• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Facing Elimination...

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

there's the truth

You're expending a lot of effort convincing yourself that Wings will lose this series.

Two words: you suck.

Game 7. Let's get there. Tough, eh? But they have to come from somewhere. Every Game 7 in history has been the result of a team staving off elimination in Game 6.

Easier said than done, but getting to the Stanley Cup Finals was never easy to begin with.

Amen. :clap: Excellent point.

Guest Crymson

Game 7. Let's get there. Tough, eh? But they have to come from somewhere. Every Game 7 in history has been the result of a team staving off elimination in Game 6.

Easier said than done, but getting to the Stanley Cup Finals was never easy to begin with.

Well put, as usual.

i think were toast guys

Then don't watch the next game then.

I still like the Wings chances.

Let's face it, make fun of his pads or not, Giguere is a solid goalie. He's won them these past 2 games.

That being said, you never know what is going to happen. I have 2002 to refer to that makes me feel all neat inside, that they have rallied before, and I'll be damned to throw in the towel again.

My mentality right now is, drop the puck now. I'm ready for game 6 RIGHT NOW.

Hasek WILL STEP UP (not that he played bad by any stretch of the imagination today). He did in 2002, and it's going to take something good or clean to beat him a few times. He's not giving up any bad goals on Tuesday.

The Wings are winning this f**king series.

I can tell you guys one thing, Tuesday will be one hell of a game. Yes, I think we'll be tested but we HAVE been the better team throughout this series.....we've either blown them out or barely lost. Every game is a new start, and I really think we can pull out two in a row. If I'm wrong, whatever....but I'm still insanely proud this team to make it as far as they have AND I know if they go out, they'll go out with a bang.

WINGS IN 7!!!

Edited by ShanahanMan

^^^^^^^^^

Sad...

Nothings over until we decide it is!!

nothings over till the REFS decide it...ala letting them rip us off a game pitchforking Hasek into the net for a fake goal...ala ripping us off another game with bogus calls at the end of game 5....

trust me the refs say its over whenever we get momentum, or a chance to win.

DAMN REFS

We can still win, but if will be despite the refs.

if we dont I hope Ottawa pulverizes these quackers...but Ottawa better be prepared for bad reffing against them.

I think we still have a chance though. IM PRAYING THE HOCKEY GODS will stop screwing us. Let those posts and through the creases go in. And stop the bounces going in against us...god, this isnt 2003.

CMON Jiggy, pull a statue of liberty for us.....would that rock!?!?

CMON WINGS

LETS GO RED WINGS!

Somewhere a really fat lady is getting ready to step on a duck!

Edited by Wingsor

Honestly, I think it's somewhat good that we're in this position. We haven't faced elimination yet and this will be a great challenge. I think that if we can pull through, it'll be huge for us in the Finals.

I like the way your thinking man. Love it. :clap: Plus we can't just do it for ourselves. We got to do it for the honor of the Cup. We can't let that beauty touch the hands of players like PRONGER. GIGGY, TEEMU, and GETZLAF. Those player getting their grease slime ballish names on the Cup would take all the honor away form winning it.

Guest MrSandMan

Let's face it, we've still played one hell of a series and we could've easily have been winning it today. We may be down, but we're not out. This next game will be the ultimate test of our character as we face elimination for the first time in the playoffs. We've been there before and we've come through. Now is the time to show up. Keep your spirits high people.

Amen Brotha! :clap:

nothings over till the REFS decide it...ala letting them rip us off a game pitchforking Hasek into the net for a fake goal...ala ripping us off another game with bogus calls at the end of game 5....

trust me the refs say its over whenever we get momentum, or a chance to win.

DAMN REFS

We can still win, but if will be despite the refs.

if we dont I hope Ottawa pulverizes these quackers...but Ottawa better be prepared for bad reffing against them.

I think we still have a chance though. IM PRAYING THE HOCKEY GODS will stop screwing us. Let those posts and through the creases go in. And stop the bounces going in against us...god, this isnt 2003.

CMON Jiggy, pull a statue of liberty for us.....would that rock!?!?

CMON WINGS

LETS GO RED WINGS!

Somewhere a really fat lady is getting ready to step on a duck!

Blaming the refs is a cop-out excuse. Not saying they don't make bad calls, it is defiintely inconsistent, but it's been that way for ALL TEAMS, not just the Red Wings.

I love it. Fantastic post.

Our track record against facing elimination is not good. I think we are 1-6 since the 1997 SC Finals. The only famous exception is the 3-2 come back against the Avs in the 2002 WCF.

However, the Wings are good closers when they make the other team face elimination. If the Wings win Game 6 in Anaheim on Tuesday night...the tide might turn in the Wings favor.

I don't know about you guy's but I'm sure they will take it to that lucky goalie the Ducks have.I mean he is the one who is beating us.The Wings know they can't shot stright at this guy,he is so big he swollows the goal up.The Duck always has two guy's in front when the Wings get into their (the Ducks) zone.They keep the front as clear as Homey will let them.

But I do believe that the Wings will win game 6,but it wont be easy.The Wings have played very good hockey but the lucky bounces have gone the Ducks way.

I think we can truly say that the Ducks did not beat us luck did...

I once knew a man who said "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."--Gladiator

The Wings have shown the heart of a champion in this playoff run. When Clagary came back and tied the first round at 2-2, they responded. When the Sharks went up 2-1 and were winning in the last minute of game 4, they responded. Now down 3-2 to the Ducks....they will respond.

Our track record against facing elimination is not good. I think we are 1-6 since the 1997 SC Finals. The only famous exception is the 3-2 come back against the Avs in the 2002 WCF.

However, the Wings are good closers when they make the other team face elimination. If the Wings win Game 6 in Anaheim on Tuesday night...the tide might turn in the Wings favor.

How can the Wings be 1-6 when facing elimination since the 97 SC Finals, when they won two games (while facing elimination) in the 02 WCF's alone? :sly: When the series score was 3-3 the Wings were still facing elimination, the only difference was the other team was as well.

Go Wings!

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25