• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCF Post-GAME 5 (5/20): Ducks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

I'm no moron, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I believe it was somehow set that Detroit "shant" win this year... again...

you're a moron. how do you explain Ottawa being in the Finals? thats the LAST thing buttman would want.

but I will agree that the refs are brain dead, probably couldn't graduate from kindergarten if they tried.

Wow.....If the Ducks continue to rely on the kind of fluke bounces and dumb giveaways (2) they have been getting, they will not win this series...... The Wings dominated this game, the better team did not win, the better team is not leading this series..... :dry:

Wings will take it on the road, and then finish it at home.... and if by some act of divine power the Ducks win the series, they will be picked apart by the Senators.... A Wings/Sens final will be closer than Ducks/Sens would.....

I'm physically ill by this loss. The Wings just cannot buy a break. They completely outplayed the Ducks and lost. But the Wings have had a lot of chances and have not capitalized. The Ducks have capitalized and thus the 3-2 hole they find themselves in.

And again, how does Dats get called on that one? Borderline at best.

It was always gonna happen guys. The puck can't bounce your way that much and still lose.

It didn't matter what we did, the puck just wouldn't have gone in. It wasn't meant to be.

I don't believe in that New Age rhetoric. We lost because of a lousy call on Pavel and couldn't clear the ******* zone.

It was always gonna happen guys. The puck can't bounce your way that much and still lose.

It didn't matter what we did, the puck just wouldn't have gone in. It wasn't meant to be.

I have to agree. It just wasnt meant to be. While our shots are missing by mililmeters, their asses are being saved by fluke stick deflections on a penalty that shouldnt have even been called.

Ironically, it only sucks for the Wings when the Yucks need a goal.

that call isn't consistent with what weve seen but it is still a penalty..... and you guys had your chances to put it away

Guest bullocks

Were all trying to be optimistic.

But this is seriously bulls***.

that call isn't consistent with what weve seen but it is still a penalty..... and you guys had your chances to put it away

Haha are you serious? I can guarantee you every Ducks defenseman ran that same type of play on the Red Wings at least once each in this game alone, and never got called for it.

The only reason the Wings get the calls they do in this series is because of the blatant bonehead moves the Quacks make, usually within feet of a ref.

that was a devastating loss. i don't think i have ever felt this low after a loss before.

but this is far from over - the wings have shown great resilience througout this post-season and i believe they will do it again. the wings are the better team and they will prove it.

and it really pisses me off to read people bashing lilja. yes he f*cked up. but he has been outstanding in the playoffs so far and is a major reason that the wings have gotten this far. if i am not mistaken he leads the team in hits and blocked shots so lay off him. furthermore, if franzen or chelios had cleared the zone in regulation when they had the chance this would not have even gone to OT.

we are gonna have to do it the hard way - but we will do it.

bring on game 6!!

Guest Agalloch

What a ridiculous loss. I felt like I was going to pass out after both the flukyass game tying goal and the OT winner, but let's put this into perspective, okay?

The Red Wings need to go on a two game winning streak.

That's all they need to do. It really is that simple, and I think that we all know that they can win two games in a row, as they proved countless times this year, and yes, they did it against good teams, too. Anaheim can't continue to get lucky wins because of their goalie with oversized equipment. Their luck HAS to run out soon. We've outplayed them in every game but game one. The Wings just have some serious bad luck right now, but it has to come to an end sometime, and I'm confident it will next game.

I'm not worried about "omg they're dead emotionally!!1" either. This team has many leaders, and they can overcome a 3-2 deficit.

C'mon Wings. Two more wins. Anaheim has played like s***, and yet they've won three games. It's your turn to get the luck back on your side.

If you think you've been worn out by the highs and lows of playoff hockey, imagine poor Andreas. From scoring the almost game-winner in the second to being the goat of all time in OT... it's a long fall from the top.

A cleared puck here, an empty netter there, a missed scoring chance all over. The moments in a game where it's won or lost. Homer lost (twice!), Zetterberg lost, Lidstrom lost; Selanne won. There's the ballgame.

What can you do? Nothing. Pack up your things and head out west. The last stand of the Red Wings is upon us with all speed.

Since the National Hockey League was formed, in every year ending in a seven, either a Canadian team or Detroit have won the Stanley Cup.

Ottawa 1927

Detroit 1937

Toronto 1947

Montreal 1957

Toronto 1967

Montreal 1977

Edmonton 1987

Detroit 1997

sometimes this team makes me physically ill. How can 1 team be soo outplayed and win. I got it be there at the right place at the right time. Going 0-7 on the powerplay is bulls***. Schneids is missed back there and when he got injured their powerplay was greatly effected. Only hope I have is Detroit plays with balls to the wall.

Easier said than done to put this one behind everyone, but they have to grab the lead Tuesday and hold on and get it back it to the Joe. It will show their mettle and who's the leaders on this team----everyone has to step up.

What a ridiculous loss. I felt like I was going to pass out after both the flukyass game tying goal and the OT winner, but let's put this into perspective, okay?

The Red Wings need to go on a two game winning streak.

That's all they need to do. It really is that simple, and I think that we all know that they can win two games in a row, as they proved countless times this year, and yes, they did it against good teams, too. Anaheim can't continue to get lucky wins because of their goalie with oversized equipment. Their luck HAS to run out soon. We've outplayed them in every game but game one. The Wings just have some serious bad luck right now, but it has to come to an end sometime, and I'm confident it will next game.

I'm not worried about "omg they're dead emotionally!!1" either. This team has many leaders, and they can overcome a 3-2 deficit.

C'mon Wings. Two more wins. Anaheim has played like s***, and yet they've won three games. It's your turn to get the luck back on your side.

We did go on a 9 game winning streak before. Any things possible I suppose

If you think you've been worn out by the highs and lows of playoff hockey, imagine poor Andreas. From scoring the almost game-winner in the second to being the goat of all time in OT... it's a long fall from the top.

A cleared puck here, an empty netter there, a missed scoring chance all over. The moments in a game where it's won or lost. Homer lost (twice!), Zetterberg lost, Lidstrom lost; Selanne won. There's the ballgame.

What can you do? Nothing. Pack up your things and head out west. The last stand of the Red Wings is upon us with all speed.

Thats what makes it so painful. All those guys skate circles around Selanne, yet Selanne gets the luck.

f*** the hockey gods.

We're still fine. This team just needs to realize they've outplayed Anaheim 3 straight games now, and unfortunately we're 1-2 in that span. It's not like we're getting it handed to us by a better team.

They're good, but we're outplaying them badly. Stop shooting at Giguere's chest. Go high glove. When you throw it cross-crease, one time it (Samuelsson!).

Detroit's been the better team. Just keep doing what we're doing and it'll be fine. We just need to win one game on the road and we're coming home for game 7. It's not that complicated.

I still can't believe how predictable that call on Datsyuk was.

-Tim

I don't believe in that New Age rhetoric. We lost because of a lousy call on Pavel and couldn't clear the ******* zone.

It's hardly new age rhetoic. It's just the way hockey is sometimes.

We lost because (1) Lidstrom's shot hit the post, one millimeter left and it was a 2-0 lead and (2) because a seemingly harmless shot off goal deflected off Lidstrom's errant stick and into the net with 47 left.