• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Calder

Rate this topic

I know this has been brought up previously but I am getting a little concerned about his lack of ice time.

The coaching staff have said there is nothing wrong with him and Kyle has stated that as well. But less

than 5 mins in what was a big game by one of our tradeline signings is telling me all is not what it seem's.

He never even saw the ice in the 3rd, has Babs lost confiedence in him or is that hand being proteceted

and given more rest before fridays game? If Kyle has an injury I would sooner us use a fit Rex until he is

ok to go. I understand giving a rookie less than 5 mins in a big playoff game but its got me puzzled with Calder,

thats now less than 16mins in the last 3 games, Rex was given just under 30 mins in 3 vSJ, maybe we may see

a roster change on Fri?

Edited by Andy Pred 48

This is one thing that has been very dissappointing, not Calder's play, but his lack of ice time. When Calder is on the ice, he has been his usual self, going into the corners, hustling, working hard. He just hasn't caught any breaks to get a goal. We all saw what he can do in the regular season, so I think the coaches are losing faith in him way too quickly. I think he is worthy of 11-12 min a game and would use the time to get a few more points. Overall, I really like Calder, I have liked him since we got him and want to resign him, but the coaches unwillingness to play him might prevent that, and for that, I am dissapointed.

I bet he's injured, otherwise I can't believe he'd be struggling this mightily and playing so little. Maybe the coaching staff thinks he's more effective than Hudler anyway...

When he first came he was our best player in several games. After the first couple of games in the Calgary series he hasn't had the same jump and determination on the puck in the corners and around the net. He's also being outplayed by Franzen, Cleary and lately Sammy; meaning that he's behind them in depth and ice time. I did hear a rumour about him having a bad hand, but that shouldn't affect his skating I wouldn't think. If he wants a contract offer from the Wings for next year he needs to step it up and play like he did for the first few games after we acquired him.

I agree though if he is injured then he should sit and Hudler should be in. That last game against the Sharks Bertuzzi was buzzing around the net like a bull in a china shop and Calder got more than a couple close range chances and couldn't bury them. Give Hudler a shot with Bert now that he seems to have his legs back. Huds-Flip-Bert for game 1 against the Quackers please.

This is one thing that has been very dissappointing, not Calder's play, but his lack of ice time. When Calder is on the ice, he has been his usual self, going into the corners, hustling, working hard. He just hasn't caught any breaks to get a goal. We all saw what he can do in the regular season, so I think the coaches are losing faith in him way too quickly. I think he is worthy of 11-12 min a game and would use the time to get a few more points. Overall, I really like Calder, I have liked him since we got him and want to resign him, but the coaches unwillingness to play him might prevent that, and for that, I am dissapointed.

in game 6 he was useless with the puck, he simply fell on his ass every time someone pressured him against the boards, and he took 2 lazy hooking penalties for 4 PIM in 4:50 playing time.

that's his "usual self"? ...thanks, but i'll pass. the only way hudler could do worse than that is if he scored on his own goal.

he's got to still be injured or something...either way, time to sit him. No sense in wasting a spot for 5 minutes of garbage.

It's grand to know we are already getting set up for this rounds scapegoat the second things go bad ;):thumbup:

Edited by OsGOD

He's definitely injured. I know he's trying to shrug it off like he's not, but it's obvious. The guys is a heck of a hockey player. We saw that from the second he became a Red Wing. Now all of a sudden since Round 1 he hasn't been himself and his ice time has gone down big time. I remember after we beat the Flames he held down his right hand and shook with his left. Think that's says it all!

Well we already know Calder is injured. Didn't MacLean talk about that on CBC a week or two ago?

Off topic, but I forgot where I saw this. Hasek's left hand was all wrapped up in Game 4 or 5 (forgot), like it was aiding an injury. I wonder if he is injured as well?

Edited by aflac9262

Well we already know Calder is injured. Didn't MacLean talk about that on CBC a week or two ago?

Off topic, but I forgot where I saw this. Hasek's left hand was all wrapped up in Game 4 or 5 (forgot), like it was aiding an injury. I wonder if he is injured as well?

Well he sure isn't playing like something is wrong! lol

That's odd though...back in Game 6 while he was being interviewed I didn't notice anything on his hand.

Well he sure isn't playing like something is wrong! lol

That's odd though...back in Game 6 while he was being interviewed I didn't notice anything on his hand.

For sure.

Yeah me either, and when they did the hand shakes he didn't have it on either. So either it's feeling better or he felt it was affecting his play.

This article does mention it though.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey/2007/...165446-sun.html

Hasek's left hand is heavily taped, affecting his already unpredictable stick-handling

I know this has been brought up previously but I am getting a little concerned about his lack of ice time.

The coaching staff have said there is nothing wrong with him and Kyle has stated that as well. But less

than 5 mins in what was a big game by one of our tradeline signings is telling me all is not what it seem's.

He never even saw the ice in the 3rd, has Babs lost confiedence in him or is that hand being proteceted

and given more rest before fridays game? If Kyle has an injury I would sooner us use a fit Rex until he is

ok to go. I understand giving a rookie less than 5 mins in a big playoff game but its got me puzzled with Calder,

thats now less than 16mins in the last 3 games, Rex was given just under 30 mins in 3 vSJ, maybe we may see

a roster change on Fri?

I don't understand this either Andy , The guy played pretty well during the regular season. I'm not sure if he's injured or not. do you think he might have upset someone in the coaching staff or something like that ?

The guy played pretty well during the regular season. I'm not sure if he's injured or not. do you think he might have upset someone in the coaching staff or something like that ?

Well he is trying to play, but with a broken hand. I wouldn't imagine it's getting any better either.

I think he's injured. He was great for us in the regular season, and played good minutes. If the coaching staff was pissed with him I doubt he'd still be on the ice.

They're hiding something from us! It's a conspiracy! :ph34r:

I think he's injured. He was great for us in the regular season, and played good minutes. If the coaching staff was pissed with him I doubt he'd still be on the ice.

They're hiding something from us! It's a conspiracy! :ph34r:

Yessssss!!!! Conspiracy. :ph34r::P I read in an earlier post, did he really break his hand ?

I thought it was just a rumour ?

Another 4 mins last night? Either way something is wrong, if they don't want Rex in cause of his size lets get someone in who is healthy. Ellis could do a job or is Kopecky ready? I would have Rex, one half chance falling his way could be a game winner for us, still lets see how it pans out for game 2.

No scapegoat thread either, just genuine concern for a guy who's better than his current status. A full on Calder is what we all want.

It's been posted several times on this thread already, and people are still saying "I think he's hurt", "there's something wrong", so I'll say it again in bold:

:siren::siren: KYLE CALDER IS PLAYING WITH A BROKEN HAND :siren::siren:

I can only think of two possible reasons that Calder is playing like he is:

1. He is hurt, I can't imagine that a player would just stop doing all the things in the Playoffs that made him successful in the regular season for no reason, He has almost done a complete 180 in his effectiveness out there, that's a pretty drastic change and it may have cost him a roster spot next year.

2. The coaches, the only other reasonable explanation I could come up off the top of my head was the coaches told him something at the start of the Playoffs, something along the lines of "You've got to be more responsible defensively" and maybe he is trying to be more of a two-way player now and it just isn't very good at it.

Edit = Spelling

Edited by Elshupacabra

It's been posted several times on this thread already, and people are still saying "I think he's hurt", "there's something wrong", so I'll say it again in bold:

:siren::siren: KYLE CALDER IS PLAYING WITH A BROKEN HAND :siren::siren:

yeah it's a little hard to play with that condition. It makes sense. I'm sure we'll lock him up in the off-season.