• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCF Post-GAME 5 (5/20): Ducks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Bitter much? I'm not going to rub it in your face, but SOMEONE needs to give Jiggy credit. He played a great game, but all I hear is Hasek and Detroit. While Detroit outplayed Anaheim, 36 saves in consecutive games is impressive.

lol...we have a quack fan sighting! hey, quack fan: where were you after game 3? exactly.

you must think the series is over to pay a visit like this. roh oh...

From hero to zero. That's the story of Andreas Lilja in todays game.

Sigh. I have very little optimism. I'm not going to go out of my way to be a downer, but I tell you this, I don't have much confidence after todays game. Very disappointing.

edit: I should reiterate that I'm not totally writing the Wings off, as I'd be a jerkoff if I was. The Wings have shown me things during these playoffs that I haven't seen in a long time, and have fought all sorts of adversity. I still do believe they can fight through this too.

ottawa will make short work of either of these teams. guaranteed. five games max in the finals.

the ducks have the most assinine game plan i've ever seen a playoff team this deep have...totally undisciplined and boneheaeded play--yet, on the other hand, the wings act as if they're getting paid off by mob bookies to throw the series.

a complete exercise in stupidilty and futility by both of these wannabe clubs.

it's the sens year, so it's moot anyway. but that's the reality of the situation.

if you've got that figured out, no need to get your shorts in a knot over it.

lol...we have a quack fan sighting! hey, quack fan: where were you after game 3? exactly.

grow up... you're the one being an ass. there is nothing off base about the post in question.

They have been around a lot lately... yes pre-game 5... where have you been?

ottawa will make short work of either of these teams. guaranteed. five games max in the finals.

No they won't. The Sens have only done this good because of the teams they've played so far. The Pens and Devils aren't built for the playoffs, and Buffalo absolutly blowed dick against the Sens, so they haven't had to face an actual real opponent yet.

We'll see what happens if the Wings make it to the finals. I think the Wings can beat them. If the Ducks make it, then I'll root for Ottawa and give Anaheim no chance at all. Not because I think Ottawa is that much better, but because I hate Anaheim and do not, under any cirucmstance, want to see them win the Cup.

Edited by Kp-Wings

um, been here two years before you arrived. welcome!

:clap:

Arrival time doesn't mean jack squat especially if you aren't around to observe the fact that said poster you are ripping on has been around posting a while before you noticed them

You can take those 2 years you have on me and shove it... frankly my dear... I don't give a damn :thumbup:

great, so you've had 24 more months practice on how to be civil and respectful... i'd ask for a refund.

:clap: It was probably CLEARANCE all sales final :)

Edited by OsGOD

have you not really seen the obstruction all series long that isn't called?

You can ***** about it, or you can fight through it. Sorry, but the refereeing -- though it sucks sometimes -- has cut both ways in this series. Complaining about it reeks of excuse-seeking.

Oh, and how quickly we forget. If not for Lilja, this game never even gets to overtime.

No, it probably does -- just at 0-0.

I knew Lilja would be exposed eventually--he the Wings defensive achilles heel like I said a couple of days ago... The call was a joke at the end --I called it 5 min. before..."watch the refs give them a pp at the end" and bingo!

Bitter much? I'm not going to rub it in your face, but SOMEONE needs to give Jiggy credit. He played a great game, but all I hear is Hasek and Detroit. While Detroit outplayed Anaheim, 36 saves in consecutive games is impressive.

He played well, but not awesome. Last Thursday he was awesome. He was the difference maker then.

I am so god damned steamed, I can't see strait! Anyone of the last 2 games go Detroits way and there is no chance the Ducks win the series. Too bad we couldn't hold the lead. The Ducks were clearly dead in the water until Carlisle was given an early bonus check.

Me 3. I wish they were playing tomorrow. This sucks. What a tough one to swallow.

Thats what she said!

But on a more serious note.. it feels strange because im not very worried about our playoff lives. We have outplayed them, they are just getting the bounces.. hopefullly it will turn around in game 6

I am really sad about this loss.But im getting tired with some of people's excuses of why the wings lost, but the fact is we should have won game 4 and 5 but we didn't. I believe we can win game 6, Detroit knows what is at stake and will play with all their might! Don't stop believing, the wings are playing this playoff with soo much heart, they will show it more then ever on tuesday. Wings can do it!

Why should he get credit? He's a lucky fat ass that takes up so much of the net that he can make saves without actually moving. If he was to lose 10 pounds, use legal pads, and not have luck that's on par with winning the lottery, the Wings would light him up.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Thank God in heaven that I had my favorite band's concert tonight that somewhat steered me away from the depression of the Wings loss.

First off, this game was all Wings. I can't even believe it went to OT. They outplayed them in every aspect and I really, really think they deserved this win. Which is why it's even more heartbreaking. Nick was trying to block it and it went in. 40 freaking seconds left. UGHHHHH.

Secondly, putting Lilja as a scapegoat is complete BS. Way to turn on him after the brilliant post season he's having. He actually did the right thing with the puck, he had the right idea in his mind and it unfortunately slipped from him. Not his fault.

Lastly, anyone..and I mean anyone counting the Wings out is pathetic. This series is far from over. Ya know I am depressed, frustrated, and upset just as much as anyone is. Hell, I think I had a few tears streaming down my cheek..BUT I know this Wings team is not done. They are far from it. They've been in this position before and they know what they have to do to get the job done. This team has been fantastic and resilient and I guarantee they show that on Tuesday night.

Have faith, people. At least try to.

GO WINGS!!!!

Guest bullocks

Thank God in heaven that I had my favorite band's concert tonight that somewhat steered me away from the depression of the Wings loss.

First off, this game was all Wings. I can't even believe it went to OT. They outplayed them in every aspect and I really, really think they deserved this win. Which is why it's even more heartbreaking. Nick was trying to block it and it went in. 40 freaking seconds left. UGHHHHH.

Secondly, putting Lilja as a scapegoat is complete BS. Way to turn on him after the brilliant post season he's having. He actually did the right thing with the puck, he had the right idea in his mind and it unfortunately slipped from him. Not his fault.

Lastly, anyone..and I mean anyone counting the Wings out is pathetic. This series is far from over. Ya know I am depressed, frustrated, and upset just as much as anyone is. Hell, I think I had a few tears streaming down my cheek..BUT I know this Wings team is not done. They are far from it. They've been in this position before and they know what they have to do to get the job done. This team has been fantastic and resilient and I guarantee they show that on Tuesday night.

GO WINGS!!!!

are u guaranteeing a win? :o

The worst part about losing a game like this is that it's on your mind all day. It doesn't help much that it was an afternoon game either.

I'm really feeling that we will win game 6 right now though. Just thinking about the last couple of games, I can really see us coming out motivated knowing that we should have already won this series.

Oh yeah, anyone else think the ice looked really bad today? The puck seemed to be bouncing much more than usual, but maybe it was just my imagination.

Edited by adtthosa

Goddamn right!

There's a helluva good chance that Anaheim will be getting the Campbell trophy on Tuesday night.

Wings fans have to face that possible outcome. Losing a playoff series sucks but such is life.

Didnt Forsberg redirect the puck in off the inside of his skate blade?

Either way, this isnt the 2002 Wings team and this isnt the Colorado Avalanche. I dont buy comparisons.

great, so you've had 24 more months practice on how to be civil and respectful... i'd ask for a refund.

lose the attitude.

oh, yeah, well the jerk store called and...meh, nevermind.

GO WINGS!!!!

:thumbup::clap: awesome post, thanks.

oh, yeah, well the jerk store called and...meh, nevermind.

lol, niceee

well first i was pissed about nbc here blacking out the game so i had to settle for hightlights on my phone at my uncles, the i seen waht seemed to be a 1-0 lead to the last second of the third and ducks scored and end up winning it in OT.

Can someone tell me how the game went down if we played good or not

even tho we lost if you look back at 2002 our last cup win, we went down to the AV 3-2 games who i may say was a way way way better team than the ducks of now, and we had to go up against one mr roy, adn we all remember how that series ended