• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCF Post-GAME 5 (5/20): Ducks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

well first i was pissed about nbc here blacking out the game so i had to settle for hightlights on my phone at my uncles, the i seen waht seemed to be a 1-0 lead to the last second of the third and ducks scored and end up winning it in OT.

Can someone tell me how the game went down if we played good or not

even tho we lost if you look back at 2002 our last cup win, we went down to the AV 3-2 games who i may say was a way way way better team than the ducks of now, and we had to go up against one mr roy, adn we all remember how that series ended

We dominated them for 59 minutes. Couldn't get an insurance marker. The zebra's called a sub-par penalty on datsyuk with 1:30 left, they pulled their goalie making it a 6 on 4. Failed attempt at clearing the puck, then they score. Bulls*** to say the least.

Whatever happens, I'm so damn proud of this playoff run we've put together. If we don't get by Anahiem, I really don't have anything negative to say about the team. There's been so many positives that has come out in the past 4-6 weeks.

There's a lot of things we can build on for next year IF the season is coming to an end soon. Just think of all the playoff experience our young guys are getting, the grit and guts we are playing with, and the production by Datsyuk......

Guest bullocks

Whatever happens, I'm so damn proud of this playoff run we've put together. If we don't get by Anahiem, I really don't have anything negative to say about the team. There's been so many positives that has come out in the past 4-6 weeks.

There's a lot of things we can build on for next year IF the season is coming to an end soon. Just think of all the playoff experience our young guys are getting, the grit and guts we are playing with, and the production by Datsyuk......

Were not losing man. Let's think of it this way. Pressure's on us to win. Pressure's on them not to come back to JLA. We deserve some bounces, if the hockey gods are with us, we'll force a game 7.

Guest bullocks

well i do believe we can win this series but god dammit they sure are picking the most nerve racking way to do it

We had this game, that's what sucks the most.

again, answer the questions in the original post

if you don't see a difference I submit you haven't been paying attention

and nowhere did I say it was the difference between being ahead or behind, more proof you haven't read my post

one question..are u saying wings are down 3-2 cuz of the officiating?

Guest bullocks

one question..are u saying wings are down 3-2 cuz of the officiating?

i'll answer that for him...the wings wouldnt be down 3-2 if the ref didnt call that penalty with 1:30 left, when he was letting that s*** go all game.

:clap: Well said.

Guest bullocks

saying that, we need to get in the mind set that we arn't going down this way...no we arn't.

How you guys complain so much? In game 4, Rob Niedermeyer got called for a phantom penalty for tripping when some Red Wing took a dive. Then in game 5, o'donnell gets called for tripping when another Red Wing took a dive. If anything, the Red Wings should be called for diving penalities at the very least. Diving when you feel the slightest contact from the opponent is disgraceful and ungentlemanly. The Red Wings need to stop playing like sissy *******. Everyone on the Red Wings should change the name on the back of their jersey to SEAN AVERY.

Well, everyone but Lidstrom. He is the only guy on the Wings with any fortitude or courage. Everybody else plays like punk biatches.

Edited by WingsFTL

Guest bullocks

How you guys complain so much? In game 4, Rob Niedermeyer got called for a phantom penalty for tripping when some Red Wing took a dive. Then in game 5, o'donnell gets called for tripping when another Red Wing took a dive. If anything, the Red Wings should be called for diving penalities at the very least. Diving when you feel the slightest contact from the opponent is disgraceful and ungentlemanly. The Red Wings need to stop playing like sissy *******. Everyone on the Red Wings should change the name on the back of their jersey to SEAN AVERY.

Well, everyone but Lidstrom. He is the only guy on the Wings with any fortitude or courage. Everybody else plays like punk biatches.

sissy *******? not sure what game u were watching but not only did u get outplayed, u guys were flying all over the ice. it's funny how ducks fans (i assume ur one), can say stop bitching...when we all know if u were in the same position u would be bitching too. u can't make a phantom call like that in the most important game of the year when it hasnt been consistent through out the series. but wait, u guys wouldnt be in that position, cuz u cant seem to outplay us, u need to rely on giguerre in net...i forgot.

2) I miss Steve Duchesne

:punk: Amen.

On a side note, I will be attending Game 6 and I have never been more nervous for anything ever of all-time in the history of my life, for eternity.

Another thing: I haven't quite scrolled through all of the post-game thread or the subsequent other threads, but are you all aware that Zetterberg hit the post with his shot at the empty net? NBC didn't quite show the complete trajectory of it, but I was just informed that they showed a highlight on TV and it showed the puck hitting the post. Insane.

Edited by RedWingsFanatic

Guest bullocks

:punk: Amen.

On a side note, I will be attending Game 6 and I have never been more nervous for anything ever of all-time in the history of my life, for eternity.

Another thing: I haven't quite scrolled through all of the post-game thread or the subsequent other threads, but are you all aware that Zetterberg hit the post with his shot at the empty net? NBC didn't quite show the complete trajectory of it, but I was just informed that they showed a highlight on TV and it showed the puck hitting the post. Insane.

like we really need to hear that make us all feel a lot better :thumbup:

You act like your teams a bunch of little angels. What about Getzlafs dive in game four that lead to the PP goal for the win. What about Prongers loppy ass checking Tomas from behind.

You obviously don't watch Wings or duck game very often.

To be honest....

At this point I'm not sure what to think of the Wings, or the series. They went through the first round and took on Calgary, dropping their two away games--major disappointment. Then we arrived to San Jose and dropped two out of the first three, but we managed to turn it around in game 4 with Robert Lang's goal with :30 left.

These weren't backbreaking moments in the series, except against the Sharks if Lang didn't score and we went down 3-1. We've faced trials, but they weren't ordeals. This isn't either--this is no ordeal.

I'm sure many people feel this in regard to some teams at times, but this truly feels like it's to be yet another year (a good year, but no different), -or- a year with our number on it and destined for us to take it all the way. I don't know if the Wings -will- win the Stanley cup, but I have a definite feeling that we will make it to the Cup finals.

We'll take it from there. But I feel that hand of fate here, able to urge us that far at least, before we have the reins to our own destinies.

To be honest....

At this point I'm not sure what to think of the Wings, or the series. They went through the first round and took on Calgary, dropping their two away games--major disappointment. Then we arrived to San Jose and dropped two out of the first three, but we managed to turn it around in game 4 with Robert Lang's goal with :30 left.

These weren't backbreaking moments in the series, except against the Sharks if Lang didn't score and we went down 3-1. We've faced trials, but they weren't ordeals. This isn't either--this is no ordeal.

I'm sure many people feel this in regard to some teams at times, but this truly feels like it's to be yet another year (a good year, but no different), -or- a year with our number on it and destined for us to take it all the way. I don't know if the Wings -will- win the Stanley cup, but I have a definite feeling that we will make it to the Cup finals.

We'll take it from there. But I feel that hand of fate here, able to urge us that far at least, before we have the reins to our own destinies.

I completely agree with everything here. There is some strange aura around this team, and I can't quite put my finger on it. We were thirty seconds away from essentially losing that series to San Jose. There simply HAS to be a reason we were allowed to keep playing. Maybe the Wings lose on Tuesday and this is all wishful thinking, but something is going on here.

To be honest....

I sure hope your right about your feelings. I would hate to allow that lucky ass team to see the cup again.

I can't believe they tied the game like that. and then the deke.

Guest bullocks

To be honest....

we are only down 3-2. i mean it's one game, and ur tied...anything can happen in game 7. saying that, i think its more so the way we lost this game, then it is being an "ordeal"...

he should've put his body in front of the shot not his stick from 15 feet away. Anybody knows tipping a shot with your stick that close to the goalie is asking for trouble.

I wasn't too upset after last nights game. I feel that our domination will get rewarded in Game 6 & Anaheim's "luck" has to ran out.

Ducks don't have the mental toughness to win this series at home.

And before you ask :

are u guaranteeing a win? :o

Yes,I am.

Hopefully me & HC will succeed like Messier with our guarantees (& not like Rasheed Wallace). :D

Guest bullocks

I wasn't too upset after last nights game. I feel that our domination will get rewarded in Game 6 & Anaheim's "luck" has to ran out.

Ducks don't have the mental toughness to win this series at home.

And before you ask :

Yes,I am.

Hopefully me & HC will succeed like Messier with our guarantees (& not like Rasheed Wallace). :D

i'm optimistic too, the only thing i'm worried about is we played two games that we were the better team, their bound to play one where they are.

First post here.

My opinions on last nights game are as such.

I feel that Detroit deserves in every way to at least make the final, and If you ask me, last nights game should not have been an Anaheim victory.

I feel Detroit can and will make a comeback next game, and then hopefully in the final game of the series. lets show these Ducks how playoff games are meant to be won!

Go Wings.

kev.

(I have a personal vendetta against the ducks anyway)

Edited by kevkev

Guest bullocks

First post here.

My opinions on last nights game are as such.

I feel that Detroit deserves in every way to at least make the final, and If you ask me, last nights game should not have been an Anaheim victory.

I feel Detroit can and will make a comeback next game, and then hopefully in the final game of the series. lets show these Ducks how playoff games are meant to be won!

Go Wings.

kev.

(I have a personal vendetta against the ducks anyway)

i hate the ducks. their fans are too cocky for their own good...when they really are nothing without pronger, neidermayer and giguerre....i guess u can throw getzlaf and selanne is there the odd time ;)

OMG this sucks this series should be over Wings have dominated them through and through Man do we miss Schneider and Kronwall especially on the PP cant get nothing going Next 2 games are ours! Hasek will play lights out