• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingfan191

Official new NHL jersey thread

Rate this topic

Guest jaytan

It looks like a real jersey, I just don't know if it's a real Isles jersey (or even something they toyed with while re-designing) or something a fan had custom made.

Edit: When you look at the other jerseys in the picture, there are a few minor variations. This is probably a prototype from the design process!

Edited by jaytan

It looks like a real jersey, I just don't know if it's a real Isles jersey (or even something they toyed with while re-designing) or something a fan had custom made.

Edit: When you look at the other jerseys in the picture, there are a few minor variations. This is probably a prototype from the design process!

yeah, your probably right, I like what they have now, but at any rate it's better than the Gorton fisherman's jerseys.

Those New York Jerseys are ugly.

But then again, every jersey they ever had was ugly, I was never satisfied with any of there designs.

I just think blue and orange don't look good together for the most part. At least not for the Islanders.

I like blue and orange on the Denver Broncos footbal jerseys.

I think there needs to be more blue and less orange, use that as an acent, and then it might look decent.

Those New York Jerseys are ugly, whether there real or fake.

But then again, every jersey they ever had was ugly, I was never satisfied with any of there designs.

I just think blue and orange don't look good together for the most part. At least not for the Islanders.

I like blue and orange on the Denver Broncos footbal jerseys.

I think there needs to be more blue and less orange, use that as an acent, and then it might look decent.

I don't think the Islanders jerseys are all that bad...at least they look a little more traditional in style. I never was crazy about the blue and orange but yes, they are a lot better than the Gorton's Fisherman one!! I don't like the number on the front, though - I didn't like it when Buffalo did it last season and I don't like it on the Isles sweater either. And what's with the one in the frame - that patch on the left shoulder? Is that an 88 or a BB on it?

As for the Caps new jerseys, I like them! Kind of old-school retro. Pretty cool!

I like the NHL logo just below the neck, the NFL does that too...the Caps one is ok, it is a bit busy though, the white on the sleeves, but I really liked the photoshopped one that had the Capitol Building on the front...the shoulder logo is cool too...as for the Isles jersey pictured above...damn

Guest jaytan

I don't think the Islanders jerseys are all that bad...at least they look a little more traditional in style. I never was crazy about the blue and orange but yes, they are a lot better than the Gorton's Fisherman one!! I don't like the number on the front, though - I didn't like it when Buffalo did it last season and I don't like it on the Isles sweater either. And what's with the one in the frame - that patch on the left shoulder? Is that an 88 or a BB on it?

As for the Caps new jerseys, I like them! Kind of old-school retro. Pretty cool!

The BB patch was for a commemorative Bob Bourne night when they honoured him this season.

Some have speculated that this photo may have been taken in one of owner Charles Wang's offices, since there is a ton of Islanders and New York Dragons (his AFL team) memorabilia, a rack of concept jerseys and even some writing in Chinese (Wang was born in China).

Edited by jaytan

I know we're gonna see most of the new ones in 30 minutes anyways, but my friend pointed out Boston's new jersey to me...right on their website.

IPB Image

Edit - Guess i'm really slow, they had even more pics of it in the Boston New Logo thread.

Edited by Swayze

Guest jaytan

IPB Image

Actually, most of the new ones aren't going to be unveiled at the draft.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/team/app/?servi...p;galleryId=960

There's a gallery with more pics. It's basically exactly what I expected from them, but either way, I definitely approve. Very classy.

EDIT: Here's some more news:

IPB Image

The whole Caps set. I think the socks look a little off, with the top being the same color as the breezers. That secondary logo's growing on me, though.

IPB Image

Add the Panthers to the list.

Edited by jaytan

Guest jaytan

:lol:

I was just about to post those. Thanks, EA!

The Canes change seems pointless.

Edited by jaytan

I'm softening my stance somewhat on the Capitals' look. Overall - the striping, the color scheme - it looks good. The "caPiTaLs" word mark HAS to go. It looks better on the white jersey than the red, but just forget the "roots" of the franchise, it was always an ugly look to begin with. That shoulder patch is cool as hell, with the eagle forming a W and the Capitol Building silhouette. Make that the primary logo, PLEASE. If they did that, the Capitals would look DAMN SHARP.

The Blue Jackets' look is a winner, too. Finally, they no longer have a minor league logo. That's a jersey that has a place in the NHL and doesn't look like it belongs in the ECHL. And the shoulder patch is good too.

So far, the jersey revolution going on is a big improvement all around. Bruins have a good one going too. Excellent shoulder patch. I don't like that the Wild ditched the green jersey, but oh well.

:lol:

I was just about to post those. Thanks, EA!

The Canes change seems pointless.

new jersey. people have to buy new jersey. more money. probably the only real reason

My problem is the traditional, more rugged sweater look of the old jerseys to me seems the only way to go. these new ones seem... i dont know.. a little bit.. flamboyant?... i mean their tight silky ... just... no their just ... ehhh it bothers me its way to faggish

new jersey. people have to buy new jersey. more money. probably the only real reason

My problem is the traditional, more rugged sweater look of the old jerseys to me seems the only way to go. these new ones seem... i dont know.. a little bit.. flamboyant?... i mean their tight silky ... just... no their just ... ehhh it bothers me its way to faggish

The fact that Calgary is switching to lavender and pink as the team colors might bother you, then...

these new ones seem... i dont know.. a little bit.. flamboyant?... i mean their tight silky ... just... no their just ... ehhh it bothers me its way to faggish

Agreed, but as a fan. I'd wear them if I was playing hockey, but if I chose one to wear for going to a hockey game or just to wear in general, it'd definitely be the old style.

Of course this is kinda premature, considering I haven't wore a new one yet :P

if your skating in the spring/summer wouldnt u still be skating in an indoor rink? so there for it would be just as cool as it would be during the winter/fall ! just wondering?

In the newer rinks yes, but a lot of our games were at the oak park rink which is very old. Towards the end of the season it was so bad we couldn't even zam the ice between games because there was so much water. So depends on the rink, but even the newer rinks do get a little warmer.

Yes, terrible. The red-white-blue jersey we saw was much better.

Troy, the RBK jerseys are HEAVIER? That's strange... they're supposed to make you 8% faster!

By Heavier I mean a thicker material. Weight wise I am not sure, never weighed them! I think a lot of the spead comes from the form fitting, makes it more aerodynamic.

Not the same as what's coming out next year. I have an RBK jersey too, like you say it's the same or heavier than most practice jerseys, but it's not the new material or fit. Besides, nothing beats a Southfield Warriors jersey! (I coach the 94 team, we skated after you guys on Mondays last year.)

Oh really... Must just have been a rumor going around the locker room. As for the warrior jerseys I can't decide if I like the old desgin or the new design better (If infact all the teams switch to the RBK's). I think I am leaning towards the old ones, especially the darks!

So much for all the new jersey hoopla at the draft...

I really liked the new Caps jersey, especially in white. I may get pelted for this, but I would love to see the Wings update a bit. Nothing crazy, just a little tweak.

The Canes need to lose those stupid cubes along the bottom... hideous. I also hope the Canucks go with the blue/green jersey... again, I like the new looks.