• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Legionnaire11

Balsillie wants a Cup run IN NASHVILLE!

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

What does that have to do with anything? They'll be gone in two years anyways. Obviously he has money.

Edited by bullocks

What does that have to do with anything? They'll be gone in two years anyways. Obviously he has money.

two years huh? :rolleyes:

we're going to blow away the 14k figure next season, and that guarantees another 3 seasons after that. at the very least preds will be in Nashville for 4 more years.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1097512

if they're fixing games to get the cup into non-traditional markets. Then why have the Preds been out in the first round every season?

I mean, if all they have to do is swing a cup this way to stop the bleeding, then why is there a vote at the end of the month to approve the sale of the franchise?

I am calling it right now. fixed!

I can just see bettman before handing the cup out. "Last year your team was threaten to move out of Nashville, now your team has the Stanley Cup."

Guest bullocks

two years huh? :rolleyes:

we're going to blow away the 14k figure next season, and that guarantees another 3 seasons after that. at the very least preds will be in Nashville for 4 more years.

lol, yah okay. if u think balsillie bought the preds for $220 million to save the franchise u got something else coming. i'm from southern ontario. he re-activated the lease at the copps colliseum in hamilton and bought land in kitchener, but ur right he's going to keep the team in nashville.

lol, yah okay. if u think balsillie bought the preds for $220 million to save the franchise u got something else coming. i'm from southern ontario. he re-activated the lease at the copps colliseum in hamilton and bought land in kitchener, but ur right he's going to keep the team in nashville.

I guess in SoOnt they conveniently leave out a few details of what they're telling you. First, he paid $220M for the Preds AND Powers Management. Even though Leipold lost $70M on the preds, Powers made $43M. So when you average it all out, the total losses were only $3M per season. And you can factor every 1,000 seats/game sold as $2-3M. So if the Preds average 1,000 more per game, or make a deeper playoff run, then they make a profit. Also, Balsillie got into a bidding war with the kansas city group. Their offer was up to $200M. Preds also signed a naming rights partner for the arena (now Sommet Center) wich is work $2-3M per year. So, hitting the 14k mark, and making a profit being totally realistic? How is the BoG going to approve a relocation then?

BeeRYCE, there's going to be a surge in paid attendance this season. I guarantee it. It's because people want to save the team. How is that not incentive to buy more tickets? do you think a new owner is going to drive people away?

Edited by Legionnaire11

Guest bullocks

I guess in SoOnt they conveniently leave out a few details of what they're telling you. First, he paid $220M for the Preds AND Powers Management. Even though Leipold lost $70M on the preds, Powers made $43M. So when you average it all out, the total losses were only $3M per season. And you can factor every 1,000 seats/game sold as $2-3M. So if the Preds average 1,000 more per game, or make a deeper playoff run, then they make a profit. Also, Balsillie got into a bidding war with the kansas city group. Their offer was up to $200M. Preds also signed a naming rights partner for the arena (now Sommet Center) wich is work $2-3M per year. So, hitting the 14k mark, and making a profit being totally realistic? How is the BoG going to approve a relocation then?

BeeRYCE, there's going to be a surge in paid attendance this season. I guarantee it. It's because people want to save the team. How is that not incentive to buy more tickets? do you think a new owner is going to drive people away?

it sounds liek your trying to convince urself that he's going to keep them there, and not me. nashville will be moving, have fun while it lasts. obviously he's not going to come out and say it but if u think for one second he wants the team in nashville your only kidding yourself.

I can just see bettman before handing the cup out. "Last year your team was threaten to move out of Nashville, now your team has the Stanley Cup."

Ugh I can see it now. He comes out with his hands up to the boos..."I come with gifts." He always says that before presenting the Cup b/c he always gets booed. And then his bobbling troll head says that. He would say that too. :rolleyes:

it sounds liek your trying to convince urself that he's going to keep them there, and not me. nashville will be moving, have fun while it lasts. obviously he's not going to come out and say it but if u think for one second he wants the team in nashville your only kidding yourself.

Exactly. The whole reason his deal with the Pens fell through is because Mario refused to let him move it out of PIttsburgh.

Why on earth would he keep a $220M investement, that loses money, in the worst hockey market in North America?

Liopold begged Nashville to support the team and was very public about trying to draw local investors. NOBODY stepped up to the plate and the building was still half empty every single night despite having one of the best teams in the league.

I don't know how you're going to get more fans in the building now that the hometown owned club has been sold to a guy that is widely known for wanting a team in Southern Ontario.

Besides, this guys very bright and has deep pockets. No lease is going to keep him there.

Preds will be out of Nashville in 2 years tops. Chances are they'll be somewhere else by the beginning of the 08-09 season.

It sucks for true Preds fans, but the fact is it's a horrible hockey market with a terrible fan base. It should have never been there in the first place.

Edited by Hank

In today's NHL, the deep pockets of an ower don't mean anything. After all, what good is $100 million pockets going to do you, if you can't spent more than $44?

The Preds will be on the move. I personally hope it is somewhere in southern Ontario, that'd mean I could catch a few more games every year.

One last point, even if the Preds start to draw some fans, it won't save this franchise in Nashville. You'd have to have 2 years of solid sellouts for Ball to even give keeping the Preds in Nashville a fleeting thought.

Good on you guys then.

I hope the fans do start showing up. The Preds are a good team, so there is no reason why they shouldn't sell out every game. Heck, the ticket prices are so cheap, it really makes me wonder! But still though, I hope for the teams sake the fans become a little more interested.

Guest jaytan

Of course he's going to try to win. And of course he's going to say he's going to try to win to keep the team in Nashville.... But win or not, they'll be moving as soon as possible.

I buy the team for $220 -overpriced - considering - low sales in corporate boxes

lost money every year..need to get out - need ticket sales below 14,000

how do i do that ?? RAISE the price of tickets !! DUH

Of course he's going to try to win. And of course he's going to say he's going to try to win to keep the team in Nashville.... But win or not, they'll be moving as soon as possible.

Right. Also, what limits have the Preds had on their team salary?

Either way, it's win-win for Balsillie. You may as well make your team into a contender while you get ready to jump them into a new market.

This report is a PR bandaid, pure and simple. Preds season ticket holders are holding back nervously in the wake of the sale: this is an obvious (and rather insulting) attempt to soothe their (well-founded) fears in order to not lose any more $$ than absolutely necessary in the inevitable transition to Ontario.

All B needs is a relatively short attendance total: even were there heightened ticket sales next season or two, that won't stop the move. As Hank said, the man has deep pockets. And an agenda, a rather brilliant one at that. The Golden Horseshoe has 8 million hockey fans, and they can't all fit into Air Canada Centre.

I'm verry sorry to Preds fans, but the writing is on the wall, and it's not a happy message for you.

If that's the case, Sidney Crosby would have hoisted the Cup last night.

Sid does not play for a sun belt team, so no it is not the case.

Keep the team competitive?

What the hell were you guys this year? If you had won two more games, you would have had the Presidents Trophy. There's not much more that could be added to that team that will improve their situation seat-wise, with the exclusion of corporate support or doing well in the playoffs (Enjoy San Jose again this year)