• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

Ducks respond on hit.....

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

He's not whining. He just wants to know why his brother got the penalty and Chris is the one being suspended. He's the Captain. He's allowed to do that.

What did you think about the hit?

I think scott niedermayer is the man. I know Niks plus minus this year was exceptional but look at their ice time and points and it isn't so clear cut.

Ice time between the two was nearly identical. Niedermayer had only a few more points, and his +/- (the true measure of a defenseman) was horrible.

Oh, I forgot I posted a crying smiley about how I am crying. Mind lending me a tissue? I'm sure you have plenty.

I find it funny that you say this, considering how your boys looked last night. Heh, they probably ordered several trucks filled with Kleenex for tonight's crowd; I suppose it was the least that they could do, considering the show they'll put on.

Edited by Crymson

He's not whining. He just wants to know why his brother got the penalty and Chris is the one being suspended. He's the Captain. He's allowed to do that.

Not whining?

“It's hard to know really what's going on,†he said. “I mean, my brother got the penalty. They're talking Chris now. Anybody else they want to bring in? Maybe they should talk to Holmstrom as well. You know, I don't know. I don't know what they're doing. I'm just trying to figure out what they're looking at. The call last night was five minutes to Rob Niedermayer. Today, they're talking Chris. Does that make sense to anybody?â€Â

Waaaa! His brother got the call because he was the third man in on a dirty hit. The refs saw it, and the league saw fit to look at it further. Im not the Ducks captain, but I can deduce that much.

What did you think about the hit?

Well, you've answered my question. You seem to be infected with a nasty case of homerism. If I could prescribe some perspective as a cure, I would; regrettably, though, that doesn't come in a bottle, and as such you'll need to find it yourself to avoid making judgments like you've made here.

I think she said earlier that the hit in question was irreputable. Not that there's outrage over it.

Even if a guy on your squad does something nasty, that doesn't make you or your team any less frustrated over the loss.

Yeah. But I wouldnt blame you for not noticing. A guy that gets deked out of his jock strap game in and game out really isnt Norris material, but we all know that after Lidstrom, theres really no else that can compare.

Pronger has the physical game to compete with Nick, but Nick is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Pronger in the mental department.

Always has been, always will be.

Add to that Lidstrom is one of the classiest players in the league. Pronger is anything but and generally when he tries to be a goon, he either hurts himself or gets suspended.

Guest Crymson

If the Wings had instead taken Homer to a hospital, and played up the injury a bit (they had the game in hand, he wasn't really needed on the ice), the chances of a suspension would be greatly increased. Had the Wings taken that route, it's possible that Pronger would have gotten a longer suspension than the 1 game one that he received...

Yes, but that would have been horridly unsportsmanlike and lacking in integrity. I'd rather see the team maintain its integrity that sell out for a slightly greater possibility of victory. Integrity is priceless.

The excuse that Pronger is taller than everyone DOESN'T work because he's had 20 plus years to learn how to check properly compensating for his size. On that play, he was intentionally going for Holmstrom's head. Do not try to feed me bulls*** excuses.

If the Wings had instead taken Homer to a hospital, and played up the injury a bit (they had the game in hand, he wasn't really needed on the ice), the chances of a suspension would be greatly increased. Had the Wings taken that route, it's possible that Pronger would have gotten a longer suspension than the 1 game one that he received...

Much as it irks me to agree with the man, Grapes commented emphatically tonight, when asked about the advisability of Homer's return to the ice, should he have played possum a bit to help push for a long suspension, etc: "No, because stuff like that always seems to get out, whether it's a trainer or whoever in the locker room, and then you lose credibility and get a reputation. The Wings absolutely handled it correctly."" (I put this in quotes for clarity, but I can't recall his comment exactly. It's close, though)

From a practical POV, this seems about right to me-- not to mention the electric effect that Homer's return to the ice had on everyone. He's a valiant hero now, not a poor victim-- I love that.

Yes, but that would have been horridly unsportsmanlike and lacking in integrity. I'd rather see the team maintain its integrity that sell out for a slightly greater possibility of victory. Integrity is priceless.

I agree, I wasn't advocating the WIngs using such a tactic, just pointing out where the "honor" was in not using such a tactic...

Homer delivers the roflpwn to Burke:

Nice. Burke was way out of line trying to blame anyone other than his goons for that hit. Homer was just trying to play the puck and got blindsided. Whether his helmet was loose or not means nothing when your face is being smashed into the boards from behind. It's a dirty hit whether or not the helmet is loose.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Well, the real answer is the refs blew the initial call. Niedermayer never shoulda got the penalty for the hit, it shoulda been Pronger. Hell, the entire hockey universe was wondering why Pronger wasn't penalized on the play.

And for a Norris winning dman and an NHL captain, Scott Niedermayer sounds like a ******* retard. He wonders why they penalized Rob and then they suspend Chris? Well, I guess Scott's so ******* dumb he can't watch a replay and see Pronger smashing Holmstrom's head into the glass. You see Scotty, that's why Pronger got suspended. Seriously, is Scott Niedermayer like semi-retarded or something? What's so hard to understand there Scotty?

Well, the real answer is the refs blew the initial call. Niedermayer never shoulda got the penalty for the hit, it shoulda been Pronger. Hell, the entire hockey universe was wondering why Pronger wasn't penalized on the play.

And for a Norris winning dman and an NHL captain, Scott Niedermayer sounds like a ******* retard. He wonders why they penalized Rob and then they suspend Chris? Well, I guess Scott's so ******* dumb he can't watch a replay and see Pronger smashing Holmstrom's head into the glass. You see Scotty, that's why Pronger got suspended. Seriously, is Scott Niedermayer like semi-retarded or something? What's so hard to understand there Scotty?

Exaclty.. pretending to forget how the system works makes him look pretty assinine. It's really quite the act.. be a man, be a captain.

Exaclty.. pretending to forget how the system works makes him look pretty assinine. It's really quite the act.. be a man, be a captain.

I'll tell you what it sounds like to me ... a team that's getting its excuses ready, a team that's preparing for defeat. To me, a captain needs to be focusing on the game ahead ... "well, it's a tough blow, but we need to move on and deal with the game at hand ... while we'd like to have him in the lineup, we're confident that we can still be effective, etc, etc ..."

Edited by lets go pavel

I think scott niedermayer is the man. I know Niks plus minus this year was exceptional but look at their ice time and points and it isn't so clear cut.

I'm obviously a little late in chiming in here, but there's a hell of a lot more than just TOI and Pts that determine the Norris trophy winner. I almost look at it as, if this person goes down, the entire team is f*cked. If Lids went down, the Red Wings aren't in the WCF's, IMO.

Lids' play is more important to his team this year (once again), and his TOI, Pts, and +/- are just icing on the cake.

Good Lord. Have you seen how half of the players left in the playoffs look with their beards?? Does the word "firecrotch" mean anything to you with your team of Euros??

Talk about not being on topic and not talking about hockey

By our team of Euros, I guess you're right...we have all non-Michigan players here.

So glad Teemoo, Chrissie, and the rest are all tanned SoCal "Dudes".

ANAHEIM: NHL PLAYER-PROVIDER TO THE WORLD!!!!!

OH, thanks for Babcock, though. He's a great coach. Keep the one you have now as he is just WAYYYY too douchey!!!

Quote from Burke- “ I don't think Chris Pronger meant to injure this player. He didn't injure him. I don't think he meant to hit him in the head. I think if Robbie Niedermayer doesn't come into this play, there's no hearing  there's no issue.â€Â

WTF? :blink: He didn't injure him? :blink: WTF? Does this jackass think that those 13 stitches were just marker lines someone drew on his forehead, the blood was ketchup Homer keeps in his gloves so he can whip it out to fool the refs into thinking he's bleeding. Give me a break! It is so easy now to see why this organization got 70 majors during the season. Classless and pathetic from the front office on down. This organization is a sorry excuse of a hockey team that is more like a goon squad with sticks. I'm still so pissed that I can't even think straight when I read crap like this. Just roll over and die already Burke and take your goons with you. :flamingmad:

and another thing while I am on this pissed off streak over their reaction...where does Scott Niedermayer get off saying that they should talk to Homer as well? What????

Good lord, does he think Homer threw himself into the boards? Knocked off his own helmet and decided, yeah...we are up 4-0 so know is a good time to draw a major and knock myself senseless into this glass. HONESTLY, I don't get these people...FREAKS.....all of them! :crazy:

Edited by BuckeyeWingsFan

Don't get me wrong, I DEFINITELY think Pronger deserved a suspension. As soon as I read about it I knew he deserved one. It puts a bad taste in my mouth when the Ducks make dirty plays. You have NO idea how pissed off I was when Teemu was caught using an illegal stick. I was crushed.

But, I don't think this is really fair to attack Niedermayer about this. If your 2nd best Defensemen was suspended for something in this situation, Lidstrom would be saying the same thing (if the tables were completely turned) Just let it go, my God. Pronger's been suspended. You have the series lead. There's no reason to attack a class guy like Niedermayer.

EDITED: I meant to say suspension, not penalty.

I'm with ya...you'd be hearing the same audio from our guys if the roles were reversed...everyone's biased...it's sports...it's emtional...gotta be objective about it...

The only people I hear whining are all of our fans about the Ducks reaction as if our team wouldn't be doing the same thing. Man up people...the right thing was done by Pronger getting suspended and though I hate for this to be the focus, it definitely is a good thing for us heading into game 4. But the bottom line is that a dirty play was dealt with appropriately and hopefully in the future we can be just a little less worried about players getting seriously hurt when guys get pissed out there. We got everything we could ask for. Just relax. We got our justice. Time to move on.

I'm glad you find it funny. No where do I hear Nieds saying "Oh, but we're nothing without Pronger! F**k the League! Now we're screwed!" He was making statements, and after last nights outcome, I'd be pissed too. In fact, I am pissed.

If Lilja smashed Selanne's face and did the same thing as Chrissy, you would be expecting a suspension just like I would. The only reason that you are pissed is that you can't seperate yourself from the fan base and see the hit with out an Anahiem bias.

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

By our team of Euros, I guess you're right...we have all non-Michigan players here.

So glad Teemoo, Chrissie, and the rest are all tanned SoCal "Dudes".

ANAHEIM: NHL PLAYER-PROVIDER TO THE WORLD!!!!!

OH, thanks for Babcock, though. He's a great coach. Keep the one you have now as he is just WAYYYY too douchey!!!

See right there is a classic uneducated response. Randy Carlyle is a great coach with a storied history and was a great defenseman in this league and has a great deal of integrity. Theres a reason he won THE NORRIS.

Homer delivers the roflpwn to Burke:

I still think his helmet did fly off a little easy.

But either way it would have ended the same way because even with the helmet on he still would have been knocked out cold on the ice. I compared this hit to teh Kariya hit by Stevens and if Kariya can comeback from that hit then i think Holmstrom easily comeback and did. Watch out for Holmstrom to get some revenge tonight, whether thats hits or a few goals. He will do something no doubt in my mind. I hope Parros get the call today jsut in case this game is outa hand.

Someone already mentioned this but the ducks will have to deal with just like the wings. Meaning we have two of our best d-men out. Difference is they get theirs back after one game.

yeah but you cant compare Schneider and Pronger. No offense to matt but hes got nothing on Pronger and i say that as an unbiased opinion. I actually really like Matt back from his days when he was a Duck killer on the Queens

See right there is a classic uneducated response. Randy Carlyle is a great coach with a storied history and was a great defenseman in this league and has a great deal of integrity. Theres a reason he won THE NORRIS.

And this has WHAT to do with him being a ****** as far as this whole Prick-Pronger incident is concerned???? He won the Norris, so WHAT!!!??? What the hell does THAT have to do with THIS issue??!!! Talk about getting off-target!

Uneducated? Starting a sentence off with "SEE RIGHT THERE..." is the sort of thing I would expect from a third-grader, not someone with the guts to insult an opposing fan on the opposing fan's forum site.

Good Lord, I miss the San Jose fans. The schools must be far better in northern California! :blink:

And this has WHAT to do with him being a ****** as far as this whole Prick-Pronger incident is concerned???? He won the Norris, so WHAT!!!??? What the hell does THAT have to do with THIS issue??!!! Talk about getting off-target!

Uneducated? Starting a sentence off with "SEE RIGHT THERE..." is the sort of thing I would expect from a third-grader, not someone with the guts to insult an opposing fan on the opposing fan's forum site.

Good Lord, I miss the San Jose fans. The schools must be far better in northern California! :blink:

I guess i missed the part where you detailed him regarding the pronger incident? Is it there? Yes uneducated is what i call someone who bashes Carlyle and calls him a douchebag my stance won't change on that subject. Hes proven hes a great player,great coach at all levels hes coached,and his stance on the Pronger incident is to back his player. I fail to see where i insulted another fan of this forum please illustrate where i have done that.