• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Flames sign Owen Nolan

Rate this topic

Guest Agalloch

Great. I didn't want him, but now this board is going to go even more nuts.

looks like guering it is!

I can't really explain why, but I don't get the feeling that Guerin is a Wings-type player. I understand the desire for fielding a more physical team, and I do think it will be addressed, but Guerin doesn't seem like the guy to do it. Why? He no-showed in the playoffs, he had a horrible year before that, and had a decent year on a team that had very few other scorers. I don't think Guerin made the jump to the "new" NHL and got lucky to play on a sub-par team in St. Louis. I'm not necessarily opposed to him coming to the Wings for a modest price, but seeing how much San Jose gave up for him at the trade deadline, I don't see Guerin signing for a modest (i.e., 2-3.5 million) price.

My prediction is that the Wings will make a trade, as the UFA pool is getting pretty thin.

damn... I wanted the Wings to get Nolan, he would have fit nice and provided some more grit that everyone keeps bitching about... and I really don't want Billy Guerin, I'm with Ashenden, never really liked the guy, thought he was really over rated and often overpaid. Just doesn't seem to fit in the Wings scheme...

We better get Slava Kozlov or I'm gonna go F***in' nuts...

damn... I wanted the Wings to get Nolan, he would have fit nice and provided some more grit that everyone keeps bitching about... and I really don't want Billy Guerin, I'm with Ashenden, never really liked the guy, thought he was really over rated and often overpaid. Just doesn't seem to fit in the Wings scheme...

We better get Slava Kozlov or I'm gonna go F***in' nuts...

Personally, you guys should be thankful the Wings stayed away from Owen Nolan. He is quite clearly a shell of his former self (had 40 pts in 76 games and had only 56 PIMs), but if anybody can get the best out of Nolan, it is probably a team like Calgary and Mike Keenan.