• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingfan191

Official new NHL jersey thread

Rate this topic

Am I the only one who HATES that new Caps jersey? They're AWFUL. I always hated the old-style jersey too, I think the best look they ever had was when they played the Wings in the '98 Finals and had the blue jersey with the black stripe.

This new red jersey SUCKS. I don't even think those white stripes underneath the arms are the same height. If they were to use that shoulder logo as the primary logo and forget they ever had "caPiTaLs" in stupid ugly lettering on the front, I'd dig it.

Guest jaytan

I agree about the Caps jerseys sucking. It would look OK for a team called the Crapitals.

Yes, terrible. The red-white-blue jersey we saw was much better.

Troy, the RBK jerseys are HEAVIER? That's strange... they're supposed to make you 8% faster!

Guest jaytan

Some conspiracy theorizing for you...

NHL.com is currently only selling 25 "Draft Day" hats. The teams missing are:

Anaheim

Boston

Ottawa

San Jose

Washington

They've been removed - but there were a few good finds on the site (you have to mess around with the urls). The new Boston and Washington caps were there (the Boston change is very subtle, the 'B' is a little fancier now) but the rest weren't. Ottawa's was there too, it was just the 3D logo (from their red jerseys) instead of the flat, classy one.

I think Anaheim is just going to switch from the wordmark to the bullet 'D' as their main crest. San Jose is rumored to change their logo to be a full shark, and utilize more of the orange that is currently only used as the color for the stick in the logo.

Vancouver is going to change, but it will be after the draft.

Edited by jaytan

I do not know anything about the color schemes, but material wise I have some information that might be accurate. This spring season my Jr. C team got jerseys from RBK to try them out and see what we thought. I do not know if these are the jerseys the NHL is going to use next year or not. However, if they are, the jerseys were made very similar to the new practice jerseys the NHL used this year. They are very heavy compared to current jerseys, and yes they are form fitted but they are not nearly as bad as it is made out to be. I had plenty of room to get my pads under it, and it was not skin tight. There were vents under the arms but skating in the spring/summer it is still very hot in them.

Again I am not positive if these jerseys are what the NHL is going to use or not, but marterial wise if these are the new jerseys they are actually pretty nice.

Troy

Not the same as what's coming out next year. I have an RBK jersey too, like you say it's the same or heavier than most practice jerseys, but it's not the new material or fit. Besides, nothing beats a Southfield Warriors jersey! (I coach the 94 team, we skated after you guys on Mondays last year.)

if your skating in the spring/summer wouldnt u still be skating in an indoor rink? so there for it would be just as cool as it would be during the winter/fall ! just wondering?

Even an indoor rink can get pretty warm in the spring/summer... the ice stays cold but the air is affected by outside temperatures.

I'm curious if the rangers are going to go classic or miss liberty for their dark

I'm going to say classic, just because there and original 6. there going to stay to tradition like how we do.

I'm going to say classic, just because there and original 6. there going to stay to tradition like how we do.

That's how I'm leaning, but they did wear Ms. Lib a bit the last couple seasons. She'll prob stay though as a shoulder patch.

Everybody wants the original 6 to stay traditional, but you've gotta remember, how many different Jerseys have the bruins gone through? or the Leafs? The Hawks have been stagnant for the past 40 years, but before that, they were changing all the time. For the Wings, Habs and Rangers, it's traditional to keep everything the same, but for the other 3, (give or take chicago) it's all about changing and evolving and keeping up with the style.

Like the new Caps Jersey, I think the blue 96-2000ish one was their nicest, and I really like their white one, but this one really gets back to their roots, a whole lot better than Buffalo did. I'm all for the Caps new jersey.

I'd personally see the canucks go back to yellow and black. I think the times are ready for mustard jerseys again, just look at the sales of their retro jersey...I bought one. but, for some reason that green and blue style remains the most popular, so i'm cool with them going with that. From most of what I've heard from the people that like it, they all love just the plain stick as the logo.So, hopefully, for the fans that liked that Jersey, they'll jsut go back to the original logo.

I hate the Sens new Jerseys, the red ones, I much prefer the original logo, and the original black and white with red trim jerseys.

San Jose, seems to be a major overhaul, wich is fine....I stopped liking their jerseys since they moved away from the simple design, and tried to 2000ize it. It got too busy, and IMO doesn't look good at all.

Hopefully, we'll get some positive this year, last year, I didn't like Buffalo's change, and I hated anaheim's change, they went from a team with a logo and a color scheme that was original and cool, to a bland colored jersey with no logo...From the looks of the Caps jersey, this looks promising

I really like the new Caps and Bruins jerseys. Both are traditional and classic-looking (although Washington's throws in some modern design work too). I'm anxious to see Vancouver's. I'm hoping they go with something similar to their retro/original jerseys...

And I agree, the league is ready for some yellow jerseys. I'd love to see the Kings return to Gold and Purple. If the Lakers can still pull it off, the Kings could too. Maybe Dallas could go with a Gold and Green combo, a la the old Golden Seals.

Everybody wants the original 6 to stay traditional, but you've gotta remember, how many different Jerseys have the bruins gone through? or the Leafs? The Hawks have been stagnant for the past 40 years, but before that, they were changing all the time. For the Wings, Habs and Rangers, it's traditional to keep everything the same, but for the other 3, (give or take chicago) it's all about changing and evolving and keeping up with the style.

Like the new Caps Jersey, I think the blue 96-2000ish one was their nicest, and I really like their white one, but this one really gets back to their roots, a whole lot better than Buffalo did. I'm all for the Caps new jersey.

I'd personally see the canucks go back to yellow and black. I think the times are ready for mustard jerseys again, just look at the sales of their retro jersey...I bought one. but, for some reason that green and blue style remains the most popular, so i'm cool with them going with that. From most of what I've heard from the people that like it, they all love just the plain stick as the logo.So, hopefully, for the fans that liked that Jersey, they'll jsut go back to the original logo.

I hate the Sens new Jerseys, the red ones, I much prefer the original logo, and the original black and white with red trim jerseys.

San Jose, seems to be a major overhaul, wich is fine....I stopped liking their jerseys since they moved away from the simple design, and tried to 2000ize it. It got too busy, and IMO doesn't look good at all.

Hopefully, we'll get some positive this year, last year, I didn't like Buffalo's change, and I hated anaheim's change, they went from a team with a logo and a color scheme that was original and cool, to a bland colored jersey with no logo...From the looks of the Caps jersey, this looks promising

Well, the Bruins and the Leafs have made a few changes, but all the Leafs have done is tweak the leaf and change the striping a little, and the Bruins have done the same only less so. Pretty sure all Chicago ever did is to introduce a black third jersey, which thankfully is going away.

As for the Sens, yes, the red wavy jersey they have sucks, as does the logo they wear on it.

The Capitals need to forget they ever had "roots", because their roots suck. I think it's kind of ironic you don't like the new Ducks jerseys because they only have a wordmark and no logo but like the Caps' going back to a (hideously ugly) wordmark. At least there's fewer stars dotting the landscap on this one, and the Caps haven't given any indication of going with white pants like they did once upon a time. That shoulder patch is cool. As I said before: Make the shoulder patch the logo on front, and they'd have a winner.

Regarding the Canucks, I could definitely do without the yellow, but that flying skate logo they used is the best they've had in their history. Bringing back that look would be awesome.

Finally, the Bruins: Glad they kept the horizontal stripe on the bottom. Looks good. Shoulder patch is a winner too. But hell, any redesign that got rid of the poopstain bear would have been a huge plus.

Guest jaytan

IPB Image

Straight outta the Cap's website, it's officially their new jersey.

I love 'em!

Ugh.... It looks a little bit better than it did in the leaked pics, but I still think it's awful. That shoulder patch was an interesting idea (eagle, W, capitol dome), but I don't think it works.

I really like the new Caps and Bruins jerseys. Both are traditional and classic-looking (although Washington's throws in some modern design work too). I'm anxious to see Vancouver's. I'm hoping they go with something similar to their retro/original jerseys...

And I agree, the league is ready for some yellow jerseys. I'd love to see the Kings return to Gold and Purple. If the Lakers can still pull it off, the Kings could too. Maybe Dallas could go with a Gold and Green combo, a la the old Golden Seals.

I agree for the most part. I like the Caps, altough I'd of liked the old school ones from before they went to the blue with the eagle on it. Bostons are awesome. Vancover I'd like the black ones back, but anything has to be better than blue and purple or whatever it is now. I'd like dallas to use the north stars color scheme, and L.A. should do the black and silver. Colorado should change to the Quebec color scheme, with an A similar to Quebec's N.

Edited by bringback91