• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

pavyaz19

Suspend Thornton!

Rate this topic

Waaaaaah.

Please, I know you Red Wings fans are used to getting some calls, but this is getting ridiculous.

If you continue to post garbage like that, you won't last very long around here.

Yes, what Thornton did was uncalled for, but honestly, you won't see a play like that result in the suspension of one of the league's best players.

:lol::lol: wait sorry, did you say we're getting away with the calls this series :lol::lol:

Noooo, never. <_<

garbage

I'll save you the comeback. Here you go, enjoy:

Were you describing the Sharks' PP?

Hurts, but it's the truth.

Noooo, never. <_<

I'll save you the comeback. Here you go, enjoy:

Were you describing the Sharks' PP?

Hurts, but it's the truth.

are you so sure its the shakrs PP or the aggresive wings PK with awesome forechecking by Draper and Maltby?

are you so sure its the shakrs PP or the aggresive wings PK with awesome forechecking by Draper and Maltby?

I don't know, but when the PP goes AWOL in successive postseasons....

Kudos to the PK though, but man is it frustrating.

I don't know, but when the PP goes AWOL in successive postseasons....

Kudos to the PK though, but man is it frustrating.

no worries man, our PP had been pretty bad until it seems Homer came to rescue the day, i know it can be frustrating

no worries man, our PP had been pretty bad until it seems Homer came to rescue the day, i know it can be frustrating

What's more frustrating is the fact that they just can't seem to put more than 20:00 of hockey together. Two blown 2-0 leads and then they were in neutral before the end of the 1st today.

Oh great, intermission report on Versus. Where's the remote? I can't watch these highlights...

Guest GordieSid&Ted

haha, whatever, I still think you're an idiot... i think you lose all credibility for calling me a whiner... big deal. the point is this... the slash was just as hard (maybe harder) than the slash put on by McLennan... did you not agree with his suspension as well??? Just because it was his leg and not his gut should have zero relevance. Z was in a defensless position while Thornton gave up the faceoff to slash him, hard. That kind of stickwork is what the NHL should do away with, it has no place in the game. Hence, suspension. If they start letting that kind of stuff go, it's just going to get worse and worse. Which is my point that anyone is an idiot if they don't think Thornton should face punishment for his actions. If I lose credibility, I could care less, i dont want to see anyone get hurt from goonery.

One final statement... and this is for big bad joe... "try that cheap shot when Bertuzzi is on the ice... Dare Ya!"

Yeah, I saw that play. FYI-that's called a 2 minute penalty for slashing. It happens alot in the faceoff dot. The refs missed it, but the refs missing calls is like the sun coming up, it happens every day. The fact that you think its a huge deal and that you call Joe Thornton a goon means you should be banned from the forums for stupidity. It was a slash. You are a troll. Water is wet. Leave the forums and hockey in general and go watch golf. There's no physical play or nastiness there so you're delicate sensitivities are probably better suited to it. Joe Thornton a goon? Hmmm....how many times does a guy whose been nominated for MVP of the league before get dubbed a goon? YOU are the antithesis of credibility. The fact that you don't realize just means you're stupid to boot.

If you have a DVR, go to the faceoff after Grier's penalty and before Holmstrom's PP goal. Aside from EXTREMELY CHEAP... that IS intent to injure. F*** him and his goonery. Is he playing for Calgary. Alert Colin.

(if you don't have a DVR... Thornton was taking the draw against Zetterberg and instead of attempting to win the faceoff, Thornton straight up, two-hand slashed Hank and he went down... then Thornton gave an extra cross check while Hank was down for good measure... The crosscheck is the least of my worries).

Joe Thornton, a goon?

Overrreact much? :lol:

That's not the first time he's done that. He did that in the last game too. In fact, they showed Ron Wilson at practice teaching Thornton how to do that. CHEAP!

This series is starting to sound like the series w/ Calgary when they ended up getting fined a total of $150,000 for their unsportsmanlike conduct. If Zetterberg gets injured I'm really gonna hate the Sharks. :angry:

What.....if the other team starts losing, they start taking cheap shots?!? They give the sport of hockey a bad name. :thumbdown:

This series is starting to sound like the series w/ Calgary when they ended up getting fined a total of $150,000 for their unsportsmanlike conduct. If Zetterberg gets injured I'm really gonna hate the Sharks. :angry:

What.....if the other team starts losing, they start taking cheap shots?!? They give the sport of hockey a bad name. :thumbdown:

If the Sharks were anything like Calgary it would have gotten ugly with 6-8 minutes left in the game.

Plus, RW is too much of a pansy to try to "send a message."

Edited by teal zebra

Plus, RW is too much of a pansy to try to "send a message."

RW said he was sending messages according to the post game interview when he got testy with a reporter, who asked the simple and true question of how to deal with some of the players losing composure toward the end of Game 5.

I think most of this thread is that. Interesting that the SJ fan that pitches in is actually sensible. Weird. :ph34r:

Shouldn't be. Sharks fans are pretty educated. Granted, every team has idiot fans, but they're surprisingly good.

Joe isn't a goon, but he is clearly frustrated, and not a good idea for him to be taking penalties (should they get called) when they got him to score.

I didn't see this. Not during this game, because it was on NBC, not Versus. So was it a previous game? FSN locked out the last Versus broadcast here because they aired it locally, so that might explain it.

Still, I'm having a hard time buying this - it's not as though one really needs to be shown how to cheat like that. If you want to do it, it's pretty obvious how to. It's also not the sort of thing one does when there are cameras around - they aren't stupid. Thorton often tries to push through a face-off, and I can see him practicing that, but practicing how to cheat... in front of a camera... I'll look for the clip, and the accompanying unicorn.

You're right - you didn't. I replied below your quote about the cheating clip, but not to you. Others in this thread have called him dirty and, if you read the subject and the first post (I'm assuming you can read as well), several people have called him dirty and said he should be suspended.

See above. Your lack of respect for me means if we ever meet face-to-face I will not buy the first round.

Again, I replied below your quote but not to you directly. Since you didn't say that either team was cheating I would've hoped that would be obvious. Saying Thorton should be suspended is silly. As I pointed out, anyone who thinks EITHER team in this series is playing cheap is an idiot. I stand by that. Same goes for the Shark's boards - I have no respect for anyone who ******* about this series being slimy, even if your team is losing. This has been a great series, especially after the 2 that these teams came out of. I'd like it even more if I didn't think the Sharks were done for, but even with that in mind there have been some great moments of hockey in this series.

I'm sorry. I assumed when you quoted me you were replying to me.

RW said he was sending messages according to the post game interview when he got testy with a reporter, who asked the simple and true question of how to deal with some of the players losing composure toward the end of Game 5.

Speaking of which...

Did you see the video of RW getting into it with a Nashville reporter during the Preds series? I think it was between Games 3 and 4. It was probably the most animated I've ever seen Ron Wilson here in SJ.

I'll try to find some video but the only place I saw this clip was on the local NBC Sunday night sports show.

Guest Don Corleone

If you have a DVR, go to the faceoff after Grier's penalty and before Holmstrom's PP goal. Aside from EXTREMELY CHEAP... that IS intent to injure. F*** him and his goonery. Is he playing for Calgary. Alert Colin.

(if you don't have a DVR... Thornton was taking the draw against Zetterberg and instead of attempting to win the faceoff, Thornton straight up, two-hand slashed Hank and he went down... then Thornton gave an extra cross check while Hank was down for good measure... The crosscheck is the least of my worries).

Then Lilja should get the same thing for boarding Grier at the horn in the second period.

Then Lilja should get the same thing for boarding Grier at the horn in the second period.

Not that I agree with this thread, but the period wasn't over, and that was nowhere near boarding. Lame comment.

Watch what Thorton does on most of his face offs takes the tip of his blade and pushes the right skate back on the oppisition that could be tripping but it will not be called so it is the playoffs gotta work through it GO WINGS :!: