• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chelios57

Holland: "Lang won't be back"

Rate this topic

I may be reading people wrong, but there's only 1 person who said they don't want Calder back (other than management). Everyone else suggested they wouldn't mind him for a good price, including myself. I have no problem with him. When he started, he played well. His ice time dried up for whatever the reason may be.

Lang.....not really any surprise. I'm wishy washy on him. I guess the money would be better spent on someone who will give more effort consistently. :huh:

Oh I know only one person in this thread, but I guess i'm just stating from other threads where lots of people pretty much ragged on Calds because of the post season and said he wasn't worth bringing back.

Woah..that was the longest sentence ever. ^^ I am horrible with grammar. lmao

Reem: I want Calder back too. I thought he was great here. What happened in the playoffs I don't know, but before that, he was a great pickup. By far better then Williams.

Here's hoping! :beerbuddy:

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

what does petr svoboda have to do with lang....why did holland say that he contacted him. i would lol if svoboda became robert langs agent or something rediculous like that

Yes. Svoboda is Lang's agent. And for those who are wondering, it is the same Svoboda who was a defenseman in the NHL, and first ever Czech to play 1000 NHL games.

Guest Agalloch

:yowza: YAY! I don't know why I'm so happy! I like this. We're moving forward.

Heroes of Hockeytown in going to be devastated.

P.S. I humbly offer myself as being the official bearer of the "lazy and sucks" title until we can dub another player.

There's no need for that. As far as I know, Samuelsson is still on the team.

Guest DetroitIan

I can't wait to see who will be replacing Langer in the lineup. I have total faith in Kenny, So im sure it will be a great replacement. But Im just so pumped to find out who Kenny boy is going for.

I can't wait to see who will be replacing Langer in the lineup. I have total faith in Kenny, So im sure it will be a great replacement. But Im just so pumped to find out who Kenny boy is going for.

Christopher Drury. *drools at the thought of seeing him in a Wings uni*

For me this is bitter sweet. I support all the players on the team and over the years I've grown fond of Langer. That being said, he never lived up to the hype here in Detroit. I remember how badly Kenny wanted him and how hard he worked to get the deal done. I met Lang he was an incredibly nice guy, quiet but nice. I wish him the best of luck and I hope he finds his scoring touch again somewhere this season. As a business decision this was the right move.

Thank God. Not a total surprise anyways, though I did get a little scare after the season in review thing on FSN thought he would be back. Great that he's not, and it's good to get conformation from Kenny himself.

Reem: I want Calder back too. I thought he was great here. What happened in the playoffs I don't know, but before that, he was a great pickup. By far better then Williams.

In the playoffs, Calder wasn't playing with a hot Hudler.

For me this is bitter sweet. I support all the players on the team and over the years I've grown fond of Langer. That being said, he never lived up to the hype here in Detroit. I remember how badly Kenny wanted him and how hard he worked to get the deal done. I met Lang he was an incredibly nice guy, quiet but nice. I wish him the best of luck and I hope he finds his scoring touch again somewhere this season. As a business decision this was the right move.

I met Lang this past season and it's one of the main reasons why I am bummed. Great guy. Really nice, and funny. I'll never forget when I asked for his sig he knew my cousin and I had been waiting for like a half hour and then right when he came back out for us to sign our jerseys a whole crowd of people came outta nowhere and cut in front of me and he got a little mad at them then looked at me in the back, called me over, and told everyone "she was here first." He then signed my jersey, let me take a pic with him, and then winked at me. LOL it was great. Awww Langer I'm gonna miss you! :crybaby:

He played for the sharks ?? I didnt realize , and good riddance , for a guy whos like 6'2 , He couldnt throw a body check for his life.

Yes. He started the 2005-2006 season with the Sharks, scoring 2 goals and 9 assists in 39 games before being claimed off of waivers by Boston.