• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tipetz22

'08 All-Star Game

Rate this topic

Has anyone ever been to an NHL All-Star Game? If so, how and when do you get tickets? In '08, the game is here in ATL and I know that I probably won't have another shot at seeing another All-Star in a long time. I have tried Ticketmaster, the Arena, and even Googled, with no sucess. I know that tickets for events like this go fast.

Thank you for your help!

Has anyone ever been to an NHL All-Star Game? If so, how and when do you get tickets? In '08, the game is here in ATL and I know that I probably won't have another shot at seeing another All-Star in a long time. I have tried Ticketmaster, the Arena, and even Googled, with no sucess. I know that tickets for events like this go fast.

Thank you for your help!

Even if you don't go to the game, be sure to figure out which hotel the players are staying at and head over there right after the events. You'll get some sweet autographs.

Tickets for the regular season (disincluding season ticket holders) aren't even out yet. I would be willing to bet you're going to have to wait a few more months before they go on sale.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I wasn't able to find any for last year in Dallas. I kept checking the sources you listed, and no dice. From what I hear, you have to be a season ticket holder to even have a chance to go. Season ticket holders are given an opportunity to buy the tickets, but not for their regular seats, just some random upper seats. I was told that corporate sponsors and league officials and their entourages have most of the seats reserved for them.

That might have just been in Dallas, but it sounds about right for the way the league treats the average joe fan.

Even if you don't go to the game, be sure to figure out which hotel the players are staying at and head over there right after the events. You'll get some sweet autographs.

Great Idea!! :clap: I will have to keep my ears open for those locations.

Tickets for the regular season (disincluding season ticket holders) aren't even out yet. I would be willing to bet you're going to have to wait a few more months before they go on sale.

Season ticket holders do usually have one of the first stabs at these events.

The company I work for has a box at the arena and I am hoping that I can get in that way <fingers crossed>, but if not I want a back up plan!!

The company I work for has a box at the arena and I am hoping that I can get in that way <fingers crossed>, but if not I want a back up plan!!

i would guess sucking up to your boss is the best bet at the moment

I wasn't able to find any for last year in Dallas. I kept checking the sources you listed, and no dice. From what I hear, you have to be a season ticket holder to even have a chance to go. Season ticket holders are given an opportunity to buy the tickets, but not for their regular seats, just some random upper seats. I was told that corporate sponsors and league officials and their entourages have most of the seats reserved for them.

That might have just been in Dallas, but it sounds about right for the way the league treats the average joe fan.

That would explain the boring crowd that generally goes with an All-Star Game. It's so quiet, sometimes it feels like I'm watching the Wings at The Joe play Columbus. :P

Seriously though, it could be that, or the fact that the All-Star Game is probably some of the worst hockey around. Maybe not so much as the game itself, but the Young-Stars Game (rookies) last year was horrible. The score was something over 10 for both teams.

Last year's All-Star Game didn't impress me. Hopefully this years is a little better.

www.stubhub.com *they may not be on sale right now but thats where i looked last year and thats where i found them

How much where your tickets (if you don't mind me asking)? And what time of the year did you look (early in the season or close to game time)?

Edited by tipetz22