• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingfan191

Official new NHL jersey thread

Rate this topic

Ok, there are way too many rumors going on about the new NHL uniforms debuting next year and it's putting wrong information out there to unsuspecting people. I have connections with people in the video game industry who work at companies who make the EA NHL 0x and NHL 2Kx games. I've tried pressing them to tell me what new uniforms will be in the games this fall since they have to see them first in order to make the correct textures. I also follow this stuff on many other boards and know when the info is legit or just a fan manip.

Here's a list of things that will or will not be happening with the new jersey's next season.

- All 30 teams will be getting the new FORM FITTING Reebok Edge jersey's and socks.

- Not every team will be getting new designs or logo changes

- Teams will NOT be forced to use the front shoulder numbering like the Sabres did on their new uni's.

- Reebok is not disallowing horizontal striping or forcing teams to all use the same template

- Any "template" jersey's you see on the internet are NOT REAL!!! They are fan made. They are real once you see an NHL player wearing them at the Draft or when they show up on each teams website or NHL Store.

- You will NOT be seeing the new uniforms in screen shots from the new video hockey games yet. They are NOT allowed to show them until the NHL does first. So if you any of you game players out there see the new screens of NHL 08 or NHL 2K8 and see the old uniforms in there, don't worry, they will be later on.

- The new Reebok Edge jersey's WILL BE EXPENSIVE! Going by how much the All Star jersey's were, an authentic lettered jersey will run about 400 bucks, while a replica lettered will run close to 200 bucks. Non lettered jersey's will of course run a bit cheaper respectively.

- There will no longer be 3rd jersey's in the NHL. Every team that had them, will be dropping them.

- Teams that have been either confirmed or HEAVILY rumored to be getting a completely new look this season are as follows...

Boston - Their uniforms were shown to the media last night in a private event, they will not be shown publicly until the Draft this Friday.

Dallas - They will now be putting the players jersey number on the front of the jersey below the logo. Their uniform will be undergoing changes as well as their logo.

San Jose - They will be getting a slight re-design and getting a burnt orange color added to their color scheme.

Calgary - Their AHL affiliate (Quad City Flames) showed off their new uni's already and it's believed to be that the Flames will be using the same jersey minus the flaming Q letter as seen here...

IPB ImageIPB Image

Vancouver - Will be going back to the blue/green/white color scheme, but no one knows what logo they will be using. The rumored favorite is the Orca C logo they use now, but slightly altered (either in color, design, or both).

Washington - Will be going back to their red/white/blue colors with all new logo and design. These will be shown on Friday during the Draft.

Columbus - Will now be using their old 3rd jersey as their main darks as well as the "star" logo as their main logo. Will be getting a white version of their 3rd's and dropping the neon green/yellow color from their color scheme completely. So bye bye Stinger.

Ottawa - Will be using a new logo. Expect it to be a variation of the classic side view logo and the newer turned angry face logo. Will also be using their red jersey as their main dark, dropping the black jersey.

That is all that I've heard that I believe to be true. There are of course rumblings that some other teams will be getting new logos/designs but I've only heard it from like one person on a message board, so I'm not going to bother posting that info since it's probably bogus anyways.

To get an idea of what the texture and style will look like, here are screens from EA's NHL 08 using last years ALL STAR uniforms.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/...07011218116.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/...07011245318.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8396/93...creen001pd3.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9295/crosby08yr9.jpg

I'll reserve my judgment until I see a Red Wings one, but if they're anything like the style or design of those All Star ones, I'm not going to be a big fan of them.

But hey, I didn't like the new NHL rules either a few years ago.

I still can't believe how real that shot of Crosby looks.

Now if only they could make the game play like it should.......

Thanks for the post Brent. Can't wait to see this stuff at the draft.

-Tim

I'll be pissed if they change anything on the Wings jersey . But even if they do I'll still be getting one to wear when I'm supporting my favourite team.

I agree with the picture's from NHL '08 though ... the graphic's look awsome. :thumbup:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

I've been adamantly against changing jerseys since the rumors began stirring after the lockout, but the more I hear about them the more accepting I become. I still don't think it's a particularly necessary change, but as long as they're not ridiculous-looking I think I'll live.

Guest jaytan

Caps new design was partially leaked.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by jaytan

wow those graphics are awesome. at first glance i thought that was an actual picture of crosby, not a picture from a game

If you think that one was good, check out this one of Brind'Amour that Brent dug up:

IPB Image

I like what I am seeing in some of the new unis lets just hope that they Winged wheel looks good, Tradition is such a big part of hockey, I would rather see shields enforced in league instead of changing the unis

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

Caps new design was partially leaked.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ha, I was just coming here to post those. Yeah, these are pretty much official for the Caps. The images were hidden on the Capital's website and in an embedded Flash movie on their site.

I hope the Red Wings jerseys look nothing like the all-star jerseys. Just plain ugly and awful.

Don't worry, like I said. The Wings jersey's will still look identical to their current jersey in terms of striping, logo, colors, and design. The ONLY change is that they will be of the new material and slimmer.

That thing doesn't look 8% faster. Maybe only 3%..... :rolleyes:

2% tops. :P

That Cap sweater is looking GREAT though. It deserves the capital letters. Don't know about the arm stripes... they look good in the second picture with the bent arms though.

About NHL 08 though--they gotta do something about the gameplay. That game seriously is cake, the graphics can't save it.

I didn't mind them but that's only as a one off . I don't think I would want to see them all the time.

They were pretty lame, to me. There was nothing interesting about their design at all... there really wasn't.

The purple shouldered jersey that Fedorov wore one year in the North America vs. World was good, if I recall, but it's been a while and I don't know if there're any sites that have images of the yearly all star jerseys. But these remain my near-favorites:

IPB Image

I'm not even all that old either, seriously. But I wonder if those geezers like Hank or harold would agree with the old style All Star design. :P

Edited by Flip-check

They were pretty lame, to me. There was nothing interesting about their design at all... there really wasn't.

The purple shouldered jersey that Fedorov wore one year in the North America vs. World was good, if I recall, but it's been a while and I don't know if there're any sites that have images of the yearly all star jerseys. But these remain my near-favorites:

IPB Image

I'm not even all that old either, seriously. But I wonder if those geezers like Hank or harold would agree with the old style All Star design. :P

I wish that the NHL would go back to jersey's similar to the one that you posted for the All Star game's.

I like all the jerseys the way they are and this is good topic. However, I dont have a problem with a change. Some of the potential leaked jerseys look cool, I just think the orginal 6 shouldn't change. They are the roots, and the roots should stay as is. As for others, change is good every now and then.

The Capitals jerseys posted in this thread are God aful ugly, I don't like them what so ever, other potential desgins that were previously discussed, I liked, these however, NO!

As far as those old all-star jerseys, I think those are disgusting. Orange and black don't complement each other at all, and reminds me of Halloween. I like colors that were used in the late 90's.

IPB Image

As for NHL 08, I am so excited to get it. The graphics look amazing, and I read quite a bit on the gameplay , and its getting tweeked so its a more solid game!

Edited by Hockey13Playa