• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chelios57

Holland: "Lang won't be back"

Rate this topic

There's a lot more players to re-sign, Lang's 3.8 isn't going to get us a ton right now.

OK, but that has nothing to do with Datsyuk. Every team has players to re-sign. Nobody said that it's going to get us out of a ton, but it's still 3.8 million dollars, AND the cap is increasing. It helps, especially when you're losing very expensive dead weight.

Edited by MotownIce

Aye, no real suprise... now we just have t' find another player t' score those last second series extendin' goals o'er there'll be strappin' to the masthead, we be no better off in the Playoff outcome department.

Guest nutz2u

The guy played smaller than Hudler. Wonder what kind of numbers Squirt would have had if he had Langs' minutes.

The guy played smaller than Hudler. Wonder what kind of numbers Squirt would have had if he had Langs' minutes.

Arrr, possibly played smaller but scored way bigger goals. Hopefully huddles will get more ice time, but babs is still the coach... so that is a big Nope... ride the pine young man, argh!

Guest Shoreline

Wewt. No Lang, I'm happy. It's not like this is much of a surprise either. Way too much inconsistency on offense, absolutely sucked on defense. Created way too many power play opportunities, especially crucial ones, for the opposing team.

Okay with Lang gone , who will become LGW's "official" whipping boy for 07-08 :huh:

The next lazy arse who gives about 15%, every shift, I imagine.

I can't be too hard on Calder -- he's been on the team only since around the trade deadline. However, Lang's had more than enough time to shape up, and he hasn't. So he can shoo, and let in someone else who works harder and will provide more effort on both sides of the ice.

Edited by Shoreline

Thank goodness. That's all I can say.

On another note, I thought the ad I got on the news page was a pretty hilarious coincidence.. and fitting. Apparently Blue Cross/Blue Shield treats laziness, but Bob didn't want to be helped.

IPB Image

That's pretty funny. haha.

He has good size, a strong shot, and on his off year is good for 50+ points. In spite of his work ethic, I think he'll find a home somewhere in the NHL.

And in his 3 postseasons in Detroit, Lang has 9 goals and 23 points. 62 points in the regular season last year, and 52 this year.

It's definitely time for him to go, but I think the bashing here is getting a little ridiculous.

I agree. ^ ^ ^

Shoot man an off year with 52 points isn't bad. To put in in perspective, Shane Doan- a player I respect and am a big fan of- was the leading scorer of the Coyotes with 55 points.

Sure different circumstances but the Wings are pretty spoiled with the talent we have.

That being said, he didn't entirely show up in the playoffs and at 3.8 mil I'm OK seeing him go.

Guest Crymson

Shoot man an off year with 52 points isn't bad. To put in in perspective, Shane Doan- a player I respect and am a big fan of- was the leading scorer of the Coyotes with 55 points.

Sure different circumstances but the Wings are pretty spoiled with the talent we have.

That being said, he didn't entirely show up in the playoffs and at 3.8 mil I'm OK seeing him go.

Shane Doan plays for a hideous team. He at least puts forth effort out there, in any event.

No real surprise. People were a little rough on the guy, but I'll agree the money is better spent elsewhere. I don't really care either way with Bert either depending on the money. If he comes cheap enough great, if not, the money's best spent elsewhere.

You're right. A hot Lang probably also had an effect.

Apparently you forgot that the reason Holland got Calder was because the 2nd line was doing absolutely nothing. It's the other way around. Lang was in a slump, they brought in Kyle to maybe spark the second line and it worked.

Doan definitely does play for a crap team, but he was also getting 4 or 5 more minutes per game than Bobby.

That doesn't matter. Who were Doan's linemates this season? Mike Comrie? And that was for about only half the season. After that I can't even remember who's left on that team (no, Roenick was never a first line center in Phoenix either, since him and Gretzky hated each other).

Well my girlfriend will be pissed!!! She loves Lang. :D

On the ice I'm glad to see him out of here. He would have demanded too much money and ice to stick around here. There are more pressing matters at this time.

Off the ice he has been one of more funny guys to see and here from. Its kind of a shame to see this part leave.

Best of luck Robert!

Does this open a spot for Huds or Grigs, or is it filled by a vet in a trade or a FA. Maybe Babs was so hard on Huds this year because he wanted him to fill this void he knew was coming.

I don't think many people that follow the wings are suprised, I'm not. Lang has been awfully disappointing at least half the time. And he's getting up there, so it's not like he'll be getting any better.

I agree with anyone saying this will give Detroit an opportunity to bring up a hungry young prospect, it's what I'd like to see. But I won't rule out filling the part with a FA aquisition, or a trade. I wouldn't be objectional toward that happening, but it's just gotta be the right guy.

I'm going to miss the guy. I've always loved having Lang in Detroit. I know a ton of you guys bashed the guy...and I still have yet to understand why. Lang went out and did what he was supposed to do. Just because the guy did not go out on the ice night in and night out and not score EVERY night doesn't make him horrible. Lang is way more of a play maker...and that is not always a bad thing. He's a great guy...and talented player. He got the Wings out of a couple of tough situations this past season...especially in the playoffs. I'm going to miss him...I have nothing but respect for the guy. Don't sit and bash the guy though...and give your congrats on him leaving. I think it's simply amazing how he can score an amazing goal for Detroit and suddenly he's your favourite player...but one mistake and he's horrible. Here's to Lang. Best wishes...kick butt.

:( I forgot all about the Doo Lang song.

Im sure given his general laziness and love for cheeseburgers, that song will soon be changed to "Moo Lang Moo Lang Moo Lang..."