• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Yashin will play in Russia if offers don't improve

Rate this topic

I say sign him...We have more talent then he has played with for years...Just think a .92 pts per game avg and allmost half his carreer with the Ilanders...only 33, playing for a contender, the influx of our youth...what could it hurt...barring that the banks not broken...

You might be right about his stats improving in Detroit, but no way he would sign for less than he and his agent think he's worth. He'd rather make a few bucks more in Russia than play for a contender for a smaller conctract even though he was bought out and gets that money already. Greedy. He can burn in hockey hell.

Guest Crymson

I say sign him...We have more talent then he has played with for years...Just think a .92 pts per game avg and allmost half his carreer with the Ilanders...only 33, playing for a contender, the influx of our youth...what could it hurt...barring that the banks not broken...

Don't you think it says anything that, despite his obvious ability to produce, his relatively cheap price and the fact that several teams are in terrible need of scorers, nobody has offered him any sort of large contract to speak of?

Don't you think it says anything that, despite his obvious ability to produce, his relatively cheap price and the fact that several teams are in terrible need of scorers, nobody has offered him any sort of large contract to speak of?

The stupidest part is that this is about the worst tactic his agent could've used. He only confirmed what a lot of people already thought about Yashin.

Guest Lebda4Pres

Unless Yashin and Gandler are willing to accept an offer in the $2-3 million range--that's a safe estimate of what the Detroit Red Wings are offering him--he's definitely headed back to Russia.

You might be right about his stats improving in Detroit, but no way he would sign for less than he and his agent think he's worth. He'd rather make a few bucks more in Russia than play for a contender for a smaller conctract even though he was bought out and gets that money already. Greedy. He can burn in hockey hell.

QFT

This guy's a ******* loser. I'm very glad to hear that he hasn't received an offer he considers "acceptable". What a worthless piece, and NOT a guy this team needs.

Guest DetroitIan

Well, if he wants to play with the best of the best, he better be prepared to lower his asking price somewhat. Otherwise have fun in the inferior russian elite league. He would be a complete fool to leave the NHL.

Worst case? He turns us into the '06 Flyers because team chemistry goes the way of... the '06 Flyers

He would be a complete fool to leave the NHL.

Actually, he wouldn't. Depending on the so called "interest" of some Russian teams, he could have the opportunity to make more money in Russia. I suggest that he thinks along those lines, and get's the hell out of here. Then there will be no chance of him playing for the Wings.

Worst case? He turns us into the '06 Flyers because team chemistry goes the way of... the '06 Flyers

There was no actual free agent signing that did that though, was there? I thought it all blew up because Hitchcock and Robert Esche didn't like each other, and Hitchcock left Esche in goal for all 9 goals scored against the Flyers in their 9-1 loss to Buffalo.

But I see what you mean though. Yashin could ruin the whole thing single-handedly. Better off not taking the risk and just forget he even ever existed.

edited for spelling

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest DetroitIan

Actually, he wouldn't. Depending on the so called "interest" of some Russian teams, he could have the opportunity to make more money in Russia.

Well yeah, money-wise of course. But Im just talking about the level of play. Players from around the world dream all their lives about playing in the NHL. And for good reason. Cause its the only league in the world where you play against the best of the best from the world. The russian elite league is a good league and all, but it is far from being as deep as the NHL. And you would think as a passionate hockey player, you would wanna play in the greatest league in the world. But for some players, I guess not. I stand behind my original statement. I definitely think he would be a total fool to run off to russia.

Well yeah, money-wise of course. But Im just talking about the level of play. Players from around the world dream all their lives about playing in the NHL. And for good reason. Cause its the only league in the world where you play against the best of the best from the world. The russian elite league is a good league and all, but it is far from being as deep as the NHL. And you would think as a passionate hockey player, you would wanna play in the greatest league in the world. But for some players, I guess not. I stand behind my original statement. I definitely think he would be a total fool to run off to russia.

I know what you're getting at, but in Yashin's case, it means nothing.

He plays hockey only for the money. Not once in his entire NHL career has the guy shown any desire to win. Why do you think his playoff numbers are so bad? Because playing the playoffs requires hard work, effort, and a desire to win. Those are three qualities that Yashin does not have.

Again, like I said: Yashin doesn't care about winning or playing for a top team. He'll go to wherever and whichever team pays him the most money, whether it be in the NHL or the Russian Super League.

There was no actual free agent signing that did that though, was there? I thought it all blew up because Hitchcock and Robert Esche didn't like each other, and Hitchcock left Esche in goal for all 9 goals scored against the Flyers in their 9-1 loss to Buffalo.

But I see what you mean though. Yashin could ruin the whole thing single-handedly. Better off not taking the risk and just forget he even ever existed.

edited for spelling

No there really wasn't a single signing that did them in, but they did lose Handzus(for Calder) and Huggy Bear Brashear(FA) as prob their bigger deals. Before the puck dropped they brought in 9 new players and the chemistry wasn't there.

I'm not sure about the Esche/Hitchcock thing, but Niittymaki was given the starting role at the time.