree to all aspects. With all the money Lang makes, he should play at least half way decent. But he doesn't, because he is the laziest player in league.

I will say it again, Lang is undoubtably the worst player on the Wings right now. You can all hate on Samulesson, but he is just naturally not that great of a player. Lang could be a good player, but chooses not too. It really confuses me why he is so lazy.