Andreas Karlsson

Andre Roy

Dan Boyle

Johan Homqvist

Donald Brashear

Chris Clark

Matt Bradley

Olaf Kolzig

Thought it would be interesting to post this and give people a heads up on who we could/should look at next year.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

The bigger names are highlighted.

Mark Mowers

Thought it would be interesting to post this and give people a heads up on who we could/should look at next year.

I would piss my pants if this happaned. Automatic Cup

Well our first order of business should be locking up Osgood for a few more years.

No, YOUR first order of business would be locking up Osgood. :P

But hey, why not?

No, YOUR first order of business would be locking up Osgood. :P

But hey, why not?

Hey Kenny listens to me sometimes... I have been calling for Drake for a while now... since I heard there was a chance he could come back....

now if only he would get Roenick, he would be 2 for 2 on my signing requests this season. :)

I don't really see the damage having Ozzie on our team is really causing apart from the exciting battles everyone has... its fun... best to keep it that way!

Well for one you wont see Sakic changing jerseys i am sure of that. Detroit will be looking at the in net situation come next summer first and foremost i would guess. I have no porb signing Osgood cheep again for a back up

Osgood is a weird one. It all depends on Howard. If they don't think he;s ready, they might sign an #1 FA goalie, and use Howard as the backup, leaving Osgood out in the dark..

i think that if we see Ozzie next year, it will depend all on Howards performance. I don't see him being here next year if Howard has a bad year. if howard has a good year, Ozzie may be his backup

I would love to see Mike Fisher playing for the Wings. I'd also bring back Cleary , Drapes , Ozzie, Lids and obviously the forever young Chris Chelios.

No s***. This guy is one of my favorite players in the game. Awesome character, tons of speed and grit, hes got scoring ability, isnt afraid of anything, awesome PKer, and is good for 20 goals every year. He reminds me a little of Mike Knuble, a guy I always liked.

I heard a rumor from spectors that Heatley is likely gonna cost Ottawa 8M to sign, plus they have to re-sign Jason Spezza, so Fisher may be the odd man out. Itll take AT LEAST 15M to tie up both Spezza and Heatley.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Homer

Legwand-Filppula-Grigs/Hudler

Franzen-Fisher-Cleary

Maltby-Draper-Cooke

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Rafalski-Commodore

Chelios-Lebda

That's...a somewhat boring list, IMO. For some reason I had thought there would be a few more big names.

You dont find Hossa, Heatley, Fisher, Redden, Boyle, Cooke, Rolston, Kipper, Kolzig, etc exciting?

Some of the best Dmen, goal scorers, goaltenders, and agitators are on that list.

Guest Canadian Wings

I think Kris draper, chelios, hasek, and osgood are gone next year. time to move on.

EDIT: maybe not draper as matlby's signed for 3 yrs (still cant figure that one out)

Edited by Canadian Wings

No s***. This guy is one of my favorite players in the game. Awesome character, tons of speed and grit, hes got scoring ability, isnt afraid of anything, awesome PKer, and is good for 20 goals every year. He reminds me a little of Mike Knuble, a guy I always liked.

I heard a rumor from spectors that Heatley is likely gonna cost Ottawa 8M to sign, plus they have to re-sign Jason Spezza, so Fisher may be the odd man out. Itll take AT LEAST 15M to tie up both Spezza and Heatley.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Homer

Legwand-Filppula-Grigs/Hudler

Franzen-Fisher-Cleary

Maltby-Draper-Cooke

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Rafalski-Commodore

Chelios-Lebda

You dont find Hossa, Heatley, Fisher, Redden, Boyle, Cooke, Rolston, Kipper, Kolzig, etc exciting?

Some of the best Dmen, goal scorers, goaltenders, and agitators are on that list.

Probably my favourite non Red Wings player. :thumbup:

I think Kris draper, chelios, hasek, and osgood are gone next year. time to move on.

EDIT: maybe not draper as matlby's signed for 3 yrs (still cant figure that one out)

If Chelios is willing, Id take him back to split time with whichever rookie we'll have in the lineup at that point (Kindl?). The only way Osgood comes back is if Howard is ready to split/start. Hasek is gone for sure. Draper will likely come back at no more than 1M per year, and probably 3 years max.

its to bad we got all that money tied up , dany heatley would of been perfect , the pure goal scorer we been lacking for years , marleau would of also been nice

next years crop of guys i like are

defense

redden

commodore

liles

stuart

foote

offense

ryan malone

g roberts

heatley

sundin

fisher

jp dumont

marleau

kunitz

m lapointe

markus naslund ( on a cheaper deal obviously, maybe a change of scenery is what he needs,vancouver is just awful on offense anyways)

If Chelios is willing, Id take him back to split time with whichever rookie we'll have in the lineup at that point (Kindl?). The only way Osgood comes back is if Howard is ready to split/start. Hasek is gone for sure. Draper will likely come back at no more than 1M per year, and probably 3 years max.

were gonna have to make some tough decisions , cause we got no place on defence , especially if lidstrom continues playing for another 3-5 yrs and we got kindl, quincey, meech, ericsson who are ready or will soon be ready for an nhl spot , also dont forget brendan smith if he works out like we all hope he can be here in 3-4 yrs

lidstrom

rafalski

kronwall

lebda

chelios

those 5 are with us for a few yrs unless chelios decides to retire or we just decide to go a younger route in 2 yrs , meech or quincey will be in the lineup this year .......lilja likely will be gone at the end of the season and kindl might be in next year

so then we got ericsson and meech on the outside looking in , i havent seen meech play but hes a lebda type player so i heard ,id rather much have ericsson whos a big body we need on the back end....we cant keep delaying their progress cause chelios can still play pretty good for another 2-3 yrs

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

The Wings only need to sign three UFA's Lidstrom, Draper and Cleary. The rest let go, extend Zetts contract. My wish list for next season UFA's go as followed. 1. I am from Minny so Brian Rolston baby. 2. Marian Hossa- need I say more. 3. Heatly- again need I say more. 4. Kipper take Hasek spot I know let Howard play sorry he wont be leading us to the cup by himself have him be back up to Kipper. For Defence 1. Brian Campbell- not big but great defencive. 2. Liles 3. Lubomir Visnovsky. Get it done Kenny for next year, or I am becoming an Islander fan.

Go Wings

The Wings only need to sign three UFA's Lidstrom, Draper and Cleary. The rest let go, extend Zetts contract. My wish list for next season UFA's go as followed. 1. I am from Minny so Brian Rolston baby. 2. Marian Hossa- need I say more. 3. Heatly- again need I say more. 4. Kipper take Hasek spot I know let Howard play sorry he wont be leading us to the cup by himself have him be back up to Kipper. For Defence 1. Brian Campbell- not big but great defencive. 2. Liles 3. Lubomir Visnovsky. Get it done Kenny for next year, or I am becoming an Islander fan.

Go Wings

Yes Kenny, unless you sign the All-Star team's starting line-up, I'm going to root for the s***tiest organization in professional sports.

Go Wings

Is this sarcastic? I... hahahaha.. can't take this seriously, sorry...

This is a good joke if so!

Priority #1 on July 1st of next year is to extend Zetterberg. After that Kenny can start shopping around.

agreed , though im sure theyll start talking before and get it done right away , we want him here and he wants to stay here so it shouldnt be hard , what do you think hes gonna get ?? even though the cap might go up again you think he would take the same as datsyuk or a little less/more

Yes Kenny, unless you sign the All-Star team's starting line-up, I'm going to root for the s***tiest organization in professional sports.

I guess some people have no sence of humor. Also I just stated that these are the players the Wings should look at. Not saying there gonna get any of them, but those are the players I like. I know its only Tuesday, but sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays. :unsure:

I guess some people have no sence of humor. Also I just stated that these are the players the Wings should look at. Not saying there gonna get any of them, but those are the players I like. I know its only Tuesday, but sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays. :unsure:

DId you just have a lobotomy or something? I don't see how anyone could ever interpret what you just said as a joke.