• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Rumor: Ducks won't match offer for Penner

Rate this topic

They have another 10 minutes or so till the decision is made.

The source? Eklund? I know, I know.. but a few other sites and Ducks fans are pretty much saying the same thing.

www.hockeybuzz.com

Anyways, I think this is all GREAT news!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest DetroitIan

Yeah I dont see Burke matching that offer. Not after the contracts he gave to Bert and Schneider. And with the uncertainty about Neidermeyer and Selanne. No way he matches this offer. And even if he does, thats gonna screw up Burke's cap plan. So either way the Ducks are getting burned today. And God, I love it.

***630 CHED is reporting that Dustin Penner's agent has told them that the Ducks will not match the offer...waiting for an official word from the NHL...***

***Team 1260 in EDM is reporting that Penner's rights have been transfered to Oiler's reserve list...***

Edited by WhiteLightning91

What a ripoff for the Ducks.

Haha, way to go Burke. Your man love for Bertuzzi just cost you one the best young prospects in the game right now.

It's nice to see Burke squirm. I hate that man so much.

congrats to the oilers, and good to see burke cant match his mouth...idiot

Don't you just love it.

As soon as he heard it and knew it was an offer he couldn't match he started bad mouthing Lowe. If he could have matched I bet he wouldn't have been nearly as vocal about Burke.

Oh and way to wait until the last minute, because that was so much more classy than what Lowe did.

But he will say he had to wait to see what Teemu and Neidermayer were doing.

KP-Wings

Haha, way to go Burke. Your man love for Bertuzzi just cost you one the best young prospects in the game right now.

If there were a percentage higher than 100 that would be how much I agree with you on this one!!!!

Edited by Opie

Thats basically a Bert for Penner deal...ouch

Even if Penner doesn't improve and stays at scoring in the 20 goal range it would be better to have him. Berts on the downside of the hill of his career now. Would have still liked to have him for a year or two dont get me wrong but losing Penner hurts but again even without Bert being there it would have been hard to take on that cap hit for a guy who isn't worth that money yet.

Even if Penner doesn't improve and stays at scoring in the 20 goal range it would be better to have him. Berts on the downside of the hill of his career now. Would have still liked to have him for a year or two dont get me wrong but losing Penner hurts but again even without Bert being there it would have been hard to take on that cap hit for a guy who isn't worth that money yet.

If Burke would have done the right thing and signed Penner before going after Bertuzzi, he probably could have gotten Penner for way less then what he got from Edmonton.

This is nobody's fault but Burke's. That guy is such a loser. He put his team's future in jeapordy by raiding the Wings roster before worrying about his own RFA's.

I swear, I can't wait until the 2009/2010 season. Burke will have a lot of work to do, since almost none of his current players will be under contract.

Hopefully for Edmonton Penner doesn't end up a total bust like the last guy they got from Anaheim.....

Really, I doubt that'll happen. Penner and Joffrey Lupul have two totally different personalities. Penner plays with a lot of grit and energy. Lupul just floats around the ice lazily until the puck comes to him (Remind you of someone?).

Although overpaid, that's what Edmonton had to do to get Penner. When looking at the potential Penner still has, it's really a good deal for them.

Confirmation over on TSN.ca

"The Anaheim Ducks have decided not to match the five-year, $21.25 million offer sheet tendered to Dustin Penner. As a result, Penner goes to Edmonton and the Ducks receive the Oilers' first, second and third round picks as compensation."

Edited by WhiteLightning91

If Burke would have done the right thing and signed Penner before going after Bertuzzi, he probably could have gotten Penner for way less then what he got from Edmonton.

This is nobody's fault but Burke's. That guy is such a loser. He put his team's future in jeapordy by raiding the Wings roster before worrying about his own RFA's.

Thats what I had said in the other thread. I thought Schneider was a good signing, even though he was over paid, since it seems Neids was leaning towards retiring but the Bert signing was dumb when you didn't know for sure about Selanne and you still had Penner to sign.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

maybe this is burkes master plan have penner stay there for a few weeks and demand a trade

Its official hes on his was to Edmonton. Its on tsn.ca now. Even though Lowe over paid Burke lost him because of the Bert signing. GM's will have to pay more attention to RFA's now-a-days I guess. not treat them as the last thing on their list.