• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

Pronger at it again: elbow to McAmmond's head

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

Sure you can argue the damage was from him hitting his head on the ice, but why did his head hit the ice?

because he got elbowed. but elbowing is a 2 minute penalty. the ref missed it. a blow to the head is not a penalty.

The plot thickens:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AsAq...p&type=lgns

"Anaheim Ducks forward Chris Kunitz's return to the lineup was a short one in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals Saturday.

Playing his first game in three weeks after breaking a bone in his right hand, Kunitz limped off the ice favoring his left leg early in the second period against the Ottawa Senators. He appeared to be hurt after an open-ice check on Ottawa's Dean McAmmond.

Kunitz left the ice and went directly to the team's locker room.

The Ducks announced Kunitz sustained a lower body injury and his return was doubtful. "

Motive, my dear Watson.

that's no motive lol all pronger did was fling out his elbow. ppl need to relax. do i like pronger? no. did it look like a cheap shot? yes. is it suspend able? no way.

It was dirty, and anyone saying he shouldn't get suspended isn't thinking straight. It was a CLEAR elbow to the head and right after Dean let his shot go. That is freaking cheap, and no one should be surprised.

I didn't think I could possibly hate Pronger anymore than I already did and then he does this s***.

He'll get suspended. Probably for two games.

Guest bullocks

It was dirty, and anyone saying he shouldn't get suspended isn't thinking straight. It was a CLEAR elbow to the head and right after Dean let his shot go. That is freaking cheap, and no one should be surprised.

I didn't think I could possibly hate Pronger anymore than I already did and then he does this s***.

He'll get suspended. Probably for two games.

theres no difference between an elbow, and an elbow to the head. hits to the head are not ILLEGAL. he won't be suspended. if he is, i'll come in here and apologize to everyone. cuz he won't be.

because he got elbowed. but elbowing is a 2 minute penalty. the ref missed it. a blow to the head is not a penalty.

Wrong.

{quote]that's no motive lol all pronger did was fling out his elbow. ppl need to relax. do i like pronger? no. did it look like a cheap shot? yes. is it suspend able? no way.

"all pronger did was fling out his elbow"--- yes, and it resulted in a head injury, one that could potentially take out that player for the rest of the finals.

Please see above modified post that you quoted-- I was being facetious. Please further see a previous post of mine saying that I don't think he'll be suspended. Personally, I think he should be, but I doubt he will.

[*yawn* sorry, it's too late to try to figure out my HTML screwup!]

Edited by RedRockit

Guest bullocks

Wrong.

{quote]that's no motive lol all pronger did was fling out his elbow. ppl need to relax. do i like pronger? no. did it look like a cheap shot? yes. is it suspend able? no way.

"all pronger did was fling out his elbow"--- yes, and it resulted in a head injury, one that could potentially take out that player for the rest of the finals.

Please see above modified post that you quoted-- I was being facetious. Please further see a previous post of mine saying that I don't think he'll be suspended. Personally, I think he should be, but I doubt he will.

he shouldn't be. and he won't.

Guest bullocks

He should be, and he will.

lol to bad i didn't no u in person, because i'd be willing to be alot of money down that he wouldn't be.

Guest bullocks

Yeah well even if we know each other I wouldn't be able to bet because I am totally broke. :lol:

lol, well thats too bad :lol:

but seriously, thats not gonna be a suspension. even if it should be, i doubt the league has the balls to suspend him twice in one post-season LOL

It probably will be the classic "Should of, but didn't".

Colin Campbell had his balls cut off years ago. Sorry, but as much as we all hate Captain *******, he'll be in the lineup for Game 4. Not really a bad thing though, since his stupid penalties and losing his temper might actually help the Sens.

Plus, dare I bring up a team that the Ducks played, without Pronger in the lineup, and yet still lost to the Ducks? Who was that team by the way? ;)

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest Crymson

My goodness. That was intentional if I've ever seen it. What a terrible elbow-clothesline. No excuse can be made for this hit. Pronger was not even skating towards the puck.

This is Pronger's second offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out for two games, or even the series. Hell, if Bettman wants to push this one to seven games, a long vacation for Pronger might do the trick. Make it happen, Gary :thumbup:

Guest bullocks

My goodness. That was intentional if I've ever seen it. What a terrible elbow-clothesline. No excuse can be made for this hit. Pronger was not even skating towards the puck.

This is Pronger's second offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out for two games, or even the series. Hell, if Bettman wants to push this one to seven games, a long vacation for Pronger might do the trick. Make it happen, Gary :thumbup:

now i've heard it all :lol:

Think again. Pronger is 6’6, he can’t help but hit people in the head. Don’t you know anything about physics? :rolleyes:

[sarcasm]

I think that Pronger should get at least 1 game for this play, I dont think he will. I was shocked that they actually did that for the hit on Holmstrom, I figured they would wuss out and just let him slide. The NHL should look at this and see that he has a history of doing stuff like this. He's not exactly known as a gentlemanly player. I think above al else the NHL needs to start handing out punishments on a consistant basis. Tootoo punches a guy and gets 5 games (I believe thats what it was if not please correct me), and then everything the baseball bat swing to the gut on Franzen gets only 1 game? The guy was on the ice for, what 18 seconds? what provoked him to do that? I understand he is their backup and wouldnt be playing anyways. But the NHL needs to start backing up what they say, if they dont want guys to get hurt start punishing the guys who go out head hunting...especially if they are repeat offenders.

Guest bullocks

Think again. Pronger is 6’6, he can’t help but hit people in the head. Don’t you know anything about physics? :rolleyes:

[sarcasm]

that would explain it ;)

I think that Pronger should get at least 1 game for this play, I dont think he will. I was shocked that they actually did that for the hit on Holmstrom, I figured they would wuss out and just let him slide. The NHL should look at this and see that he has a history of doing stuff like this. He's not exactly known as a gentlemanly player. I think above al else the NHL needs to start handing out punishments on a consistant basis. Tootoo punches a guy and gets 5 games (I believe thats what it was if not please correct me), and then everything the baseball bat swing to the gut on Franzen gets only 1 game? The guy was on the ice for, what 18 seconds? what provoked him to do that? I understand he is their backup and wouldnt be playing anyways. But the NHL needs to start backing up what they say, if they dont want guys to get hurt start punishing the guys who go out head hunting...especially if they are repeat offenders.

McLennan got 5 games for the baseball swing.

McLennan got 5 games for the baseball swing.

did he? I thought it was only one? Just looked it up and I was worong, thats what I get for trying to post while I should be sleeping. I still think the the NHL needs to step it up though with suspensions when they are valid and especially with repeat offenders.

I think that since this is the second time that he has done something like this in the past 10 games h deserves a bit more than just a suspension. Also he says that this is his style of play and he isnt going to change it, to that I say well this is us enforcing the rules in the NHL and we arent going to change that. Pronger is a jackass and there is no way around it. Although i did think it was cool how the Canadian fans booed him when he touched the puck...

I couldn't get to see any of the game, my local NBC affiliate was running a hospital fundraiser over regularly scheduled programming on NBC all evening. Lame I know, I was pretty pissed, but let's just leave it at that...

Anyways, I didn't read the first 4 pages of responses and just saw highlights of the game online.

Even after Pronger took a run at Yzerman in the 2002 playoffs and goofed up, I didn't think much of him either positively or negatively. Even then I still gave him some benefit of the doubt.

After seeing him elbow Holmstrom the way he did and how he did not take responsibility that he screwed up, and after seeing another elbow this time around, I've lost a lot of my respect for him.

You cannot justify either elbow. It's simply indefensible and I don't care what Duck fans say if he was trying to finish his check or whatever else or if he is taller than everybody else. That's a bunch of crap. You don't deliberatly try to hit people high on the head. Any Duck fans that try to justify Pronger's elbow last night, or are still trying to justify his elbow to Holmstrom, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

I'm not going to go on a tirade that the Ducks just always play dirty hockey or everybody on there just lays a bunch of cheap shots all the time. That's not what all the Duck players are about. It's a shame that some really questionable hits by Pronger taints the Ducks though.

Guest bullocks

I couldn't get to see any of the game, my local NBC affiliate was running a hospital fundraiser over regularly scheduled programming on NBC all evening. Lame I know, I was pretty pissed, but let's just leave it at that...

Anyways, I didn't read the first 4 pages of responses and just saw highlights of the game online.

Even after Pronger took a run at Yzerman in the 2002 playoffs and goofed up, I didn't think much of him either positively or negatively. Even then I still gave him some benefit of the doubt.

After seeing him elbow Holmstrom the way he did and how he did not take responsibility that he screwed up, and after seeing another elbow this time around, I've lost a lot of my respect for him.

You cannot justify either elbow. It's simply indefensible and I don't care what Duck fans say if he was trying to finish his check or whatever else or if he is taller than everybody else. That's a bunch of crap. You don't deliberatly try to hit people high on the head. Any Duck fans that try to justify Pronger's elbow last night, or are still trying to justify his elbow to Holmstrom, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

I'm not going to go on a tirade that the Ducks just always play dirty hockey or everybody on there just lays a bunch of cheap shots all the time. That's not what all the Duck players are about. It's a shame that some really questionable hits by Pronger taints the Ducks though.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, i guess horse racing got the day off ;)

theres no difference between an elbow, and an elbow to the head. hits to the head are not ILLEGAL. he won't be suspended. if he is, i'll come in here and apologize to everyone. cuz he won't be.

so you are trying to say hits to the head are legal? :lol::rolleyes:

get a clue pal..

Guest Shoreline

:D

They did the same thing here on the local NBC -- airing the Children's Miracle Network fundraiser which started not a minute after the game finished, and just ended about 20 minutes ago. Although, I at least was able to watch the game.

Yeah I was pretty irked. I get my TV from a local cable provider, they've been great with Versus and NHL Center Ice this year, but I was a bit irked and perplexed at this one. I know hockey is not even close to the main squeeze down in my neck of the woods, but still, cancelling a game when it's in the championship phase when there's no natural disaster or major emergency, doesn't make sense. I tried going to a sports bar down here that's broadcasted a lot of the playoffs, they have Direct TV, but they couldn't find the game on any alterrnative NBC channels or any other stations. I checked listings though for game 4 Monday, they aren't going to shaft me again from what I checked out. If they do, I'm going nuts with a complaint letter/hate mail.

Guest bullocks

so you are trying to say hits to the head are legal? :lol::rolleyes:

get a clue pal..

last time i checked, there is no penalty for a hit to the head. thanks.