• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Jordin Tootoo at it again....and its only game 1

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Ok, so i'm watching the Aves game and Lappy is chasing Tootoo around to get him to go. Now instead of telling Lappy "ok, let's go" and backing off so they can shed their gear Tootoo turns and hauls off much like he did on Stephan Robidas last year.

Keep in mind Jordin wears a visor and Lappy is a very honorable fighter. Lappy didn't try to jump Tootoo, he was just goading him into going. All Tootoo had to do was nod to him, step back and take off his helmet and have a fair go.

Instead he does what Jordin Tootoo always does (Robidas, Ryan Clowe, etc..) This guy is a disgrace.

It's about 3/4 the way through the video, Tootoo drops his gloves and wheels around with a wicked right that just misses Lappy's chin. At this point Lappy doesn't even have his gloves off thanks to Tootoo taking the honorable, albeit obligatory Tootoo head start in a fight.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/36555

good lord man, you can't even compare his fight last night with the Robidas incident.

He was a pest last night, won a fight, didn't take any stupid penalties and actually played a decent game. Not much else you can ask for from the agitator.

I suppose the only way that you will be happy from now on is if Tootoo takes his helmet off, puts his hands behind his back and lets the other guy get in one free shot before the fight starts. You're a little ridiculous in your Tootoo hate.

anyone who watches that video will have to disagree with you. Lapperriere's gloves came off at the same time, tootoo was just quicker to the draw. you don't know what they're saying to each other down there, so how can you say that Tootoo just suckered him off guard? just give it a rest with all the junk on Tootoo, if he does something that terrible this season, you'll know it. But don't go trying to blow up every single hit and fight into him being the dirtiest SOB ever to play the game.

Edited by Legionnaire11

Ok, so i'm watching the Aves game and Lappy is chasing Tootoo around to get him to go. Now instead of telling Lappy "ok, let's go" and backing off so they can shed their gear Tootoo turns and hauls off much like he did on Stephan Robidas last year.

Keep in mind Jordin wears a visor and Lappy is a very honorable fighter. Lappy didn't try to jump Tootoo, he was just goading him into going. All Tootoo had to do was nod to him, step back and take off his helmet and have a fair go.

Instead he does what Jordin Tootoo always does (Robidas, Ryan Clowe, etc..) This guy is a disgrace.

It's about 3/4 the way through the video, Tootoo drops his gloves and wheels around with a wicked right that just misses Lappy's chin. At this point Lappy doesn't even have his gloves off thanks to Tootoo taking the honorable, albeit obligatory Tootoo head start in a fight.

he is such a cheap-shot pansy... I would love to see a guy like Laraque, Brashear or Boogard just DESTROY him...

good lord man, you can't even compare his fight last night with the Robidas incident.

He was a pest last night, won a fight, didn't take any stupid penalties and actually played a decent game. Not much else you can ask for from the agitator.

I suppose the only way that you will be happy from now on is if Tootoo takes his helmet off, puts his hands behind his back and lets the other guy get in one free shot before the fight starts. You're a little ridiculous in your Tootoo hate.

anyone who watches that video will have to disagree with you. Lapperriere's gloves came off at the same time, tootoo was just quicker to the draw. you don't know what they're saying to each other down there, so how can you say that Tootoo just suckered him off guard? just give it a rest with all the junk on Tootoo, if he does something that terrible this season, you'll know it. But don't go trying to blow up every single hit and fight into him being the dirtiest SOB ever to play the game.

come on legionnaire..you have to admit he should take his helmet off but looking at THAT video it looks like both didn't take it off or am i looking at the wrong video...not sure

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

plenty of guys fight with a visor. Laperriere knows that Tootoo wears a visor, so he knows what he's getting. If Tootoo takes his helmet off, then what about Laperriere? now he's got all the extra protection.

There was no extra penalty, so nothing wrong with it. Clearly Laperriere was the agressor, otherwise Tootoo would have gotten an extra penalty for starting a fight with a visor as he has on several previous occassions.

the real poor sportsman last night was Ryan Smyth. Usually a very classy guy, but he cheap shotted Greg Zanon last night after a good clean hit from Zanon. I guess it was frustration late in a 4-0 game, but Smyth is one of the last guys i'd expect that from. not really a big deal though, it was nothing major.

Edited by Legionnaire11

Guest micah

that wasn't a fight of pasion where Tootoo didn't have time to lose the shield he hides behind, he just choose not to. I'm a Tootoo fan but that was a ***** move, especially against a repected veteran and absolute team guy like Lapperierre. Tootoo should either a) never throw the first punch, or b) lose the shield one way or another. either don't wear one to start with, or toss your helmet before you fight if you insist on wearing one. Throwing the first punch when you have a visor on is garbage.

come on legionnaire..you have to admit he should take his helmet off but looking at THAT video it looks like both didn't take it off or am i looking at the wrong video...not sure

Totally off topic:

Hillbillywingsfan, that vid of Data having the computer screen crash is AWESOME! :lol:

Where did you get it?!

IMO that is definately a bulls*** way to start a fight. Instead of squaring off he goes with a sucker punch first. Lame. Other than that I give him props for fighting bigger guys.

And if you're gonna fight a guy with a visor do what Drake tried to do and motion to taking helmets off. The problem is players like Perry (and I'm guessing Tootoo) have no respect for the "code" or other players in that regard.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

You are unbelievable you know that. What do I want Tootoo to do? If you can read I said he should step away, drop his gloves and take off his helmet. There are times when a visor wearing player cannot take off his helmet. This wasn't one of them.

As for your assessment of the video? What a joke. Are you an outright liar or just in denial? For the record, I don't give a s*** what he did during the game. If he played a great game, great. That's good for your team. However, that's not the point of the post genius.

Maybe you should watch the video without your Preds glasses on. It is CRYSTAL CLEAR that Lappy is yapping at Tootoo trying to goad him and Tootoo drops his gloves and wheels around with a right. He connects with Lappy's chest/neck area and Lappy's gloves are still on. Don't give me your bulls***. Its on the video.

Do yourself and your credibility a favor. Pause the clip at the 11 second mark. Tootoo's punch has already landed, his stick is in mid air having been dropped and where is Lappy? He's raising his arms as it just registered to his brain that this guy is punching him. Or course his arms aren't in a position to block the punch as it often is hard to block a SUCKER PUNCH and wait.....what is this......his ******* GLOVES ARE STILL ON! At the 10 second mark of the clip they're in close and his gloves are still on his hands.

HOMER

plenty of guys fight with a visor. Laperriere knows that Tootoo wears a visor, so he knows what he's getting. If Tootoo takes his helmet off, then what about Laperriere? now he's got all the extra protection.

There was no extra penalty, so nothing wrong with it. Clearly Laperriere was the agressor, otherwise Tootoo would have gotten an extra penalty for starting a fight with a visor as he has on several previous occassions.

the real poor sportsman last night was Ryan Smyth. Usually a very classy guy, but he cheap shotted Greg Zanon last night after a good clean hit from Zanon. I guess it was frustration late in a 4-0 game, but Smyth is one of the last guys i'd expect that from. not really a big deal though, it was nothing major.

The only thing you're right about on this topic is that a player wearing a visor doesn't get the extra two if he doesn't instigate it. Of course Lappy was trying to instigate it. Too bad for him that Jordin, instead of manning up, dropped first and swung first before the other guys' gloves were even off. I seem to recall him doing this to Darryl Bootland as well.

There's no conspiracy here Legionairre. He has a reputation for being a guy who starts before the other guy is ready. I guess you think that's honorable and manning up.

okay, whatever. You're watching something else. and the fact that you compare it to robidas blew your own argument up from the very start.

if you think there is anything wrong with that fight between Toots and Laperriere, you're an idiot.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

okay, whatever. You're watching something else. and the fact that you compare it to robidas blew your own argument up from the very start.

if you think there is anything wrong with that fight between Toots and Laperriere, you're an idiot.

Yeah, the old whatever argument. Take your ball and go home.

Who threw the first punch?

Were Lappy's gloves still on his hands while Jordin's punch was being thrown?

Show me one person who agrees with you on this. You may think i'm a complete hater but there are plenty of people on here that will give you a no BS assessment of the start of this fight.

You seem to want to suck Jordin's you know what cause he played great and agitated and fought a good fight. You show a complete disregard for how he jumped the gun on this fight completely catching Lappy off guard.

By the way, my comparison isn't so far fetched is it? Robidas comes in to start a fight, Tootoo whirls around and uncorks a right, glove still on.

Lappy is coming after Tootoo to start a fight, Tootoo whirls around and uncorks a right, glove off. yes, these two events are completely different arent' they.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

yeah, he really caught him completely off guard. No way for Laperriere to ever know that there was going to be a fight. Poor, poor Laperriere.

honestly, there's not much point to this argument

Sad. You're totally sad man. You can't hone up to the fact that you were wrong here. Just deflect, crack jokes, talk about poor lappy, talk about how great a game jordin played.

Why is Tootoo's name one of the first that comes up when people talk about dirty players?

You don't see Lappy punching Tootoo in the back of the head there do you?

Did you pause the clip? Did you pause it at the 10 second mark? Can you not see the punch has been thrown already and Lappy's gloves are still on his hands?

I guy can antagonize you to fight by giving you lip service and some jabs. You can be a man about it and back off, motion to drop your gloves and helmets and go.

You didn't see Tootoo do that because he doesn't have any respect for the code. He skates around while somebody is obviously trying to get him to fight and instead of squaring up and having a fair go, he always sheds the gloves and fires a punch without so much as a nod to the other guy that he wants to dance.

Lappy doesn't know if Tootoo is going to go or not. He's trying to get him to agree to go. If he wanted he could've just started punching him, giving Jordin no option but to fight back. That didn't happen here. Tootoo just hauled off before Lappy was ready.

I'm the idiot because I can watch and analyze a video? Do you hear that sinking sound? That's your credibility going down the drain.

Tootoo is a little b***ch. He does this to every guy in the league.

I'm waiting for the day that honourable fighters like Lapperierre just start throwing punches at this midget instead of following the code and asking him politely.

In Probert's day, this half-pint would have been knocked back into Nunavut.

Let's hope that this idiot and Perry collide one day and both are destroyed in a dishonorable fight that sees both injured with simultaneous sucker punches.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Tootoo is a little b***ch. He does this to every guy in the league.

I'm waiting for the day that honourable fighters like Lapperierre just start throwing punches at this midget instead of following the code and asking him politely.

In Probert's day, this half-pint would have been knocked back into Nunavut.

Let's hope that this idiot and Perry collide one day and both are destroyed in a dishonorable fight that sees both injured with simultaneous sucker punches.

:clap::clap: Okay, so i'm not the only one who saw that clip without my Predators glasses on. I think it would've helped if I told Legion to watch the video clip without the sound on. If your a Preds fan its hard enough to watch that clip objectively, but to listen to those two retards yap about it makes me want to vomit. They're still the biggest homers of all the commentators in the NHL. It hurts my stomach to listen to them at times.

:clap::clap: Okay, so i'm not the only one who saw that clip without my Predators glasses on. I think it would've helped if I told Legion to watch the video clip without the sound on. If your a Preds fan its hard enough to watch that clip objectively, but to listen to those two retards yap about it makes me want to vomit. They're still the biggest homers of all the commentators in the NHL. It hurts my stomach to listen to them at times.

It's not just the commentators but some of their media to. Last year when Tootoo tried to punk Clowe and got an ass-beating for his trouble, some Nashville hockey writer (a term I use very loosely) wrote about the scrap and you would have thought Clowe was in the hospital. If you had actually seen the fight you would have known that Tootoo threw 2 or 3 cowardly punches before Clowe was even ready. But then Clowe unleashed on Webster and tossed him around like a mouthy step-child.

Totally off topic:

Hillbillywingsfan, that vid of Data having the computer screen crash is AWESOME! :lol:

Where did you get it?!

hahahah awesome. to be honest i can't remember where i got it.

look no matter what...if a guy has his helmet on with face shield and he gets into a fight even if he's not a fighter and some one else starts it he should take off. specially for a guy like tootoo that fights all the time. it was like the other night with drake and perry. perry is another little ***** that didn't stick to the hockey players code and even cheap shot drake while drake was trying to get his helmet off. and if you dont' respect that you shouldn't be playing. period.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

sorry, wasn't intended for you. Directed at the pro video coach

Well, I stand corrected if he isn't wearing a visor. However, that is a moot issue since what we're talking about is the fact that he sucker punches people who aren't ready.

If he isn't wearing a visor, that's great. At least we won't have to discuss him fighting with it on. Now if we could just get him to stop throwing the first punch before the other guy even knows he's agreed to fight in the first place.

In an effort to keep Legoinairre from crying and to show some impartiality, here's some clips where tootoo proves he actually has heard of the code before. Notice how he has shed his helmet (because he was wearing a visor at the time), shed his gloves and is squaring off with the other guy.

Now, if we could just get him to stop doing this we wouldn't be having these discussions would we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ5l40daTdM

"i'm coming in scotty, hang on" What a bunch of ******* homers, this guy just sounds like a ****** everytime tootoo does anything. if tootoo broke wind this guy would nominate him for the Hart Trophy.

no sense in posting the Lappy fight again, we all know its the same deal from Jordin, swing when the other guy isn't ready or isn't looking. Awesome!

I've never questioned Jordin's ability to fight. He's a fantastic scrapper. I just wish he'd stop trying to unload the sucker punch. If you want to fight a guy, let him know you want to go. You can turn and face the guy and motion to drop your mits or say "let's go". there's no need to just haul off and try to land the first bomb before the other guy knows there's going to be a fight or not.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Was it me or did he throw start to throw that punch facing the other direction. If my eyes are not lying legionaire you really have no ground to stand on defending him.

Which is weird because you are one of the few posters from other teams that comes on here with some good s*** to say, not just you guys suck.

My $0.02.

I can't tell if Jordin was wearing a visor in the video. His helmet did not have a visor on it when he placed in the box last night. I do not know if he has shed the visor this season.

Visor or not, he should have removed his helmet. He through the first punch, which meant he had time to back away and remove the helmet.

I said these same words to my wife last night as we watched (we did attend). He should have dropped his helmet.

Otherwise, he played a fine game as far as his aggitating role goes. The precursor to this fight was an Avalanche player diving across the ice to stop a rush and taking out Smithson in the process- no penalty called. He stood up for his teammate, played cleanly with high energy throughout, and did not have any stupid penalties. Wished he would have removed his helmet.

The back and forth on this board goes to the extremes in both ways. He does not always fight with his helmet on, but he does often. His fight with Mayers last season stood out because the two took off everything first.

Again, just my $0.02 worth.

David