• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-Game 5 (5/5): Red Wings 4, Sharks 1

Rate this topic

Notice, if you will, the strategic positioning of the Belle Tire guy's hand in relation to McLaren's body position. Does that not look rather funny? ;)

Edited by Kira

Just got home from the game, great effort even missing Schneider who I didn't know was injured until I heard it on the radio. Thought I missed him but was so caught up in the game I didn't notice. The energy in the Joe was great even after they scored first, it always sounds less loud on TV.

Bury them in game 6, Go wings!!!

It's weird saying this, but the reason the Red Wings are in the position they are now is because of their special teams play.

If there's one area in this series where the Red Wings have utterly dominated, it's that.

... Still seems odd after having middle-of-the-pack special teams units all season.

So Sharks fans are claiming that the first goal for the Wings never actually crossed the line.

I find that quite funny...

i read that too, id like to see a video of it, i didnt actually see it cause i was away doing something

Homer's return has been the death knell of the Sharks. It's no coincidence the Wings have had 4 PPGs in the two games since his return. Losing Matt hurts, but if the ZDH line stays hot it will significantly lessen the blow. There's the power play.

Draper and Cleary are just fiends PKing up front, and Cheli is Cheli out back. The 9-4 holocaust of January is quickly forgotten as the fading Sharks power play stays in its slump.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

It's weird saying this, but the reason the Red Wings are in the position they are now is because of their special teams play.

If there's one area in this series where the Red Wings have utterly dominated, it's that.

... Still seems odd after having middle-of-the-pack special teams units all season.

yeah, especially this game. when they cycled the puck a bit down low instead of always going back up to the point for a shot they had good success, hopefully that carries into the next game and the rest of the playoffs if we keep going.

i read that too, id like to see a video of it, i didnt actually see it cause i was away doing something

I'll try and find a clip, but I've seen it a couple times because I recorded the game. It went top shelf, slightly in the upper corner, in the net, and then out real quick. It was definitely a goal.

I'll try and find a clip, but I've seen it a couple times because I recorded the game. It went top shelf, slightly in the upper corner, in the net, and then out real quick. It was definitely a goal.

Yep, when I initially saw it, I didn't see it go in...until I saw the angle from behind the net. Then, it could easily be seen that it bounced the twine.

So Sharks fans are claiming that the first goal for the Wings never actually crossed the line.

I find that quite funny...

Didn't matter -- the Sharks put it in neutral near the end of the 1st. It was only a matter of time until it was tied up.

Pretty freakin sad that Sharks fans were all expecting the Sharks to cough up the lead, but it's the truth.

My wife and I went to the game. It was our first playoff game and her first time at the Joe. It couldn't have been any better and more exciting than it was! Anyway we have no voices left right now and I think the Joe sounds a lot quieter on TV than in reality. It was pretty damn loud there!

My wife and I went to the game. It was our first playoff game and her first time at the Joe. It couldn't have been any better and more exciting than it was! Anyway we have no voices left right now and I think the Joe sounds a lot quieter on TV than in reality. It was pretty damn loud there!

TV does JLA no justice.

:clap: What a game!

Loosing Schneids is bad though.. :crazy:

I'm still amazed by Holmi !! Somehow I didn't know what difference he really makes !!

During 2nd period I had this crazy picture of some sharks with NO WATER at my mind :lol::lol::lol:

Awesome game!!

Who said once that octopi don"t eat sharks???

Dats goal was a real killer!! We might see toskala on monday!!!

Bad news for schneider, hope it is not that important!!

Let's take game 6 and eat the ducks too!!!

You've got to be kidding me. I understand sour grapes, but that's just stupid.

The funny thing is is that all goals are reviewed, but only ones that are even questionable are subject to lengthy review. There wasn't even any question about Hank's goal.

What's even funnier is if you read the TSN comments after Game 4, some Sharks fans were complaining that Schneider's OT winner wasn't in either and should have been reviewed (which it was, as was explained).

I was at the game today....

and honestly I don't have words for how truly amazing it was in there tonight. My ears are still ringing. Andddd I don't have a voice left haha. The fans were wonderful, our boys were wonderful, and that score...hell yes. I seriously love being a wings fan haha.

GO WINGS!!! TAKE IT IN 6!!!

Marry me lol