• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCF Post-GAME 5 (5/20): Ducks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Well the Wings played well - but not well enough to win. :( Same thing we did to the Sharks comes back at us. We let a good team hang around too long... No blaming Lilja or Hasek. As soon as we let the puck in at the end of the game - you had to give a big edge to the Ducks. We didn't bury any of our PP chances. Tough break. We've played two pretty good games and lost both. You never know what will happen in game 6. This has been a great playoff ride - I don't know what's going to happen - but I'm proud of this team no matter what. Here's to a game 7!

again, answer the questions in the original post

if you don't see a difference I submit you haven't been paying attention

and nowhere did I say it was the difference between being ahead or behind, more proof you haven't read my post

i read your post but apparently took my own liberties with your words, my mistake.

ok, so you didn't say it was the difference but it certainly appears to me that you are hellbent

on proving that it has a lot to do with the fact that the wings are behind in this series.

yes, i've watched the games and as i told you (which answers your question), i've seen some things that weren't called and i've also seen calls that were made and should not have been. what exactly does this prove besides the fact that all season long the same odds existed that a call could be missed or called incorrectly.

i'm seriously trying to understand your real hangup here.

you might actually be separating yourself from all the other people crying wolf and saying that the refs are losing this series for us. if so, i'd like to better understand the differences between you and them. suffice to say i've had enough of their rush to judgment, trying to to pin our misfortunes on the the officials.

Who cares about getting PP's we couldn't do anything with them. Maybe the call in the last 2 minutes was crap, but I don't think the officiating really affected us other than that call.

I have to say, there is no duck fan that could say the ducks deserved this game. It's not that they played bad, the ducks i mean but, Detroit out did everything in this game. The Wings could not give this game away any better if they set out to. It has to be the worst loss in post hockey i've ever seen. way worse than losing 7-0, at least you could say nothing went their way or wings had a bad day, something like that. However, I'm glad to see that there are other people that share the same temper that I have, my wife says to let it go but, I just can't.

Here's to hoping.

______

As an aside, I thought this series was going 7 games prior to the start of it, so there's no waivering from that.

Ditto - I also thought 7. I figured we'd win today - them on Tues - and right back to the Joe. Might not happen exactly that way - but still very probable...

I have to say, there is no duck fan that could say the ducks deserved this game. It's not that they played bad, the ducks i mean but, Detroit out did everything in this game.

Not true- I can stand here and say the Ducks diddeserve to win. We did it in game 4 vs SJ when they let us hang around. It was only 1-0 on the scoreboard, they're a good team, and they didn't give up. Any team that would have given up in the third period has been golfing for two months already.

It's too bad the NHL allows cheats, J.S. Giguere, in the game, but it does.

Bitter much? I'm not going to rub it in your face, but SOMEONE needs to give Jiggy credit. He played a great game, but all I hear is Hasek and Detroit. While Detroit outplayed Anaheim, 36 saves in consecutive games is impressive.

How can the Red Wings expect to win hockey games by wasting that many power play (5 on 3) opportunities ?

With the Ducks, it's like they have one scoring chance and BINGO, it's in the net!

If the Wings would have been more opportunists, this serie could easily be over by now.

It's one thing to outshot the Ducks, but they won't beat Giguère by shooting pucks in his stomach...

And what a bad play by Lilja in O.T. !

I can't believe that Detroit is going to lose back to back series to the freaking Ducks !!!

Edited by Dr. Sapirstein

Guest Crymson

Kill.....Lilja.

Should we forget, praytell, that without his goal we'd have not even gotten into overtime? He scored and he stopped another possible Pronger goal with a wicked shotblock. He has been one of our most solid players throughout the playoffs.

This comment of yours is the definition of bandwagon.

Bitter much? I'm not going to rub it in your face, but SOMEONE needs to give Jiggy credit. He played a great game, but all I hear is Hasek and Detroit. While Detroit outplayed Anaheim, 36 saves in consecutive games is impressive.

jiggy is the reason anaheim is in this series. i'm happy to give credit where it's due.

for our sake, i'm obviously hoping jiggy has some costly mistakes in game 6. ;)

I don't buy what some of you are selling. Yes, the Wings dominated in the skill department, but they where beaten in way to many battles along the boards and in front of both nets. Sure Jiggy looks good but he hasn't had to deal with alot of second or third chances. If the Wings start winning more of the battles; they will without question win the series. In short you can create your own "luck" by winning more battles.

I expect the Wings to blow the Ducks out of the water in game six (No pun intended. :ph34r: )

If Giguere isn't in net for the Ducks, this series would have been over this afternoon. He single-handedly won Game 4 and he did the same thing today. It's happening again...

I disagree completely. He's been very beatable all series, including today, but the puck wasn't bouncing our way. How many saves did Giguere really have that were unbelievable today and didn't require him to catch it in his chest? Most of the saves he made he either caught up in his chest protector, or they went off his pad and right by a wing player ready to bang it into the open net...just bad bounces.

I'm not giving credit to Giguere winning this series if we lose it. That's ridiculous in my opinion. If we lose this series it's because of bad bounces and the wings not capitalizing on opportunities, and the fact that the wings can't play a complete game!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Firehawk

Detroit did outplay Anaheim. Ottawa is praying right now that the Ducks get more lucky bounces and advance. :P

Why do you think your team deserves to win the game when they only score ONE freakin goal?!?! Chance after chance, power play after power play, the team simply didn't finish.

I didn't check out the boxscore, but Giggy should have been the #1 star imo - coming from a Wings fan. No way that game should have been 1-0 at the end. Even with the bad game 3, I'd give him the MVP of the series for the Ducks right now.

Should we forget, praytell, that without his goal we'd have not even gotten into overtime? He scored and he stopped another possible Pronger goal with a wicked shotblock. He has been one of our most solid players throughout the playoffs.

This comment of yours is the definition of bandwagon.

I was SO proud of Lilja today. Go, Lils!! You are correct, Crym, that this game should never have gotten to OT. 47 seconds left on Dom's shutout and Nick tries to help, and there went the game. I read where Dom bought Nick a couple of beer the other night when Nick cleared the crease for him. I believe Nick owes Dom a drink now. ;)

I am so far from giving up on these guys, it's hilarious. They can and will win the next two. I am proud of everyone here who is keeping the faith and being reasonable. I don't believe in history, but I do believe in the Red Wings. They can do this!! And should the worst happen, I will still be proud of them, knowing they did their best -- which by anyone's definition is amazing!

Go, Red Wings!!! Take it to them and bring home the series win at the Joe!! :clap:

concerning Giggy, I'd really like to see us move him side to side, he's got terrible lateral movement and we've never exploited that.

I could care less if he's made 36 or 38 saves 2 games in a row, I haven't seen him do anything outstanding. The Wings always put alot of rubber on net.

I didn't check out the boxscore, but Giggy should have been the #1 star imo - coming from a Wings fan. No way that game should have been 1-0 at the end. Even with the bad game 3, I'd give him the MVP of the series for the Ducks right now.

He is a stand up goalie... who makes HUGE SAVES... can't argue with that... I will give him all the credit in the world for this game. He stayed up and kept himself in position to make the saves when it counted.

concerning Giggy, I'd really like to see us move him side to side, he's got terrible lateral movement and we've never exploited that.

I could care less if he's made 36 or 38 saves 2 games in a row, I haven't seen him do anything outstanding. The Wings always put alot of rubber on net.

I agree 100%. I don't know why people think he's 'the s***' this series. He's been very beatable the ENTIER SERIES! The goals didn't go in today because of bad bounces. It's not like he made unbelievable stops today. Holmstrom and Lidstrom should both have had one. We should have won this game 4 or 5-0 today, but didn't becasue fo bounces, not because of saves.

You could argue that Giguere shoulda made the save on the 1 goal the wings scored on!

From hero to zero. That's the story of Andreas Lilja in todays game.

Sigh. I have very little optimism. I'm not going to go out of my way to be a downer, but I tell you this, I don't have much confidence after todays game. Very disappointing.

edit: I should reiterate that I'm not totally writing the Wings off, as I'd be a jerkoff if I was. The Wings have shown me things during these playoffs that I haven't seen in a long time, and have fought all sorts of adversity. I still do believe they can fight through this too.

Edited by Kp-Wings