• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

NEW WINGS JERSEY!

Rate this topic

If tie-up sweaters were part of the Wings history, I'd be all for it. Since they are not, I'm not.

i have always wanted a wings tie up neck.

But on another note looks like the prices for the authentic new wings jersey is going to be around $319.99 because the flames just posted their online order form and thats what they have listed. Mind you its in Canadian but i don't think its that different anymore. Oh and if you want that personalized just throw another 89.99 on to that.

Goulet! likes 'em standing still. Even the pictures of the new jerseys are 11.3% faster versus the old jerseys. Goulet! thinks they had to round out the wing portion of the Winged Wheel in order to acheive the aerodynamic efficiency targets. Makes 'em slicker. The doppler effect is going to be amazing during game play. Drafting is also going to become much more prevalent.

The road jersey's v-neck really bothers me.

*sigh*

Think of them as aelerons. A slight turn of the upper body is going to allow these guys turn on a dime. These new jerseys would have allowed Larry Murphy to make Stu Grimson look like Pavel Datsyuk out there.

:lol:

Edited by Goulet!

I am just so freaking happy that the changes are minimal. When you think of the disaster it could have been, with vertical piping and striping, adding another color, putting numbers on the front (I have mentioned how much I hate that, right? ;)), it is such a relief to see the good old Winged Wheel looking much as it has for lo these many years. Even switching the C and the A to the right side is no big deal to me.

*breathes huge sigh of relief*

Nothings stopping them... unless they have to get Measured before every game and then you can ask for a measurement during the game for say, "wearing of a illegal jersey"

However, the larger jersey will give the opponents a larger tappered back side to hold on to... its a catch 22.

#96 Holmstrom.... 2 mins for wearing a size jersey which doesn't match his measurements... I can see it now.

Me thinks so...Many of these guys in past years had their jerseys "tailored" to their liking - many liked the loose feeling that a "proper" hockey jersey has to offer...These new slimmer/trimmer jerseys are silly IMHO - players will order larger jerseys & have them tailored to fit the way they want them to...Gotta add that the collar/v-neck is rather ugly :nonono:

Better stock-up on whats left of the older style.

i'v got a good wed site for that. nice and cheap personalized jerseys :D

http://www.sportsk.com/customjerseys.html

Edited by zata40

That is a very nice place, I have done tons of business with them in the past. also, FanaticU.com . I am just waiting for the $105 to drop some more.... I love how Kuznetsov is still at $105

Guest jaytan

I wonder how the tighter jerseys will effect fighting. It seems like it would be tougher to do a good old-fashioned hockey fight in the new form-fitting jerseys that they wanted to link to the pants.

Plus, I think it's odd that we still haven't seen any pictures of the new Wings jerseys from the side. Everyone knows that the curve in the shoulder is the most important part.

I wonder how the tighter jerseys will effect fighting. It seems like it would be tougher to do a good old-fashioned hockey fight in the new form-fitting jerseys that they wanted to link to the pants.

Plus, I think it's odd that we still haven't seen any pictures of the new Wings jerseys from the side. Everyone knows that the curve in the shoulder is the most important part.

Fighting? Are you sure you're on the right forum?

I am sure it will leave some distortion on the jersey if you cut it off though. I highly doubt they placed it on the jersey with the thought of fans wanting to remove it easily in their mind.

Those tags on the front will probably only be on the Replica RBK Edge Jerseys. Remember 2 years ago when we had CCM Home "White Jersyes" and Koho Away "Red Jerseys" the replicas had a Koho logo on the very end of the sleeve. By the way does anyone know if our home jerseys will still be the red ones this year? I thought i heard a rumor that it was being switched back

Edited by raidedredwing2