• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

NEW WINGS JERSEY!

Rate this topic

I have a feeling that the logo didn't change, but that it was an idiot that did the setup for the picture. Also the new jerseys shown look like they have that pressed hanger look to them still. I have a feeling they'll look much better in person, but who ever got paid to take that picture should never be allowed to touch a camera again.

BTW it's $130 for the REPLICA... aka "Premier" in the new RBK generation. Bright side is that it's cheaper than Boston's. No team is selling authentic ones yet. Looks like I'm going to jump on a flight to Korea.

I am disappointed though that we don't have piping since it's all the rage this year :hehe:

Edit: I wish we could see the back of them. I'd like to know if there is room for an arched name.

Edited by vangvace

what a relief, btw does anyone know what kind of letters they'll use? And logo's going to be like on old jerseys or just applique to reduce the weight ? 8))))

Edited by sharomyga

I don't get what you guys are saying about the winged wheel. I've been looking at photos of the current jersey, then comparing it to the new jersey.

The wingtips look the same.

There is a minor difference. All I can say is just look closer--the new one does arc up and it's "stubbier", instead of sailing out to the side.

It doesn't matter that much, but like Offsides, I don't like the removal of the shoulders though. I thought those were a definite good part of the uniform... whatever their reasons for omitting them, they'll be missed.

I bet when they are on the players and on the ice, you will not be able to tell the difference.

Give me my shoulders back or I'll never buy a hot and ready again, lol.

I'll always notice the nhl logo at the neck though... we've known about it for a while now, but that seriously is a dealbreaker for me. I am that petty when it comes to hockey jerseys.

the Wings logo and jerseys have changed a couple of times since the beginning of the NHL, what's the big deal with a few changes now? it's not as if they changed the logo or colour scheme...I like them and I'll probably buy one...they look pretty good to me

Edited by detroitdan

cant wait to buy one

Me either. I'm going to wait for the authentics though. The jerseys will look alot better with the #'s on the sleeve. I wish they would have changed the jersey a little more, maybe some piping, I think it would look alot better with the lines of the jersey. A have an authentic Lidstrom All Star jersey and love the way it fits/feels compared to the old ones.

Well i guess i have to say that i'm not a huge fan of the little differences in the jersey. It does look a little pink to me but i'm sure that wont be case when we see them up close and personal.

I hate the stripe. To skinny and way to low.

I hate the NHL crest on the collar. Why couldn't they leave them on the back of the jersey. I Always thought that was pretty sweet. I also think that it the crest makes them look kinda of cheap. More like a practice jersey to me.

The shoulders bug me to but i can get over that.

Well i guess they will grow on us. Could have been worse.

Guest snowman89

I think it's funny so many people are getting bent out of shape over this. It looks like there's been virtually no change made to the jersey. Half the perceived differences could be just how it's positioned in the photo compared to the old ones.

The only thing that really looks different is the color, which I hope is just poor picture quality.

I agree I bet the logo is not different the jersey look a bit folded if you look at the new pics.....

I have a feeling that the logo didn't change, but that it was an idiot that did the setup for the picture. Also the new jerseys shown look like they have that pressed hanger look to them still. I have a feeling they'll look much better in person, but who ever got paid to take that picture should never be allowed to touch a camera again.

BTW it's $130 for the REPLICA... aka "Premier" in the new RBK generation. Bright side is that it's cheaper than Boston's. No team is selling authentic ones yet. Looks like I'm going to jump on a flight to Korea.

I am disappointed though that we don't have piping since it's all the rage this year :hehe:

Edit: I wish we could see the back of them. I'd like to know if there is room for an arched name.

I am positive that I read that some things would be changing but the numbering and the arched lettering would not change. That was one of the things the wings would not budge on. Does anyone know why the lettering on the jerseys is always different in the pre-season?

There is a minor difference. All I can say is just look closer--the new one does arc up and it's "stubbier", instead of sailing out to the side.

It doesn't matter that much, but like Offsides, I don't like the removal of the shoulders though. I thought those were a definite good part of the uniform... whatever their reasons for omitting them, they'll be missed.

The Cut of the jersey is different the shoulders would not work with the flow of the seems, if you look at your current jersey all the colors flow inside the seems, that is why they changed it, and really its no big deal if you have a problem or are gonna "miss it" you should probably re-organize some priorities.

I bet when they are on the players and on the ice, you will not be able to tell the difference.

Quoted as Truth, most players will were them a little big anyways if they dont like them being tight, MIke Modano for example he has always had a goalie cut size jersey.

Edited by snowman89

I think it's funny so many people are getting bent out of shape over this. It looks like there's been virtually no change made to the jersey. Half the perceived differences could be just how it's positioned in the photo compared to the old ones.

The only thing that really looks different is the color, which I hope is just poor picture quality.

Ditto. There really doesn't seem to be anything here to get bent out of shape about.

Considering what other teams have done to their jerseys this off season, everyone should be thankful there's no piping on the jerseys or some other awful thing.

Guest snowman89

i was just watching a episode of scrubs where a lot of the doctors are wearing wings jerseys. gave me a way to compare them. the only problom i have with them is the size tag on the outside.

Im sure someone said this already, but those will not be on the game jerserys, they are just for the replica jerseys.

Edited by snowman89

Guest jaytan

Why were the characters in Scrubs wearing Wings jerseys?

Anyway, I'm hoping the arched names remain. Everything looks about what I expected it to.

Can someone please list all of the differences between replica and authentic? I definitely am considering the $130 jersey, but I don't want a shotty jersey. Does it still have a name and number on the back?

BTW guys, I noticed the old jerseys are 15% of on shop.detroitredwings.com, most of them at least. It's probably related to the new jerseys coming.

Anyway, I'm hoping the arched names remain. Everything looks about what I expected it to.

I don't watch the show, but I watched that episode because it was posted on LGW a couple days before it aired.

Basically, one of the characters talks about how the Red Wings are the greatest sports franchise in history. It was worth the half hour just to see that.

I don't watch the show, but I watched that episode because it was posted on LGW a couple days before it aired.

Basically, one of the characters talks about how the Red Wings are the greatest sports franchise in history. It was worth the half hour just to see that.

I'm pretty sure the show's producer or director or someone is a huge Wings fan.

Guest snowman89

I'm pretty sure the show's producer or director or someone is a huge Wings fan.

Cox is a hockey fan, and often is seen wearing a Detroit Red Wings jersey while watching sporting events.

The role of Perry Cox on Scrubs was written with him in mind, the script called for a "John C. McGinley type."

The Detroit Red Wings jersey Dr. Cox wears was given to John C. McGinley by his friend and current Red Wing, Chris Chelios.

In the episode Dr. Cox was trying to cheer up JD and they decided to watch sports together, Dr. Cox got him a wings doctor so he would feel included. or something like that, it was right after JD's dad died.