• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

Bargain Free Agent Targets?

Rate this topic

One guy that would be relatively cheap but would be a great addition is Scott Hartnell. He's that power forward that we need and once more, he would provide that big right-hand shot that Shanny and Hull used to provide. He's wasn't the Red Wings favorite guy, but he would be a great fit.

One guy that would be relatively cheap but would be a great addition is Scott Hartnell. He's that power forward that we need and once more, he would provide that big right-hand shot that Shanny and Hull used to provide. He's wasn't the Red Wings favorite guy, but he would be a great fit.

He would be a nice addition

UFA DEF

Andy Sutton

Brad Ference

Jim Vandermeer (RFA)

Vitali Vishnevsky

Kimmo Timonen

Sean Hill

Tom Preissing (right hand shot)

Scott Hannan

Craig Rivet (right hand shot)

Cory Sarich (right hand shot)

John Erskin (RFA) depth

UFA FORWARDS

Danius Zubrus

Scott Walker

Michael Handzus

Ian Laperriere

Scott Hartnell

Aaron Asham

Todd Fedoruk

Evgeny Artyukin (RFA) depth

Jeff Cowan

Taylor Pyatt

We need one offensive def (righ hand shot) and one BIG stay at home def.

We need some muscles and 2nd line forward

Homer - Pavel - Zetterberg

Bert - Handzus - Grigorenko (Pyatt)

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Franzen - Fillpula - Grigorenko (Laperriere/Asham)

Lidstrom - Sarich/Preissing

Kronwall - Chelios

Lilja - Lebda

Cory Sarich's right handness doesn't matter anything, cause he is pure defensive D-man. If we want right handed d-man there, he should be then offensive pointman.

Dan Boyle for example.

I'd keep Markov and that Tom Preissing would be interesting. Also Rafalski.

Cory Sarich's right handness doesn't matter anything, cause he is pure defensive D-man. If we want right handed d-man there, he should be then offensive pointman.

Dan Boyle for example.

I'd keep Markov and that Tom Preissing would be interesting. Also Rafalski.

I wrote 1 BIG STAY AT HOME DEF + 1 OFFENSIVE DEF (RIGHT HAND)

Sarich as stay at home DEF + Preissing as offensive DEF

Markov is going to ask 4-5m and Rafalski around 5M so we can't get those guys...

Edited by Dominator2005

Heres what we got under contract

Nick Lidstrom-7.6 million

Pavel Datsyuk-6.7 million

Nicklas Kronwall-3 million

Henrik Zetterberg-2.65 million

Tomas Holmstrom-2.25 million

Kris Draper-2.1 million

Mikael Samuelsson-1.2 million

Andreas Lilja-1 million

Johan Franzen-941,666

Kirk Maltby-888,333

Chris Osgood-850,000

Valtteri Filppula-710,000

Dan Cleary-662,000

Brett Lebda-650,000

Kyle Quincey-510,000

Tomas Kopecky-450,000

Totals-32,161,999

Cap-44,000,000 (I believe)

Room-11,838,001

Our Potential FA's

Mathieu Schneider-will depend on salary, wants about 3.3 million and that aint happening

Danny Markov-Wings interested in keeping him if price is within reason

Chris Chelios-will be welcomed back if interested

Robert Lang-if we lose out on Bertuzzi......it won't matter haha he's gone :clap:

Todd Bertuzzi-chances of coming back are good, but will likely test market

Kyle Calder-not likely to be back

Dominik Hasek-will be welcomed back if interested

Jiri Hudler (RFA)-restricted, will most likely except qualifying offer

one player I could see in a Wings uniform is Slava Kozlov.

Heres what we got under contract

Nick Lidstrom-7.6 million

Pavel Datsyuk-6.7 million

Nicklas Kronwall-3 million

Henrik Zetterberg-2.65 million

Tomas Holmstrom-2.25 million

Kris Draper-2.1 million

Mikael Samuelsson-1.2 million

Andreas Lilja-1 million

Johan Franzen-941,666

Kirk Maltby-888,333

Chris Osgood-850,000

Valtteri Filppula-710,000

Dan Cleary-662,000

Brett Lebda-650,000

Kyle Quincey-510,000

Tomas Kopecky-450,000

Totals-32,161,999

Cap-44,000,000 (I believe)

Room-11,838,001

Our Potential FA's

Mathieu Schneider-will depend on salary, wants about 3.3 million and that aint happening

Danny Markov-Wings interested in keeping him if price is within reason

Chris Chelios-will be welcomed back if interested

Robert Lang-if we lose out on Bertuzzi......it won't matter haha he's gone :clap:

Todd Bertuzzi-chances of coming back are good, but will likely test market

Kyle Calder-not likely to be back

Dominik Hasek-will be welcomed back if interested

Jiri Hudler (RFA)-restricted, will most likely except qualifying offer

one player I could see in a Wings uniform is Slava Kozlov.

It seems like this year cup will be at 47-48M and next year around 51M... I think that Datsyuk contract isn't that bad at all...

Markov will command about what he makes now. While I admit, 2.5 million is a lot for him, he won't go as high as 4 million. Not all Russains are greedy. :P

I live in Québec and trust me every damn night I'm listning about Habs... so I'm pretty sure that he will ask at least 4M. Gainey has no choice than give him top dollar - no one wants to play in Montreal... :rolleyes:

BTW Ryder is RFA and there is a chance that Habs might want to trade him... We could have him at the begining of the last season for Lang...

Edited by Dominator2005

I dunno about O'Neill. Although I think we could pick him up at a fair price, he isnt a consistent player. This season, he started off pretty strong but then finished the last month of the season without a single point.

dont forget he did play with the leafs and he did end up with 21 goals i think it was .....just imagine if he played on a line with datsyuk or zetterberg ??? easily a 30 goal scorer .......he had 2 previous seasons with 30 goals and one with 40 ..........i think he can be a good addition and a fairly good price for us to take a chance on , hes still only 31 and although its close to his hometown , maybe leaving toronto is what he needs after his brothers death

Markov will command about what he makes now. While I admit, 2.5 million is a lot for him, he won't go as high as 4 million. Not all Russains are greedy. :P

When you consider what some Dmen got last year, cough*Kubina*cough, 2.5M isnt that bad.

I was hearing from some TB fans that Sarich might ask for around 3M. IMO, thats way too much, but Id take Sarich over Markov at 2.5M

I also dont think Scott Hartnell will be a "bargain" in this market. I wouldnt be surprised to see him get overpaid at 4M on a 3-4yr contract. Contrary to what many think, there are a lot of smart GMs out there, and theyll take note of the fact that Hartnell is young, experienced, gritty, big, and can score goals. In fact, there are many people out there that think hes one of the top 10 UFAs available out there.

dont forget he did play with the leafs and he did end up with 21 goals i think it was .....just imagine if he played on a line with datsyuk or zetterberg ??? easily a 30 goal scorer .......he had 2 previous seasons with 30 goals and one with 40 ..........i think he can be a good addition and a fairly good price for us to take a chance on , hes still only 31 and although its close to his hometown , maybe leaving toronto is what he needs after his brothers death

KP got it right though. O'Neill is scared to death of flying. That wont fly (no pun intended) on a Detroit team that has to fly almost everywhere. Theres a reason why hes in his 30s and only played in the Eastern Conference.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I live in Qu�bec and trust me every damn night I'm listning about Habs... so I'm pretty sure that he will ask at least 4M. Gainey has no choice than give him top dollar - no one wants to play in Montreal... :rolleyes:

Markov has actually expressed interest to stay in Montreal. This is why I said he'd make about the same as he does now. If he hits the open market, then it's a different story.

When you consider what some Dmen got last year, cough*Kubina*cough, 2.5M isnt that bad.

That's what really sucks about it. A lot of defenseman in the league are going to use comparisons like McCabe and Kubina for contracts of their own. And since McCabe and Kubina both suck, it makes it easier for others to get a raise. The Leafs really screwed the rest of the league on this, and the funny thing is that it was not intentionally. This is their own stupidity coming out of it, and the rest of the league takes the hit too.

Re-sign DANNY Markov

As for forwards stay away from O'neil he doesn't have the speed to play with dats and hank.

Lupul will garner a good young player from us in a trade (i.e. Filpulla, Franzen) NO DEAL

I live in Buffalo and like the Idea of Ales Kotalik (someone mentioned it). He is young has a rocket shot from just about anywhere, descent size and speed. Plus with all of the small speedy players that buffalo has he has had trouble fitting in on the top lines he has been on the 3rd line here. I think he has untapped potential, he can play the point on the Power Play (with the shot he has why not).

Also Zubrus would fit nice

Anyone you get cheap will not fit anywhere but on the second line

Stay away from Gomes he is a playmaker not a finisher we already have plenty of playmakers on the team if we get him we may never actually shoot.

If we let Bertuzzi go we could go for the big player like Smyth or Drury (if buffalo is dumb enough to let him go).

Guest ZDH

Yeah I'm in on the "sign Hartnell" bandwagon. I think many teams will be after him though. Lets hope he wants to be a Wing. I think he would fit in well playing with Filppula and Cleary.

Yeah I'm in on the "sign Hartnell" bandwagon. I think many teams will be after him though. Lets hope he wants to be a Wing. I think he would fit in well playing with Filppula and Cleary.
You'd pay $3.5M+ for another 3rd liner? Edited by Systemfel

Guest ZDH

You'd pay $3.5M+ for another 3rd liner?

I don't believe Hartnell is a 3rd liner. I think he is a legit 2nd liner. No I'd never pay a 3rd liner $3.5 mil. In fact I would not pay Hartnell more than 3. If it goes that high then the Wings should walk away.

Holland might do what he did last summer and not sign any UFA forwards (Greg Johnson) and just wait until the trade deadline again. The UFA prices get crazy on July 1st!

Edited by ZDH

Here are some hot propects that famed Red Wing scout Hakan Anderson discovered on a recent scouting trip. Maybe we should give them a look?

IPB Image

I would absolutely love to see the Wings sign Brashear...and with the way teams take liberties on our star players a salary of a million or less would be a bargain. Plus I would just like to see the Wings fight more....

Guest ZDH

I would absolutely love to see the Wings sign Brashear...and with the way teams take liberties on our star players a salary of a million or less would be a bargain. Plus I would just like to see the Wings fight more....

I'm pretty sure the Caps re-signed Brashear. I'd also like to see an enforcer on the Wings but it's pretty clear Holland sees no need for one. It's hard to find ones who can also take a regular shift like Neil in Ottawa for example.

Detroit don't need a bargain forward. They need to spend money on a quality forward that is a sure bet to score 30 goals. Not some bargain player shackled with question marks.

Hartnell won't come cheap. I'd love to have him, and he's what Detroit need. But Nashville are mental when it comes to matching offers for players the Wings may covet. They'd give Hartnell 5M just to keep him out of Detroit.

I say court Smyth. Woo him. Show him that Detroit loves him, wants him to retire here, and that their commitment to whining is 2nd to none. Then sign him for 5.3M. Some players chose lifestyle and being part of a famed francise, that looks after their players, over money.

I think the bargain might have to come on defence.

I'd love Schenider to re-sign and I'd love to have Sarich too.

But a more realistic option would be to re-sign Markov and sign a guy like Teppo Numminen. 5 M would probably land both players.

That would leave about 3 Million to sign Hasek Chelios.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Smyth - Filpulla - Sameulson

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Franzen - Hudler - Grigorenko

Kopecky

Lidstorm - Markov

Kronwall - Numminen

Chelios - Lebda

Quincey

Hasek

Osgood

You'd pay $3.5M+ for another 3rd liner?

Hartnell isnt a third liner. The guy had 22 goals in 63 games. That puts him on pace for a 29 goal season. Add in the fact that this guy is only 25 but experienced with 6 full seasons under his belt and youve got a guy thats just waiting to break out with the right centerman. Keep in mind, Nashville has always had a ton of great wingers and few centerman so not only does Hartnell fall to the bottom, but he has yet to get the chance to play with a center of Datsyuk/Zetterberg calibre.

In terms of low risk/high reward signings, I think Bertuzzi could fit into that category. The market value for him will be low due to his injuries last year. They might be able to sign him to a low base, high incentive deal kinda like what they did with Dom last year. IF his back holds up, he could be a bargain.

Detroit don't need a bargain forward. They need to spend money on a quality forward that is a sure bet to score 30 goals. Not some bargain player shackled with question marks.

Hartnell won't come cheap. I'd love to have him, and he's what Detroit need. But Nashville are mental when it comes to matching offers for players the Wings may covet. They'd give Hartnell 5M just to keep him out of Detroit.

I say court Smyth. Woo him. Show him that Detroit loves him, wants him to retire here, and that their commitment to whining is 2nd to none. Then sign him for 5.3M. Some players chose lifestyle and being part of a famed francise, that looks after their players, over money.

I think the bargain might have to come on defence.

I'd love Schenider to re-sign and I'd love to have Sarich too.

But a more realistic option would be to re-sign Markov and sign a guy like Teppo Numminen. 5 M would probably land both players.

This was just about to be my next post. Detroit has done the bargain thing already with Samuelsson - didnt work. They did the trade to try and rejuvenate a 25+ goal scorer with Calder - didnt work. They did the trade for a guy with nagging injury problems - the jurys still out on whether he can come back.

Signing Smyth or Drury should be the two guys Detroit is hunting for. Theyre both 30 goal scorers and likely more if they were playing with one or both of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Regarding Hartnell, I dont think Hartnell has his heart set on going back to Nashville, and I dont think Nashville has their heart set on re-signing him. They have Kariya to think about, and theyve already got Sullivan, Dumont, Erat, and Radulov as bona fide top 6 wingers with Arnott and Legwand to center them.

Also, you have to consider that the uncertainity of Nashvilles future could be a deterrent this summer.

In terms of low risk/high reward signings, I think Bertuzzi could fit into that category. The market value for him will be low due to his injuries last year. They might be able to sign him to a low base, high incentive deal kinda like what they did with Dom last year. IF his back holds up, he could be a bargain.

:clap::clap::clap:

He could be like Guerin last year...

This was just about to be my next post. Detroit has done the bargain thing already with Samuelsson - didnt work. They did the trade to try and rejuvenate a 25+ goal scorer with Calder - didnt work. They did the trade for a guy with nagging injury problems - the jurys still out on whether he can come back.

Signing Smyth or Drury should be the two guys Detroit is hunting for. Theyre both 30 goal scorers and likely more if they were playing with one or both of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Regarding Hartnell, I dont think Hartnell has his heart set on going back to Nashville, and I dont think Nashville has their heart set on re-signing him. They have Kariya to think about, and theyve already got Sullivan, Dumont, Erat, and Radulov as bona fide top 6 wingers with Arnott and Legwand to center them.

Also, you have to consider that the uncertainity of Nashvilles future could be a deterrent this summer.

i dont like samuelsson and i dont think alot of people do , but the year before he had 20 goals .....this season if it wasnt for the injuries he'd have another 20 goal season .....so as much as we dont like him , his stats do say we got a bargain ...1.2 million for a 20 goal scorer ???? im pretty sure you wont find alot of those kind of players with that salary on other teams .......and before you say stats dont always tell the whole picture .......yes i agree , but on the stats board say he was a bargain

and about drury and smyth, id love to have one of them but i dont think we'd be able to afford one of those guys

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp