• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCF Post-GAME 5 (5/20): Ducks 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

I hate Pronger more then anyone in the league. I've hated that guy since St Louis. It stasrted because he's a loppy idiot. I remember when EDM had Pronger and beat ANA all the duck fans were like "f*** pronger that cheap f*****!" Now they all love him. I swear if Pronger ever came to the Wings I would still hate him. Robs not bad. Giggy is soooooo lucky and it doesn't look like its going to run out anytime soon I mean he's had this lucky in the playoffs for sooooooo long.

Well, that was a tough loss. The Wings played great hockey for the most part, but they made a couple key mistakes that turned out to be decisive. The power play is not getting it done. I see the talent on the ice, and I see the effort and will from the players, but the puck isn't going in. I'd like to say Schneider's absence is part of it, but the PP has sucked all year, even when everyone was healthy. Credit to Anaheim, though. They did a great job killing penalties and Giguere was a wall.

The Wings have to win one game now. I think they'll give a great effort in game six.

Guest bullocks

f*** giguerre...he's good because he takes up the hole net. we just need hasek to play better. next game everyones going to bust their asses. haseks going to clamp down. u better believe it.

I gotta tell ya guys...I am so out of it today. After they lost, i was just bummed the rest of the night and it's carried over at work today. I can't break out of the funk. I wish the wings were playing game 6 tonight because it feels like eternity until the next game.

Before the series, I said that I was comfortable with what the wings had accomplished and that if they lost to the Ducks, they'd be losing to a team arguably as good as they are and I wouldn't really feel that bad. But now, with the way the Wings are losing the series, I just don't feel that way anymore. Now I feel they SHOULD be winning this series.

I feel unusually confident about game 6 though, and I'm usually a pessimist. The wings have outplayed the Ducks the last few games and Giguere is beatable. Hopefully the breaks start going our way. If they do I think we'll win game 6 and the series. The ducks know they better finish it in game 6. Game 6 should be an epic game.

I think Hasek is going to be phenomenal and as long as the wings get more than 1 goal, I gotta think the wings are going to win. Don't bet against Hasek until we lose a playoff series with him in net!

Seriously, please go back to your Duck boards and post there. Nobody here wants to hear what you have to say. We are Wings fans, this is a RED WINGS board.

If you do decide to continue to post here, please tell us why a fan of another team would want to post on the opposing team's boards. I've been curious about this ever since the playoffs started. It's never even crossed my mind to go to another team's boards, because IMO it's childish, annoying, and quite simply retarded.

Fans of opposing teams are more than welcome on this forum.

Read the forum guidelines.

I gotta tell ya guys...I am so out of it today. After they lost, i was just bummed the rest of the night and it's carried over at work today. I can't break out of the funk. I wish the wings were playing game 6 tonight because it feels like eternity until the next game.

Before the series, I said that I was comfortable with what the wings had accomplished and that if they lost to the Ducks, they'd be losing to a team arguably as good as they are and I wouldn't really feel that bad. But now, with the way the Wings are losing the series, I just don't feel that way anymore. Now I feel they SHOULD be winning this series.

I feel unusually confident about game 6 though, and I'm usually a pessimist. The wings have outplayed the Ducks the last few games and Giguere is beatable. Hopefully the breaks start going our way. If they do I think we'll win game 6 and the series. The ducks know they better finish it in game 6. Game 6 should be an epic game.

I think Hasek is going to be phenomenal and as long as the wings get more than 1 goal, I gotta think the wings are going to win. Don't bet against Hasek until we lose a playoff series with him in net!

Yeah I was pissed off all night after that game. When the Ducks scored with 47 seconds left I almost threw my chair through my window. When they scored in overtime I just collapsed into the carpet.

It's a long wait until tomorrow night where hopefully the Hockey Gods smile on the Wings and they get some lucky bounces. After owning periods 2 & 3 - minus that last 90 seconds... and OT... man it sucked to lose.

I'm still confident about Game 6 too. This series has been way too tight for the the Wings to lose three straight games.

Plus the two goals the Ducks scored were the type I don't see the Wings and Hasek giving up again.

Tuesday night should be interesting.

f*** giguerre...he's good because he takes up the hole net. we just need hasek to play better. next game everyones going to bust their asses. haseks going to clamp down. u better believe it.

Hasek played very well last game... what else he should do??? Score goals??? C'mon our Def is weak and that's it...

i hate the ducks. their fans are too cocky for their own good...when they really are nothing without pronger, neidermayer and giguerre....i guess u can throw getzlaf and selanne is there the odd time ;)

Nothing without Pronger Niedermayer and Giguere? LOL They don't have to be without them. Getzlaf is the best player on the ice at times,i guess throwing him in there is a good idea.

You gotta stay confident in anticipation for Game 6, it's the only way the passing time isn't as painful. I'll leave my jitters and potential sorrow for when I'm watching Game 6 at the edge of my seat the entire time. We can definitely do it, it's just now I feel the way the puck bounces in this game has all too much involvement with the eventual fate of this series. We just gotta play heads-up and tough the whole 60 minutes, that's all i want.

Hasek played very well last game... what else he should do??? Score goals??? C'mon our Def is weak and that's it...

Hasek has been incredible. He deserved a better fate last game,but luck was on the ducks side yesterday.

First post here.

My opinions on last nights game are as such.

I feel that Detroit deserves in every way to at least make the final, and If you ask me, last nights game should not have been an Anaheim victory.

I feel Detroit can and will make a comeback next game, and then hopefully in the final game of the series. lets show these Ducks how playoff games are meant to be won!

Go Wings.

kev.

(I have a personal vendetta against the ducks anyway)

welcome to LGW.

well first i was pissed about nbc here blacking out the game so i had to settle for hightlights on my phone at my uncles, the i seen waht seemed to be a 1-0 lead to the last second of the third and ducks scored and end up winning it in OT.

Can someone tell me how the game went down if we played good or not

even tho we lost if you look back at 2002 our last cup win, we went down to the AV 3-2 games who i may say was a way way way better team than the ducks of now, and we had to go up against one mr roy, adn we all remember how that series ended

You have to load up just the musical portion of the disney movie hercules.....

then sing along... "Lil' Ja went for HERO to ZERO in no time flat" :)

Thats how the story breaks down, thats how the cookie crumbled

Edited by OsGOD

I completely agree with everything here. There is some strange aura around this team, and I can't quite put my finger on it. We were thirty seconds away from essentially losing that series to San Jose. There simply HAS to be a reason we were allowed to keep playing. Maybe the Wings lose on Tuesday and this is all wishful thinking, but something is going on here.

I appreciate your mysticism-- I've been feeling it too, a little bit.

For me, I keep hearkening back to '96-- in fact, when Homer got steamrolled, all I could think of was "Oh noooo, It's Kris all over again." Plus I dislike the Ducks nearly as much as I did the Avs back then, and Pronger's been up there in my Top 5 of despised players since he was with the Blues. The 5-0 blowout was reminicent of Roy meltdown as well.

Deja voodoo.....

Maybe we're meant to move on this series, maybe we have to wait until next year for revenge-- either way, something IS going on here for sure. This has been an incredible ride, glad I get to tag along with the lads in red sweaters.

Fans of opposing teams are more than welcome on this forum.

Read the forum guidelines.

That hurt my brain for a second... I thought you were yelling at yourself :lol:

Ok, someone needs to help me out here, because I must be seeing things. They only showed one replay of the one that Lidstrom shot that rang off the pipe, but I very clearly saw a shadow that bounced off the pipe at the back, then the pipe the Jiggy's left before being launched back out the net. Clearly if I'm the only one who saw it, it doesn't make any difference, but I think the Wings will be looking at tape and they will pick up on it and know that despite the goal with 47 seconds left, the win should have been theirs. They will come back and win. Seriously though, no one else saw it? I knew once I saw it that the game would go into overtime and we would lose by that one goal.

How you guys complain so much? In game 4, Rob Niedermeyer got called for a phantom penalty for tripping when some Red Wing took a dive. Then in game 5, o'donnell gets called for tripping when another Red Wing took a dive. If anything, the Red Wings should be called for diving penalities at the very least. Diving when you feel the slightest contact from the opponent is disgraceful and ungentlemanly. The Red Wings need to stop playing like sissy *******. Everyone on the Red Wings should change the name on the back of their jersey to SEAN AVERY.

Well, everyone but Lidstrom. He is the only guy on the Wings with any fortitude or courage. Everybody else plays like punk biatches.

Let's not forget game 2. Ducks win because the refs think Hasek being shoved into the net is okay. I'd call that a sissy way to win a game.

I'm still waiting for the Wings to start running Giguere.

Hasek has been incredible. He deserved a better fate last game,but luck was on the ducks side yesterday.

Lucks been on the f***s side all series. No wait all playoffs they got the easist playoff route (which is supposed to go to the 1st seed i.e Wings)

Guest bullocks

i ment we need hasek to play better then giguerre. if he doesn't, we won't win...just liek what happened last game. sure hasek really had no chance on the two goals...but giguerre was better. that's why he only let in one.

I am still majorly stung by this game. I know it seems dumb to be in a funk over a hockey game, but I really can't get over it. This game hurt.....it really really really hurt.

Nothing without Pronger Niedermayer and Giguere? LOL They don't have to be without them. Getzlaf is the best player on the ice at times,i guess throwing him in there is a good idea.

You mean luckyist. I figured. game 4 the tripping call that lead to a pp game winnner. his foot clearly goes over Cleary's stick. don't tell me that Gayzlaf doesn't smile when he sees the call. He knows he got away with that dive.

You mean luckyist. I figured. game 4 the tripping call that lead to a pp game winnner. his foot clearly goes over Cleary's stick. don't tell me that Gayzlaf doesn't smile when he sees the call. He knows he got away with that dive.

Yeah Getzlaf is just lucky. Thats what he does,he just sits and waits until he gets lucky. The wings are out there diving and have some phantom calls also,especially the call on O'donnell while Pronger was still in the box to set up your 5 on 3. I'm not gonna sit here and cry about calls though. The wings should stop hitting post and finish with their shots. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Yeah Getzlaf is just lucky. Thats what he does,he just sits and waits until he gets lucky. The wings are out there diving and have some phantom calls also,especially the call on O'donnell while Pronger was still in the box to set up your 5 on 3. I'm not gonna sit here and cry about calls though. The wings should stop hitting post and finish with their shots. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Yea we should your right, or maybe we should hit sticks.

okay dont bet on jiggy losing in the playoffs either

hes enver lost a series in the playoffs expect the cup vs devils

jiggy has a better plaoffs record then hasek

Guest bullocks

with twice the size of equipment :lol:

How exactly did Giguere achieve this feat you all may ask? Simple! He puts on 25 pounds every offseason, and wears pads the size of North Dakota. You can't possibly lose with that training schedule.